NEW MAP: Spanish-American War

Synchronized-turns strategy. Calling all teamers.
mbauer
Not A Truck

NEW MAP: Spanish-American War

Post by mbauer » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:28 pm

Ever since American History Lux this map has been swimming around in my head, I finally got it out. Not sure if it works though, or if it's clear enough. It is in BETA now, so any and all feedback is welcome

mentor09
Luxer

Re: NEW MAP: Spanish-American War

Post by mentor09 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:47 am

mbauer wrote:Ever since American History Lux this map has been swimming around in my head, I finally got it out. Not sure if it works though, or if it's clear enough. It is in BETA now, so any and all feedback is welcome
Well this looks awesome (again) ! I am downloading :twisted:

drSnuggles
Luxer

Post by drSnuggles » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:48 am

Nice looking map.

I think these colored connectors are the only thing to criticize little.
One might think that so marked countries connect among themselves, especially Santiago and Guanica. However, I've got no idea how to make it better than you've done without changing these connections at all. Players will need to deal with some limitation here, since you can barely draw lines through half the map, and there's need to have them connected reasonably.

I'd like to see fh games soon for balance inspection. :)

mbauer
Not A Truck

Post by mbauer » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:39 am

drSnuggles wrote: I think these colored connectors are the only thing to criticize little.
One might think that so marked countries connect among themselves, especially Santiago and Guanica. However, I've got no idea how to make it better than you've done without changing these connections at all. Players will need to deal with some limitation here, since you can barely draw lines through half the map, and there's need to have them connected reasonably.
Yeah I wrestled with that for a while, this is the bets I could come up with.

It's wild!!!!

Erebus
Lux Newbie

Post by Erebus » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:19 am

Since I work for boardgames editors, I can give some hint here :P
Just use different colored dots: the spanish and american reinforcements that get to move to 2 different countries get 2 dots (ex. red and yellow) while the 2 countries get only 1 dot. That way is pretty clear you can move to and from this to that.

Anyway, nice map, I enjoyed playing it.

Only the philippines are a bit too difficult, expecially with units, to tell were you can move, at least the first game. ^_^

btw grat job!