October 17th - 21st Survivor

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
MinorKing
Lux Addict

Post by MinorKing » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:33 am

TWO YEARS IN A ROW.

UNDEFEATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*****

Preacherman
Semiholy Priest
Location: Sweden (capital of Denmark, an island in Norway, southern Europe)

Post by Preacherman » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:17 am

Well, Sunday night was Luxtoberfest Survivor Finals night. It took 10 straight hours of hosting to find a winner, and just like last year I was honoured to be able to watch some of the best games of Lux I've seen played in all my time here. Here's a breakdown of the games :

Semifinal One
The best of 3 games between
Team G : Dominator, animechess, PSU7685, pcristov, r@wby, General K
Team D : mud, magpie, minorking, blind willie, hoodie
  • #33 : Team D (magpie, mud) vs. Team G (General K, Dominator) won by Team D.

#34 : Team G (General K, animechess, Dominator) vs. Team D (magpie, mud, MinorKing) won by Team G.

#35 : Team D (magpie, MinorKing) vs. Team G (pcristov, Dominator) won by Team D.
This semifinal went, as expected, right down the wire with three tense and well played games. Game #34 was a classic - Team D started celebrating the win after 2.86 rounds instead of 3 as stated in their mission, thereby revealing their mission to their opponents who managed to capitalise on the error and turn it around for the win!
Team D : 9 points (won 2/3 games).
Team G : 6 points (won 1/3 games).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Semifinal Two
The best of 3 games between
Team L : redrum, Frost, Cheech99, Lantern, Harley, paranoiarodeo
Team C : pls, RandomGuy, enjoymoreradio, magic, The, Baden
  • #36 : Team L (paranoiarodeo, Lantern, Harley) vs. Team G (pls, RandomGuy, The) won by Team L.

#37 : Team G (Baden, pls, The) vs. Team L (paranoiarodeo, cheech99, Frost) won by Team L.
I think it's fair to say that the results from this semifinal don't really do justice to the games. Game #36 stands out in my mind as the best game of the entire tournament, a 2 hour marathon where the "Outplay, Outwit, Outlast" tagline from tournament never rang more true with both teams playing some absolutely fantastic Lux. I have never seen a game swing both ways and players fight their way back from nothing so often - truly an amazing game, very well played both teams!
Team L : 8 points (won 2/2 games).
Team C : 2 points (won 0/2 games).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BRONZE PLACE MATCH
Team G : Dominator, animechess, PSU7685, pcristov, r@wby, General K
Team C : pls, RandomGuy, enjoymoreradio, magic, The, Baden
  • #38 : Team C (Baden, pls, RandomGuy) vs. Team G (General K, animechess, pcristov) won by Team G.
Team G : 4 points (won 1/1 games).
Team C : 1 points (won 0/1 games).

FINAL PLACE MATCH
There was discussion of postponing the finals until later in the week in order to guarantee 3vs3 games, but Team L generously allowed the use of a substitute player for Team D, who chose SnyperEye. The best of 3 games between
Team D : mud, magpie, minorking, blind willie, hoodie, SnyperEye
Team L : redrum, Frost, Cheech99, Lantern, Harley, paranoiarodeo
  • #39 : Team L (paranoiarodeo, Lantern, Harley) vs. Team D (MinorKing, hoodie, SnyperEye) won by Team D.

#40 : Team D (MinorKing, hoodie, SnyperEye) vs. Team L (paranoiarodeo, Frost, cheech99) won by Team L.

#41 : Team L (paranoiarodeo, Lantern, cheech99) vs. Team D (MinorKing, hoodie, SnyperEye) won by Team D.
Team D : 9 points (won 2/3 games).
Team L : 6 points (won 1/3 games).

Team G : Dominator, animechess, pcristov, General K

Team L : Frost, Cheech99, Lantern, Harley, paranoiarodeo

Team D : mud, magpie, minorking, hoodie, blind willie, SnyperEye

Like last year, Femurs of Participation will be awarded to all those players who either turned up and/or played at least one game for their teams and helped make this event what it is : newbeslaya, Alexander Great, Cuarto, RCrum, compton nick, Kef, Mattman160, MissChaos, st00pid mbauer, Supergood, Soca Warrior, MaW1028, Heartscoffee, Hadrian, C-Rex, hans793, joe mama, skeeter6913579, Err0r, SunTzu, Sylocat, jimski, Deuce, KingPatrick, GYPCOUNT, Nimrod7, Eric the Great of Antarctica, Mr. Potato Head, SecondTermMistake, Tavern, Spiderman, Helen, Saint, RATMOUSE, pls, RandomGuy, The, Baden, BarStar, jayfox, Packman, Scad, Drifter, jwd, michelle, redrum, Big Will E Style, Goten6456, Marauder, Candj, killercatfish, Golfmannen, Qwert1965, Meron, djdee, Digital Jihad, 3DA, Pascaline, Mons Veneris, and Yo Daddy. If I forgot anyone, please let me know!

I will be talking to Team D privately to find out exactly how we award the medals for two of their members, Blind Willie who wanted to play but couldn't, and SnyperEye who wasn't a member of that team but played all three Final games for them. Once again - thanks to everyone who participated, it's been a blast. Special thanks also to SunTzu for his work on the map, which I think we can all agree suited the job down the ground, especially with the addition of the updated theme which allowed slightly more variation in the missions, and to MissChaos for putting up with all the late nights, helping to keep an eye on mission objectives, and listening to me rant when players complain at me about their dice ;)

Finally, sorry to Team A (highest winning percentage of all games played, 80%!) and Team N who I had to eliminate when I did in order to get the tiebreakers sorted out ready for the Quarter Finals the next day. Two great teams who were a little short-changed in retrospect, but whom I am sure we'll be seeing more of next year!

Look forward to seeing you all next year!

:smt023
Last edited by Preacherman on Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.

MissChaos
Hex Vixen

Post by MissChaos » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:20 am

Well done (D)evilteam!
:D

redrum
The GAME

Post by redrum » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:57 am

I showed up a bunch of times to fine out team L was not playing.

General K
Lux KAPITALIST

Post by General K » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:20 am

Preacherman wrote:...and to MissChaos for putting up with all the late nights, helping to keep an eye on mission objectives, and listening to me rant when players complain at me about their dice ;)

Who is this asshole who dared complain to YOU about his dice? :smt083

MinorKing
Lux Addict

Post by MinorKing » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:33 am

MissChaos wrote:Well done (D)evilteam!
:D
Thank you Devilwoman.

Preacherman
Semiholy Priest

Post by Preacherman » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:34 am

redrum wrote:I showed up a bunch of times to fine out team L was not playing.
Sorry redrum, this is true - I added you to the list!
General K wrote:Who is this asshole who dared complain to YOU about his dice?
∞ preacherman presents General K with a list ∞

:wink:

Yo Daddy
Raw Whore

df

Post by Yo Daddy » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:53 am

im not on the list :(

The
End

Post by The » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:55 am

Consolation trophy for 4th place ;). You know you want to.

Thank you for hosting it Preach, we really appreciate it.

Preacherman
Semiholy Priest

Post by Preacherman » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:58 am

Sorry Yo Daddy, I'll add you now. And yeah I'd love to The - your team were nail-bitingly close to a medal and it's a shame that the Bronze match was sudden death - you all played a great tournament. Unfortunately you'll have to make do with the Femur of Participation this year, but I look forward to seeing you next again ;)

newbeslaya
Slayer of Newbs

Post by newbeslaya » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:58 pm

hey preach, the rooster was never on our team, we thought we needed to add him but didnt because we played 2vs2. it should be yo daddy there instead of him cuz we thought we were gunna switch the two

i just happened to notice him on the list

Preacherman
Semiholy Priest

Post by Preacherman » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:06 pm

newbeslaya wrote:hey preach, the rooster was never on our team, we thought we needed to add him but didnt because we played 2vs2. it should be yo daddy there instead of him cuz we thought we were gunna switch the two

i just happened to notice him on the list
Okily dokily, I'll remove him - thanks!

Yo Daddy
Raw Whore

qwe

Post by Yo Daddy » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:49 pm

thank you kind sir :D

Preacherman
Semiholy Priest

Post by Preacherman » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:42 pm

I've gone ahead and awarded all the Skulls and Femurs where relevant, so check your awards pages - if I missed anyone let me know!

Cheers all, congratulations to the winners, and thanks for a great event! :smt023

MinorKing
Lux Addict

Post by MinorKing » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:45 pm

hoodie
Burning Man

Post by hoodie » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:50 pm

:smt044

Thanks again, Preach! Survivor is massive fun and you're a kickass host!

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:10 pm

Congrats to all the winners and participants.

Also, huge thanks to Preacherman for hosting such an excellent event. You :bang: like :lincoln: !

RandomGuy
Lux Veteran

Post by RandomGuy » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:18 pm

Preacherman wrote:Sorry Yo Daddy, I'll add you now. And yeah I'd love to The - your team were nail-bitingly close to a medal and it's a shame that the Bronze match was sudden death - you all played a great tournament. Unfortunately you'll have to make do with the Femur of Participation this year, but I look forward to seeing you next again ;)
Can't we at least get a Tibia too? ;)

We'll be back next year - revenge of the dreaded noobs who weren't really noobs, but did have the only player suspended from competition for steroids violations or something...

in any case, great job with the tourney. Congrats to all the winners - I had fun in all the games I participated in.

Cuarto
Lux Wunderkind

Post by Cuarto » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:46 pm

Thanks for host Preacherman! It was fun! Congrats to Team D and to my undefeated**** team! lol

Frost
alphabet soup

Post by Frost » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:10 pm

PIPC

Drifter
Semiholy Rambler
Location: An undisclosed location... for reasons of security, and therefore... insecurity...

Post by Drifter » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:14 am

WOO HOO! Two femur bones, I can walk now.

Thank you Brother Preach, I know it was hard staying up late, watching to see if missions were met, and answering countless questions, maybe next year you can get djävulkvinna to answer all questions while you run the tournament.

And congrats to the medal winners.

"Remember - nobody wins. But maybe - just maybe - you can lose the least." - Drifter

MissChaos
Hex Vixen

Post by MissChaos » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:23 am

Drifter wrote:
...maybe next year you can get djävulkvinna to answer all questions while you run the tournament.
So, you are assuming that my team will go out on that early stage even next year, and that I will have the time to answer all questions? NOT going to happen...! :twisted:

Scad
Lux Elder

Post by Scad » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:43 am

I think the multiple michelles can handle it...

MinorKing
Lux Addict

Post by MinorKing » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:43 am

Scad wrote:I think the multiple michelles can handle it...
I had a dream about this once ...