Map/Board Reviews

Synchronized-turns strategy. Calling all teamers.
PaxCanadiana
Lux Newbie

Map/Board Reviews

Post by PaxCanadiana » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:21 am

Okay, so I spent a couple hours searching through the forums looking for posts that might have reviews for "CastleVox/LuxAlliance" maps/boards. Alas, sparse and far in between, if at all. Hence, this new Topic! :D

So, starting with the very latest and newest map that I downloaded this evening (another fun offering from Mr. Mark Bauer, I might add), I offer my humble opinion of "Ancient World-Leuctra":

First off, any new map that gets me up to turn 75 on the random "Easy" level in my 1st game, just to finally win, gets an automatic 4 Stars! :) 2nd up, if said same game (in the following Games 2 & 3) kicks my butt and hands it to me both times on a shiny silver platter twice in random "Hard" mode, well, Hell, that makes it 5 Stars, in my book.

So ends this first Map Review...

FYI: I tend to gravitate towards WWI & WWII games, so future reviews may lean heavily in this favour. :smt023

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Re: Map/Board Reviews

Post by dustin » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:02 pm

Map reviews sound cool!

PaxCanadiana
Lux Newbie

Post by PaxCanadiana » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:46 pm

Thanks there, Dustin. I know the reviews have been slow in coming atm; but things have been pretty busy here lately. Hoping to get back to it by end of Oct. or early Nov. Stay tuned, as they say... :)

PaxCanadiana
Lux Newbie

Post by PaxCanadiana » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:39 pm

OKay, so here we are once again, late at night, beer near done, and time to REVIEW! lol :)

K, 1st off, I have to say, I just love the "El Alamein" map/board. It's just enough historical accuracy mixed with game needs to make a fun game. I've played this particular game probably at least 50 times in the last long while or so and I can tell ya, either Rommel or Monty, you have a fifty-fifty chance of winning! (that is, when the game is set @ RANDOM/HARD level)

Cu3e
Luxer

Post by Cu3e » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:12 pm

Cool, thanks! I had not tried either one of those maps yet. Installing now :smt023

EDIT: El Alamein would probably work better agains the AI without the neutral hexes. AI spends too much effort capturing hexes that give no income.