Bug in Map Editor

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
Owned
Lux Veteran
Location: Lair of Bane watching Schro put Symbi into tight attire

Bug in Map Editor

Post by Owned » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:36 pm

I believe there is a bug in the connect close countries tool in the map editor. After I did this, I was getting an error saying that country id () is too high. I opened the map file in notebook and I checked all the country numbers and they were in order starting at 0. And every time I tried to reload my file it would make more countries disappear. So now I'm back to the beginning and the error has finally gone away.

When the error occurred, I could not create connections with the country producing the error. I could copy and paste the country and replace it. It would work fine until the corrupted country was deleted and the newest country made took its place. Kinda frustrating but oh well. It was all copy and pasted anyway.

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Re: Bug in Map Editor

Post by dustin » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:05 pm

If you still have the borked file, please email it to lux@sillysoft.net for me to take a look

Owned
Lux Veteran

Post by Owned » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:44 pm

I'm sorry I don't, but I can try to replicate it for you. I remember from the file that I noticed that country 2 came before country 1, but when I switched them it didn't fix the problem.

Also, after I finished laying out all the countries for the second time, I accidentally hit crtl Q instead of crtl 1 and Lux quit without asking if I wanted to save my progress, so I'm back close to the beginning again :D Maybe you could add a popup when the map editor tries to close when progress hasn't been saved. Would be a lovely feature to keep map makers from dire frustration.

Owned
Lux Veteran

Post by Owned » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:00 pm

So I have recreated the bug on accident. I changed the name of the file and when I opened it the bug had done its work. I am missing about 25 countries on my previously finished map. I have the file, should I email it to lux@sillysoft.net?

Owned
Lux Veteran

Post by Owned » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:36 pm

Well after digging through the file I found that I didn't have a country id of 49, so I changed my highest id to 49 and it worked. All my stuff is back. But I have no idea what caused it, I have a copy of the bugged file if you still want to take a look dustin.

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:11 pm

If you know how to recreate this bug, that would be great info to have. Please send the steps and file to lux@sillysoft.net

Bernardsr
Lux Newbie

Bug in Map Editor

Post by Bernardsr » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:47 pm

I had just posted about the chat bug just before you did. Good to know its not just me. Makes the possibility of it having been me who messed something up on my end seem a little less likely.