Long range strikes

Synchronized-turns strategy. Calling all teamers.
BDF
Luxer

Long range strikes

Post by BDF » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:53 pm

Just an idea, which would probably come usefull in teamplay.

A missile type attack, which could strike absolutely anything on the board. It wouldn't conquer the territory you're hitting, but each unit would for example kill 10 pawns, or 5 knights, or some sort of mixture of both depeding on their ratios in that country.

Cost would be pretty high, and it would be pointless killing your enemy's units that appear to be very far from your borders with that enemy, but it would come very usefull for example when you have an ally of yours is attacking an enemy territory on his border, but needs some extra help from you and is across the board.

Perhaps also, to fire these "missiles", you would have to initially build some kind of launcher, just like you have to build an extra castle if you want a new place where you can recruit your units.

Hope I'm clear.

Btw... still a lot of bugs in the online games. If you chose to save your income up for something bigger, and not move any units, and you do this twice, the game automatically assumes you are afk and a bot takes over.

I came back into the same game later, started playing for one of the other players (not the one I was playing earlier), and recruits just wouldn't place. That went for every player. :?

Several others I can't remember.

blanco
Luxer

Post by blanco » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:31 pm

yes, I endorse your product and/or service, good day to you sir

Behemoth
Lux Flyweight

Post by Behemoth » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:38 am

BDF wrote:
Btw... still a lot of bugs in the online games. If you chose to save your income up for something bigger, and not move any units, and you do this twice, the game automatically assumes you are afk and a bot takes over.
If you let the time run out over several moves the game will assign a bot to play for you.

There's no need to let the timer run out in order not to buy or move units though. To end the turn without moving or buying units just hit 'Finished Moves'.

You'll then see an option box appear to check if you deliberately didn't buy units - The box will again ask if you want to hit 'Finished Moves' and offer a last chance to 'Recruit units'.

Simply hit 'Finished Moves' again if you still don't want to buy any units.
BDF wrote: I came back into the same game later, started playing for one of the other players (not the one I was playing earlier), and recruits just wouldn't place. That went for every player. :?

Several others I can't remember.
There's limits to re-joining a game that you've already played in, depends on how you left the game the first time you controlled a player.