Extra Picture Units/Sets to choose From

Synchronized-turns strategy. Calling all teamers.
Osiris
Luxer

Extra Picture Units/Sets to choose From

Post by Osiris » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:38 pm

Hi All,

I just had a thought that just might work to develop castlevox more and make it more interesting...I think?

How about this...as you know we have a picture representing a castle, knight & pawn.

What about having different pictures to select from - representing a castle, knight & pawn for different players to choose from.

So not only the colour but a different pic/set representing that particular player in a solo and or multi-player game.

This would be good so that non-playing units can be different to playable units as well.

Each player would in effect have a diffrerent set of units.

Is this worth exploring?

blanco
Luxer

Post by blanco » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:53 am

Cool idea. Although I wouldn't nessesarily give every player the option to choose different ones, maybe also too complicated to create. How about making it possible to make maps with different troops (and/or castles) for different players? This would make some maps way more logical, for instance the Roman Empire maps, now they all have "roman" style troops, but with this idea you could give other factions their own style of troops.

Osiris
Luxer

Post by Osiris » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:47 pm

Just a further thought…

Perhaps we can start with just 2 sets of units, one for active players, and the other for non-active play.

At the moment the units are designated as – unit_pawn; but the new units in your ‘Themes’ folder would be designated as unit_pawn_set_a and unit_pawn_set_b.

Thus you would have 2 different sets of units – ‘unit_pawn_set_a’, ‘unit_knight_set_a’, ‘unit_castle_set_a’ - ‘unit_pawn_set_b’, ‘unit_knight_set_b’, ‘unit_castle_set_b’

This would become apparent in the ‘Map Editor’ under ‘Editing Mode’ under - 6: Set Country Names and Starting Scenario, where you have ‘Starting Units’.

This would change as ‘Starting Units Set A’ and underneath ‘Starting Units Set B’, thus under those titles you can tell the editor which ‘Unit Set’ you are using for that designated space on the map.

And therefore – one unit set would be for the active players and the other unit set for non-players, and when an active player wants to build more units, only the active set would be available, because he was given that designated unit set to start with.

Well…I hope it all makes sense…could this method work?