Lux Alliance beta 142

Synchronized-turns strategy. Calling all teamers.
dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Lux Alliance beta 142

Post by dustin » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:44 pm

Lux Alliance is a team-based simultaneous-turns strategy game, inspired by Lux, Diplomacy, and Axis & Allies. Lux Alliance was previously called Castle Vox. We are re-branding the game to better name it as we move towards a steam launch later this year.

Download the Lux Alliance beta here!

Beta 142 changes:
- Map window sizing improvements. Trying to fix the reported nullpointer.
- Better window maximizing.
- Map doesn't resize when the window resizes for now.
- In-game menu improvements.
- Return key on the main menu will start the game.

earlier beta additions:
- makes team-moves visible to all team-mates all the time (requires the server running this latest version to fully work).
- a separate chat area for team-chat.
- limits team-chat leakage even when a player leaves a game.

- Adjusted window and map resize behaviour.
- Use the C+, C-, C9, C0 keyboard shortcuts to resize the map, even if the menubar isn't there.
- Re-arranged the in-game menu options for safety.

- Better online turn notifications.
- Enabled autoplay for fast online games.
- Online games auto-save each turn.
- Online games have the ability to start from a saved game state.
- Online games limit bots used to medium and hard difficulty.

- Added a Mac OS X 10.6 compatible version.
- Updated translations.

I'm re-freshing the online game tracker with the new version. Join the new Sillysoft rooms for some relaxed long-timer games where you can make your moves once a day. Or use the KWIK room for faster games where everyone is present together.

Download the Lux Alliance beta here!

Pars
Lux Alliance Fan

Re: Lux Alliance beta 142

Post by Pars » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:05 am

Yes, Nullpointer is gone. I have opened 50+ maps and it don't show up.
Good job on that.

Also, I can now use Ctrl 9 and Ctrl 0 to make maps bigger. And I can also scroll the maps now without any glitches.
But! I found a strange bug, on the map 2 bridges and The Anarchy of King Stephen the map actually get smaller when I use Ctrl 0 and bigger with Ctrl9.
it should be the other way around.

I also like that you added Game options inside of game.
Big improvments with 142 :smt023
Hopefully when you can add "team messeage notifications" for next version.

Pars
Lux Alliance Fan

Post by Pars » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:26 pm

I'm in the WW2 Europe room and I can see Ralps team chat.
He has been afk alot and now I can see his chat. It may be that he is using an older version and therefore
I can see his chat and also that's the reason why he is afk, perhaps he don't get turn notifications.

Pars
Lux Alliance Fan

Post by Pars » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:08 pm

Ctrl 0 and Ctrl 9 does not work every time for me, it' works maybe 30% of the times.
But when it works it is flawless.

I few times when I tried opening a an going map/game online the Alliance client gets stuck
and I have to turn it off through windows Task Manager.

mbauer
Not A Truck

Post by mbauer » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:19 pm

I have also witnessed the program sometimes getting stuck on the "Load Resources" part when joining a network game. I have to force quit the application. Upon re-load it usually works.

Another issue I've had is I want to click and drag the bottom corner of the window to re-size it, and that doesn't seem to work. This is a problem because sometimes "Finished moves" is off screen and I can't get to it. I don't want to resize the map, just the window.

Lastly, when typing in the chat window, "command+a" doesn't work to select all the type, which means sometimes I have to click and drag to highlight text, which can be laborious.

mbauer
Not A Truck

Post by mbauer » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:15 pm

I also noticed sometimes command+B to show bonuses doesn't seem to work

PerseusSpartacus
Luxer

Post by PerseusSpartacus » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:19 am

I also noticed a problem while I was designing a very large map. Let's say you have a map that's very large but still kind of cluttered. You want to zoom in/resize the map larger so you can see past the clutter. Unfortunately, when you do that, the map will expand beyond the area you can scroll around in on the main Lux Alliance window, thus essentially cropping off the bottom and right sides of the map and thereby making it impossible to play. If you want an example of what I'm referring to, just open up the map 'The Great War' by Behemoth, and try resizing the map larger. If you then try scrolling your view to the bottom and right, you'll find you can't actually see the bottom or right edges of the map itself.

This isn't necessarily a problem with most of the Vox maps that are out there right now, and of course a simple answer would be to just make your map large enough that there won't be any problems with clutter and therefore you shouldn't need to zoom in in the first place. Nonetheless, I think that's kind of insufficient and I would like it if this problem could be sorted out sometime in the near future.

Pars
Lux Alliance Fan

Post by Pars » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:43 pm

I left the Crusades Map in turn 2, Kriss took over my seat.
I can still read the team chat.