Starting game feature

Synchronized-turns strategy. Calling all teamers.
SnyperEye
Anti-Holy Assgrabber

Starting game feature

Post by SnyperEye » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:20 am

Oh mighty Quasar,

I like the idea that you're working on improvements to the turn notification process. If I may also request another improvement and feature that may be awesome to have in Vox and that's a game start notification.

Many times, Vox players find themselves sitting and waiting for days on end for a FH game to start. They stop checking daily and then a FH game starts and then some players miss the first couple turns because they didn't realize someone joined and the game started. I think a simple solution to this is a email alert to when a game starts so players don't miss turns when a FH game actually starts. Quite similar to how the forums alert you when someone responds to a post or thread.

If we wanted to get even more advanced why not have a recruit feature that sends out notifications when a game needs 1 final player for a game to start? I think all these would be great improvements to Castle Vox.

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Re: Starting game feature

Post by dustin » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:51 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. Better notifications are definitely needed. I've been thinking about email notification as a possibility... Perhaps as a user option. I'm working on turn notifications, which would also encompass the first turn of a game starting.

Question for you: Would you feel comfortable having Vox always open in the background? That makes it easier to notify you.

SnyperEye
Anti-Holy Assgrabber

Re: Starting game feature

Post by SnyperEye » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:48 pm

I personally don't mind but I am not sure if anyone else is having this problem but if I sit in a room for a long period of time I tend to loose connection to the room often. then I am force to rejoin the room. I am not sure if this is my connection issue or the hosts server.