Decline of Vox

Synchronized-turns strategy. Calling all teamers.
mud
n00b educator

Decline of Vox

Post by mud » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:42 am

Dustin, there are only 5 active games on the tracker, only 1 of which has more than 2 players.

This game is going to need a way for people to sign-up for matches if it is going to take off. I would certainly play if there was a way to balance the games.

philo32b
Luxer

Post by philo32b » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:35 pm

Increased retention of veteran players, like mud suggested, is important. Also important is making it easier for new players to get up to speed. That will keep some of them from leaving, too.

It would be nice if an experienced player would write a short primer on tactics in human-human games, which are very different from human-bot games. That would help boost the # of players and make the games more interesting.

Rhye
Lux Crooner

Post by Rhye » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:30 pm

Vox itself may need more advertisement, whether it be by sillysoft, or by Voxers (is that a term?). To me, it seems Vox hasn't really attracted many people, rather, most users are recycled Lux players.

Maybe if you throw 'em a church or two, they'll be more willing to stay 8)

philo32b
Luxer

Post by philo32b » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:52 pm

Advertisement is a good idea. Perhaps striving for coverage by gaming or strategy online media: Rock, Paper, Shotgun and Three Moves Ahead are two I can think of off the top of my head.

jesterme
Lux Duck Lover

Post by jesterme » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:56 pm

I joined 2 rooms. Come on over and kick my butt! Bring your friends, too!

spillblood
Luxer

Post by spillblood » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:22 pm

Yeah, advertising is a good idea. This game is awesome, it needs to be better known! I've recommended it to be featured on Three Moves Ahead, a strategy games podcast. I think you should contact them yourself, because that'll have more effect than my actions, I think. Since they feature a lot of Indie strategy games (like Defcon, Galcon, Frozen Synapse, various stuff by Matrix Games) I think they'd give it some coverage.
Use the links on this page to contact them:
http://flashofsteel.com/index.php/three-moves-ahead/
Think it'd be of use if they get E-mails by various persons.

spillblood
Luxer

Post by spillblood » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:54 pm

Hey, people, it worked this time, Rob Zacny of Three Moves Ahead told me he'll check out Castle Vox and maybe feature it on the podcast. I'm sure this would give it some needed exposure. Hey Dustin, be sure to contact him yourself, maybe he can interview you on the podcast (they often do features about indie strategy games where they interview the developers).