Vox Maps

Synchronized-turns strategy. Calling all teamers.
Mike
Lux Townie

Vox Maps

Post by Mike » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:38 pm

I like the game -

I think that keeping it simple is a good idea. I think where 'complexity' could be introduced with more ease is with the map design.

Since units are very powerful - I think that income should be tied to key objectives. Each original castle should have enough income to get some infantry each turn. Then, make certain objectives on the board - not always castles, but could be - income producing. Far enough away from the orginal castle, that one has to hold it - then build a castle there to capitalize.

Without making it too complex, could it be possible to tie an income to the number of castles a person has. For example - if you have 1 castle, you get 1x's the income you control - if you have 2 castles, you get 1.25 x's the income - 3 castles gets 1.75.... etc.

Odelay
ooodelayheehoo!

Post by Odelay » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:12 pm

I think I get your idea.

So you start with a basic "home" of low income to produce troops. There are some "key" points on the board, but in order to gain the full bonus, or any bonus at all, you have to "reinforce" it with a buy-able unit (castle)?

blackj3sus
Lux Messiah

Post by blackj3sus » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:19 am

ok i want empty bot player to have armies with no castle and some different icon like a wall instead of troops icon. (plz )Image

like there's nothing there but it costs troops to go that way... get it?

when i try to do this now it doesn't start map.

i was thinking this would be a good way to do things like deserts, because negative bonuses in countries isn't a good idea for vox i think.(except for maybe the bridge thing)

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:04 pm

There's a bug in the map-loading right now. The scenario needs to start from a player ID of 0. Yes, this contradicts the editor-player-info panel at the moment. Maybe that's what is stopping it from loading for you?

yi3artist
Luxer

Post by yi3artist » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:58 am

blackj3sus wrote:ok i want empty bot player to have armies with no castle and some different icon like a wall instead of troops icon.
This is a fun idea. A wall would give the impression of natural or unmaintained obstacles. Another option for the icon is farmers. The farmers (empty bot units) are just trying to make a living, but armies (players and bots) keep attacking, so the farmers take arms and defend.