Suggestions for rule changes.

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.

Suggestions for rule changes.

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 21, 2003 1:24 pm

I suggest that the base number of armies awarded each round be
1 for eavery 3 countries held or 3 (whichever is greater). Currently
it is 3. This penalizes players for strategic defensive positions which enclose non coninent territories.

I also would like to see the card redemption rules match the game more closely. In most rules for Risk cards must be turned in immediately when the a player holds 5 or more. In this case, when an attacker defeats an enemy and takes cards, armies would earned and placed immediately before further attacks are resumed.

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:20 pm

The base number of armies given to each player is one for every three countries owned, with a minimum of 3. So I believe that your first request is already in place.

As for the cards, I shall add a preference option to force a card cash as soon as a player has five or more cards. It will appear in the next update.

peace,
dustin

enotadril
Lux Newbie

Bug in 2.32: cashing cards while atacking does not work...

Post by enotadril » Thu Jul 10, 2003 5:38 pm

Lux version 2.32.

When one defeats a player (and wins all its cards), it now seems possible to immediately cash some cards; at least, the "Cards" button becomes selectable.

However, if one selects this "Cards" button and then presses "Cash Set" there is no way to actually place the armies somewhere. The only option is to "fortify" in which case all armies will be lost...

Or am I missing something here...?

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Mon Jul 14, 2003 2:44 am

One of the things added in version 2.3 was the option (in the prefs window) to force a card cash as soon as a player had 5 or more cards.

Apparently a few bugs also crept in with this feature. I will try and kill them for the next version.