Notes from First Game Played

Synchronized-turns strategy. Calling all teamers.
yi3artist
Luxer

Notes from First Game Played

Post by yi3artist » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:55 pm

I've downloaded the 01-Apr-2010 03:33 at 10.4M for Mac. I played the Tutorial Map. How do you know which version you're playing? Mac says it's version 1.0.

I played Vox for the first time after a hard day of thinking, so my brain was fried when I got to playing Vox. I hope these notes are useful; I'd like to contribute what I can.

A. Why did my "Human Teammate" let me kick him out of the land he was on? Why does "Human Teammate" AI let me usurp his land once? And why won't he continue to let me usurp his land? I'd like some of it so as to build a castle.

B. I have 5 land units in my own country. I want to build another castle. The error that arises is that I need 5 land units in my territory. Why I can't build a castle. If the issue is that I can only have one castle per country, then the error should say "You can only build one castle per country.", no?

C. Ok, I like the graph at the end, but please put in a window below the "So & So Wins -- Cool Message" window. I was scared I'd broke the game when colored glass cracks covered the win message.

D. Limit the game to two mobile units and a castle for the time being. Maybe later on Vox could add a stronger mobile defense unit (i.e. mace-wielding infantry on medieval steroids), or a stronger mobile attack unit (i.e. dragon knights), or even a stationary defense unit weaker than a castle (i.e. fortress/stronghold). But don't go over 4 types of units. It might really ruin the simplicity.

E. Owning a mine does give me more income, right? Bear with me, I'm groggy.

P.S. Regarding a new unit. I vote for a stationary defense stronghold without unit training ability that is half the price of a castle.

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:49 pm

Hey,
Thanks for your test report.

The version number can be found at the bottom of the map-selection window. It will say ALPHA BUILD 0.XX.

You're able to move your units into your teammate's land, without taking it over. Likewise, he can move his units into your lands to help your defence. (If he's taking over ownership from you, viewable by a color-change in the country, then that's a bug)

Yes, owning the mine does give you more income. Actually, every territory will give you income, but some are more valuable then others. Check the Bonuses button to see the details.

yi3artist
Luxer

Post by yi3artist » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:38 am

Ok. Well I took over my human teammate's two pieces of land. I cannot remember the situation exactly, so I'll report in more detail if it happens again.