October 17th - 21st Survivor

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
MissChaos
Hex Vixen

Post by MissChaos » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:19 pm

...and Kef and I are there, so if any member from our team have time to play, hurry up!!

Digital Jihad
MOTW Master

Post by Digital Jihad » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:05 pm

qwert PM me

newbeslaya
Slayer of Newbs

Post by newbeslaya » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:49 pm

CRUM I'M HERE IF YOU'RE READY. PREACH WANTS US TO PLAY

mbauer
Not A Truck

Post by mbauer » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:00 pm

well team B, you left it up to MissC and I, and we decided to let the other teams win for a little while, you know, let them get all cocky and stuff. Then when they underestimate us, we'll strike with our unbelievable skill and immense strategic minds.

Dominator
The Man

Post by Dominator » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:23 pm

what are the standings looking like so far..

newbeslaya
Slayer of Newbs

Post by newbeslaya » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:12 pm

Team A - Me and Crum owned it up today winning all our games and advancing to the next round. Hope you other guys can show up too

TurnipSlaya
Dark Ages Slaya

Post by TurnipSlaya » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:39 pm

Hey this is a lot of fun! I wish more of the other teams would show up so my team can play!!!

I hope Miss C takes a picture of Preacher after this is all over and posts it as it will be quite a change, being all bald and all from pulling out his hair answering the same questions 2,000 times a day!!!! Have u thought of donating it to one of the cancer treatment centers that make the wigs?

Doing a great job Preach! I think we all appreciate it greatly!

:smt023

Thanks,
TurnipSlaya

Eric The Great of Antarct
Asshat Assassin

Post by Eric The Great of Antarct » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:02 pm

Preacherman wrote:
3DA wrote:So how'd the first day go? Any results?
First day went great, there was a really good turnout from Group Two who got most of their games done. Group One was pretty poor, but they've got until Friday to make that up. I'll post game results tomorrow for all games I think, I've not got the time now, although they are all recorded here of course. Big shock of the night was Team D (defending champions) losing one to Team H :D

Shock? I wasn't shocked. Looking at the rosters I think team H is by far the most likely to win it all. I mean, their players are brilliant strategists. On top of that, they can make an art of asshatting the competition. And they are by far the most handsome group! So OF COURSE they won (and are currently undefeated). I for one am not shocked.

P.S.- Team D didn't lose to Team H. Team D got royally thrashed by Team H. Just to clarify I have a graphic below illustrating the game. Team D has the sword.
:smt068 :smt065

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:07 pm

Preacherman wrote:Big shock of the night was Team D (defending champions) losing one to Team H :D
Team D demands a recount

We will have our lawyers call your lawyers

Eric The Great of Antarct
Asshat Assassin

Post by Eric The Great of Antarct » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:23 pm

Mud...you guys can demand a recount. The bottom line is I did not have sexual relations with that woman. And it really all comes down to the definition of the word if. And team H clobbered Team D :smt064

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:06 am

LIES!!!!!

MissChaos
Hex Vixen

Post by MissChaos » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:19 am

mbauer wrote:well team B, you left it up to MissC and I, and we decided to let the other teams win for a little while, you know, let them get all cocky and stuff. Then when they underestimate us, we'll strike with our unbelievable skill and immense strategic minds.
Yes, this is absolutely true. We know how good we are, we don't feel the need to prove anything.
However - some points for the team who have been waiting most wouldn't hurt though...it would be a nice gesture, Preach?

MissChaos
Hex Vixen

Post by MissChaos » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:22 am

hans793 wrote: ...being all bald and all from pulling out his hair answering the same questions 2,000 times a day!!!!
To be honest; one thing that certainly made him pull his hair off; "What is you IM address?"...does it sound familiar? :wink:

TurnipSlaya
Dark Ages Slaya

Post by TurnipSlaya » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:00 am

familiar? i pulled 10 pounds of hair out myself on that absurdity of the IT world?

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Turnipslaya is no spring chicken, but not a internet retard either! Sadly, I was very disappointed when I had 4 people in one chat window and preach put the 5th player in the game who wasn't in the chat.

If i could have ever killed someone :smt071 that game finale would have been the one time

Preacherman
Semiholy Priest
Location: Sweden (capital of Denmark, an island in Norway, southern Europe)

Post by Preacherman » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:20 am

hans793 wrote:Turnipslaya is no spring chicken, but not a internet retard either! Sadly, I was very disappointed when I had 4 people in one chat window and preach put the 5th player in the game who wasn't in the chat.
Hey, I put the player in the game that you as a team ask me to put in the game! It's not my fault you guys can't get your shit together :P
Last edited by Preacherman on Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mike
Lux Townie

Post by Mike » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:46 am

MissChaos wrote:...and Kef and I are there, so if any member from our team have time to play, hurry up!!
Sorry Guys - I feel bad. I begged to be on the team, and could not show up. I am totally lame... in my defense though - I was not able to be near a computer, but I still feel lame.

Preacherman
Semiholy Priest

Post by Preacherman » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:23 am

OK, standings so far :

Group One
Team A : newbeslaya, Alexander Great, Cuarto, RCrum, Yo Daddy, compton nick
Team B : Kef, Mattman160, MissChaos, --<Precious>--, mbauer, Mike
Team I : Supergood, Soca Warrior, MaW1028, Heartscoffee, Hadrian, Mika
Team P : Zmaster, C-Rex, hans793, joe mama, skeeter6913579, Err0r

• #1 : Team P (Hans793, skeeter6913579, joe mama) vs. Team I (Supergood, Heartscoffee, MaW1028) won by Team I after a member of Team P killed a member of Team I. Hans793 voted off Team P.

#8 : Team B (MissChaos, mbauer) vs. Team A (RCrum, newbeslaya) won by Team A.

#9 : Team I (SuperGood, Soca Warrior) vs. Team B (mbauer, MissChaos) won by Team I.

#10 Team A (RCrum, newbeslaya) vs. Team I (SuperGood, Soca Warrior) won by Team A.

#11 : Team B (mbauer, MissChaos) vs. Team P (Hans793, joe mama) won by Team P.
Team I : 9 points (won 2/3 games).
Team A : 8 points (won 2/2 games).
Team P : 5 points (won 1/2 games).
Team B : 3 points (won 0/3 games).

Outstanding games :
Team A vs. Team P

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Group Two
Team D : mud, magpie, minorking, blind willie, hoodie
Team E : SunTzu, Sylocat, Eice, jimski, Deuce, KingPatrick
Team H : GYPCOUNT, Nimrod, Eric the Great of Antarctica, Mr. Potato Head, the tide, SecondTermMistake
Team M : Tavern, Spiderman, Wabbit of doom, Saint, Pacifist, RATMOUSE

• #2 : Team H (Eric the Great of Antarctica, Mr. Potato Head, SecondTermMistake) vs. Team M (Saint, Tavern, Spiderman) won by Team H. Spiderman voted off Team M.

#3 : Team E (SunTzu, Deuce, jimski) vs. Team D (mud, magpie, hoodie) won by Team D. SunTzu voted off Team E.

#4 : Team D (mud, Minor King, hoodie) vs. Team H (Eric the Great of Antarctica, Mr. Potato Head, SecondTermMistake) won by Team H. Last years undefeated champions take their first ever loss. Magpie voted off Team D.

#13 : Team E (SunTzu, jimski, KingPatrick) vs. Team M (Tavern, Saint, RATMOUSE) won by Team M. SunTzu voted off Team E.
Team H : 8 points (won 2/2 games).
Team D : 5 points (won 1/2 games).
Team M : 5 points (won 1/2 games).
Team E : 2 points (won 0/2 games).

Outstanding games :
Team H vs. Team E
Team D vs. Team M

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Group Three
Team C : pls, RandomGuy, enjoymoreradio, magic, The, Baden
Team G : Dominator, *Manimal, PSU7685, pcristov, r@wby, General K
Team L : redrum, Frost, Cheech99, Lantern, Harley, paranoiarodeo
Team O : jayfox, BarStar, MathiasEE, Loki, El Toro, jeff heppe

• #12 : Team G (General K, Dominator) vs. Team L (Cheech99, Harley) won by Team G.
Team G : 4 points (won 1/1 games).
Team L : 1 points (won 0/1 games).
Team C : 0 points (won 0/0 games).
Team O : 0 points (won 0/0 games).

Outstanding games :
Team G vs. Team C
Team G vs. Team O
Team L vs. Team C
Team L vs. Team O
Team C vs. Team O

Group Four
Team F : Packman, Scad, Drifter, jwd, michelle, Grozoth
Team J : Big Will E Style, Goten6456, Marauder, Candj, killercatfish, Golfmannen
Team K : Trinkett, Qwert1965, Meron, djdee, Garius, Digital Jihad
Team N : 3DA, Pascaline, RL Greiner, Mons Veneris, Ricardo, Usternchen

• #5 : Team F (jwd, Scad) vs. Team J (Goten6456, Golfmannen) won by Team J.

#6 : Team K (Qwert1965, Digital Jihad, djdee) vs. Team F (Packman, michelle, drifter) won by Team F. djdee voted off Team K.

#7 : Team N (3DA, pascaline, RL.GREINER) vs. Team F (michelle, packman, Scad) won by Team N.
Team F : 6 points (won 1/3 games).
Team J : 4 points (won 1/1 games).
Team N : 4 points (won 1/1 games).
Team K : 1 points (won 0/1 games).

Outstanding games :
Team J vs. Team N
Team J vs. Team K
Team N vs. Team K

Tonight we will concentrate on playing as many of the Outstanding Games as we can. If your team is missing games, please turn up and get the last ones played - remember, only the top two teams in each group go through and at the moment of 16 teams, only 2 are sitting safe in the next round - an advancement spot is still there in every group!

There will also be chances for players who have been voted off to get back on their Teams - currently magpie, spiderman, djdee and SunTzu are in limbo. SunTzu is like the new MissChaos and currently holds this years record for the number of times to get voted off his team.

All games to date have been played on the awesome Survivor Map by SunTzu, I think we can all agree it's a perfect map for the job and we are already discussing some visual improvements for next years tournament including the addition of capital cities and multi-coloured flagged countries to allow a greater diversity of missions.

Thanks to everyone who's turned up so far, it's been a blast. :smt023

MissChaos
Hex Vixen

Post by MissChaos » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:53 am

Preacherman wrote: SunTzu is like the new MissChaos and currently holds this years record for the number of times to get voted off his team.
I was only voted off ONE (1) time last year, so this is a statement that couldn't be more wrong. For this Team B demands at least 5 extra points.

djdee
lux widowmaker

Post by djdee » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:27 am

yes missy this does seem a little odd we also sat around for quite a while last night waiting for SunTzu to come and play against us and that means he is Mr Indestructible.

Also why are only a few players voted off? I thought a player was voted off each time you lost? Not that I'm sore at being the player voted off from our team, at all, Honest!

Preacherman
Semiholy Priest

Post by Preacherman » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:34 am

I wasn't asking for players to be voted off in 2vs.2 games, as it seemed to be more important that a player is around to complete their teams games than it is that the winning team should get to remove someone - 3vs.3 games are still running the votes though.

All team members voted off will have another chance tonight to get back on...

Mike
Lux Townie

Post by Mike » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:43 am

If I may make a suggestion - since all teams start with the same number of players - and there are obvious problems for some teams to have all players present - instead of voting of a specific player - a team that loses - will lose a player, that is determined by the team. I think this is in all fairness and realistic contstraints of online game play.

For example - due to circumstances beyond my control - I have not been able to play in any of the games this week, and Miss C. has - it may seem 'strategic' to allow another team to vote her off - but in light of the fact that our team has shown poor numbers - I don't think it is in the spirit of play to restrict Miss C from playing, when few others on our team have been able to play. Luxtoberfest is more about sportsmanship and play than it is about cut-throat strategy, IMHO...

If allowed, I will gladly give Miss C. my spot on the available team - as I suspect I will not be able to play until either very late tonight - or Sunday.

Mike

SunTzu
Lux Cartographer

Post by SunTzu » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:04 pm

Preacherman wrote:All team members voted off will have another chance tonight to get back on...
∞ SunTzu prepares to rise from the dead yet again...∞

redrum
The GAME

Post by redrum » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:50 pm

<redrum>

newbeslaya
Slayer of Newbs

Post by newbeslaya » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:13 pm

TEAM K -CRUM AND I WILL BE THERE TO GET IN OUR GAME AGAINST YOU GUYS AT 7PM CENTRAL USA TIME - HOPE YOU GUYS CAN MAKE IT

Preacherman
Semiholy Priest

Post by Preacherman » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:18 pm

OK, I'm up 8)

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:26 pm

Mike wrote:since all teams start with the same number of players
but they dont

Cuarto
Lux Wunderkind

Post by Cuarto » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:51 pm

newbeslaya wrote:TEAM K -CRUM AND I WILL BE THERE TO GET IN OUR GAME AGAINST YOU GUYS AT 7PM CENTRAL USA TIME - HOPE YOU GUYS CAN MAKE IT
Team A vs Team P*

SunTzu
Lux Cartographer

Post by SunTzu » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:14 pm

For the Quarter-Finals, there will be additional missions that may be given out. These missions depend on you having the latest version of the Luxtoberfest Survivor Map.

To update the map, go to the plugin manager and check the status of the Luxtoberfest Survivor map. If it says "Available !" then hit the Install button.

Once it's finished installing, you need to shutdown Lux and start it up again in order to see the changes.

RandomGuy
Lux Veteran

Post by RandomGuy » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:22 pm

Sneaky! waiting until the quarterfinals to put some extra connections in!

edited to ask: wouldn't the new map be downloaded automatically when you join the hosted room?

Scad
Lux Elder

Post by Scad » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:12 pm

Not seeing it in the PlugIn manager... hurry up Sunny.