A Game of Thrones

Synchronized-turns strategy. Calling all teamers.
jkouzes
Lux Newbie

A Game of Thrones

Post by jkouzes » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:13 pm

Has anyone made a game map based on the books and HBO series "A Game of Thrones". This would seem to be a good game for Castle Vox.

Behemoth
Lux Flyweight

Post by Behemoth » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:02 am

I agree Westeros would be a great map to include. The HBO series is on par with the Sopranos or The Wire imo, and got me reading the first book which is also an enjoyable yarn (Martin has written 5 or them so far with another 2 in development!)

Real events share some similarities to the stories - The War of the Roses; Houses Lancaster and York (House Lannister and House Stark?) Hadrian's Wall (The Wall) and the invasion of the Mongols (Dothraki) in the 13th century. The Great wall of China (The Wall) and the seven warring states period in ancient china bear some similarities to the Westros series as a whole also (although I haven't read that far yet, just the synopsis to those books)

No matter how much you admire the world Martin has created though, it is his creation. I think you'll find that copyright protects an artists work from being replicated, distributed and profited from.

Maybe there's maps to be inspired from real events as his words were?

jkouzes
Lux Newbie

Post by jkouzes » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:43 pm

I was looking at the map allot from the books, TV Series, and game... The maps almost look like some of the coasts of England... I used to be a cartographer, I wish I had the software like Abode Illustrator for the Mac... I would make a map for it...

Sidereal
Lux Newbie

Westeros Map

Post by Sidereal » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:48 am

I recently made a map of Westeros, set at the beginning of the War of the Five Kings, for my own enjoyment. So… message me if interested.

Two caveats though. First, this is my first map, so if anybody is better at map-making, please feel free to refine it. I’d just like to see the finished product ☺

Second, I’m looking for a map of Middle Earth, whether for lux or vox. I would make one myself, but I haven’t read the books in a long, long time.

nimrod7
Clown Prince

Post by nimrod7 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:40 pm

No LOTR because of copy right.

moreylc
Lux Newbie

Re:

Post by moreylc » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:47 am

Nimrod7 wrote:No LOTR because of copy right.
I made one for my own personal enjoyment that I'd be willing to share and get some feedback, send a PM.