List of Dual Accounts or Same IP Teamers

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
SnyperEye
Anti-Holy Assgrabber

Post by SnyperEye » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:32 am

Ban Precious, I play more than she does. :wink:

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:07 am

Precious is cuter.

q.e.d.

Shockandawe
Lux Vigilante

Post by Shockandawe » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:15 pm

I unfortunately was stuck in a game with bountyhunter and sexy lady today. They finished 1 2 and were blatently teaming throughout. There was no chat between either of them which also leads me to be suspicious. After looking at bhs most common opponent SL has more than 100 games over the next person. In each game that was won by either of them it seems that the other finished 2nd or 3rd the majority of the time.

http://sillysoft.net/lux/rankings/oppon ... untyhunter

http://sillysoft.net/lux/rankings/versu ... exy%20Lady
Last edited by Shockandawe on Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nimrod7
Clown Prince

Post by nimrod7 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:16 pm

Maybe they use aim or some other online chatt?

Dave980
Luxer

Post by Dave980 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:28 pm

-NN-Grim wrote:This one might surprise you...

Mnemosyne--http://sillysoft.net/lux/rankings/user/Mnemosyne

and

Frank549 ( "I don't read english") ---http://sillysoft.net/lux/rankings/user/Frank549

What actually surprises me the most, is if they are really teaming that Frank has only been able to come up with a 20% win rate and Mnemosyne 24%. They need new team mates....

I have been hosting a fair amount lately, but never thought to look at the IP addresses. I will keep an eye out.

-NN-Grim
Luxidermy King

Post by -NN-Grim » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:03 pm

Well Frank and Mnemo have cut out alot of their gaming together.
in the last couple weeks since I made that post, they have only played a handful of games together, and those have been when Mnemo was hosting.

As far as Im concerned, things are all good with them.

3DA
Luxtopian

Post by 3DA » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:29 pm

-NN-Grim wrote:Mnemosyne -- and Frank549 ( "I don't read english") -
I seriously doubt Frank549 and Mnemosyne are in any way connected. I've played Frank a number of times in classic, and Mnemo has never been around, as far as I know. That one must have been some weird coincidence. Mnemosyne has always been cool as far as I've ever seen.
Shockandawe wrote:I unfortunately was stuck in a game with bountyhunter and sexy lady today. They finished 1 2 and were blatently teaming throughout.
Sexy Lady is a total nightmare. Rarely, if ever, have I seen this person play to win - especially lately. I've always been on Bounty's side, despite the fact that he pisses a lot of people off. I find it extremely difficult to believe that they are in cahoots. If anything, Bounty was probably just staying out of Sexy Lady's way so SL could ruin everyone else's game and he could take advantage of it. Sexy Lady is completely irrational: all bounty would have to do is make one move that SL thought was hostile and h/she would turn on bounty immediately.

My advice on this one is to never play with Sexy Lady again. That's what I'm doing.
supergood wrote:I've been hosting a few Rome games lately (love the map!)
Noooo! I can't believe it!

Who are you, and what have you done with Supergood?

-NN-Grim
Luxidermy King

Post by -NN-Grim » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:55 pm

3da. this isnt some coincidence. they play from the same IP most of the time, which means the very same location. Im not sure how I can make that any more clear.
I've covered it in plenty of detail already, so it's kind of a dead issue now... just something you should be aware of it you play both of them together.

Concerning the sexy lady / bounty hunter thing... I dont know them at all, but as I stated when starting this thread, unless you are a host or mod who can see player IPs, I would prefer this information not be posted here. Without IP confirmation all you are doing is basically guessing.
That's not what this thread is about.

3DA
Luxtopian

Post by 3DA » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:12 am

-NN-Grim wrote:3da. this isnt some coincidence. they play from the same IP most of the time, which means the very same location. Im not sure how I can make that any more clear.
Fair enough. You can see their IP's; I can't.
-NN-Grim wrote:Concerning the sexy lady / bounty hunter thing... I dont know them at all ...
In the case of Sexy Lady, you should consider yourself lucky. It takes a lot for me to speak out in public with any degree of negativity - but I have to call it like I see it. SL is completely irrational; if you value the game and want it to be fair, I encourage everyone to avoid that player.

Sorry to sabotage the thread: it's just something that had to be said.

-NN-Grim
Luxidermy King

New account for an old problem

Post by -NN-Grim » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:33 pm

This isn't exactly a dual IP, but I suppose it has potential for that.

Robin/ Lothar of the Hill people / Taxidriver is now playing under another account and hosting again also.

His new account name is Farmer

Since there were so many constant problems with him before, I thought it might be best to alert the community.

Pars
Lux Alliance Fan

Post by Pars » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:08 pm

supergood wrote:
I've been hosting a few Rome games lately (love the map!)...Rome needs cleaned up A LOT!
what do u have in mind?

supergood
Baby Mama

Post by supergood » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:11 pm

Pars wrote:
supergood wrote:
I've been hosting a few Rome games lately (love the map!)...Rome needs cleaned up A LOT!
what do u have in mind?
Well, it would probably take having Dustin or a mod spend a little time in some of the Rome rooms. Teaming is what I was referring to. And 3da I'm still Classic (well really Deux) at heart, don't worry : ). BTW - where are you?

nimrod7
Clown Prince

Post by nimrod7 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:14 pm

Pars wrote:
supergood wrote:
what do u have in mind?
supergood wrote:
Pars wrote:
supergood wrote:
what do u have in mind?
Well, it would probably take having Dustin or a mod spend a little time in some of the Rome rooms. Teaming is what I was referring to.
I believe that Snyperpie has done so.

supergood
Baby Mama

Post by supergood » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:23 pm

Nimrod7 wrote:
Pars wrote:
supergood wrote:
what do u have in mind?
supergood wrote:
Pars wrote: what do u have in mind?
Well, it would probably take having Dustin or a mod spend a little time in some of the Rome rooms. Teaming is what I was referring to.
I believe that Snyperpie has done so.
Silly Nimmers.../me hates sweeping!and laundry, and dishes, and vacuuming, and and and

nimrod7
Clown Prince

Post by nimrod7 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:25 pm

If sweeping doesn't work, how about this?

The Wontrob
Ninja Doughboy

Post by The Wontrob » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:38 pm

Nimrod7 wrote:Image
MIDNIGHT PRIMIERE IN IMAX THURSDAY NIGHT CAN'T FREAKIN WAIT

[/impatience]

Naraku
Lux Demon

Post by Naraku » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:53 pm

Lead Farmer & MikMikthegreat have the same ip. Either they are the same player or in the same house either way very blatant teaming. just fyi.

-NN-Grim
Luxidermy King

Post by -NN-Grim » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:46 am

SugarNSpice...http://sillysoft.net/lux/rankings/user/SugarNSpice

and

PickledPiper...http://sillysoft.net/lux/rankings/user/PickledPiper

share an IP also.

They claim they are BF/GF and I didn't notice any teaming with them, but intent of this thread was community awareness of dual IPs, so here they are.

Naraku
Lux Demon

Post by Naraku » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:04 am

Admini724 - http://sillysoft.net/lux/rankings/user/Admini724

PorcU - http://sillysoft.net/lux/rankings/user/PorcU

Both these players share the same ip, I asked them about it and they claim to just be friends who play the game from the same office or building. After reading Grim's last post thought it was worth mentioning as well.

Eice
Frozen One

Post by Eice » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:28 am

Eice sees the possibility for good in this topic ... more recent posts also suggest the possibility for witchhunts.

nimrod7
Clown Prince

Post by nimrod7 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:19 pm

Dave980
Luxer

Post by Dave980 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:35 pm

LordAsC
Lux Newbie

Not Acceptable

Post by LordAsC » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:53 am

I play Lux because it is fun and the community is great (for the most part). VAIN and I are a couple. And, as some couples do, we live together.

When I hear teaming, I think of two (or more) players pooling their resources. For example, strategic strikes. Alternatively, teaming can also include two players loosely supporting a unified strategy.

With that said, I definitely take issue with Dave's accusation. People who have played with us have yet to accuse us of teaming (even in games when we explicitly stated that we're a couple).

If you review the vs's page, you'll notice that the overwhelmingly majority of games are far less than full human games. And, you'll also notice the record is reasonably diverse enough that an inference of teaming is unsubstantiated.

I would also like to point out, that in the game. Dave did not accuse of teaming because of our gameplay. He did so after noticing that we had the same IP. Further, during the chat, he even explicitly stated that he wasn't accusing us of cheating/teaming, but rather was only pointing out that the same IP was suspicious. So, I find it somewhat disingenuous for him to post an accusation like this on the forum. Granted, he didn't write that we were teaming in his post. But, he also didn't seek to offer any clarifying information for his post, which is suggestive of teaming/cheating. So, I consider it an accusation.

As I stated, I play this game for amusement and for the community. I'm still relatively new, but I have played long enough to realize a few things: 1) it's not fun if everyone in the community hates you;
2) the game sucks when people cheat/team; and,
3) always make sure killing a someone for cards is actually worth it, haha.

I recognize that cheating with my boyfriend may help me win a game or two, but once we got busted it would ruin Luxing in the long run because of the backlash. This is in large part why I have been so sensitive to gameplay ever since he got me addicted to this cursed game, and why I am so concerned about Dave's baseless accusation.

With that said. I would like Dave to say that he saw us teaming during the game, or believed there was gameplay to suggest that we were teaming. Otherwise, he should clarify his post so as not to tarnish someone else's reputation without a legitimate reason.
Last edited by LordAsC on Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Wontrob
Ninja Doughboy

Post by The Wontrob » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:59 am

The thread, Lord, is meant merely to identify those people playing from the same location. The implication is not necessarily that these people are cheating, just a way of showing that there are certain circumstances. Dave did not mention here any accusation of cheating in any way, only that the two of you were playing from the same ip. I know of no one here who will assume the situation is meant to abuse the system until you actually use it to do so, which is extremely doubtful for someone so concerned about their reputation that they sign up for the forums to form a pre-emptive defense. You have nothing to worry about here, Lord. Welcome to the community.

Scad
Lux Elder

Post by Scad » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:46 am

I think I should note that even if you ARE teaming, LordAsC, you shouldn't be; your average placement goes DOWN in games with VAIN. She's no good for you, bro. =] Hers, on the other hand, shows a marked improvement with you around.

Dave980
Luxer

Post by Dave980 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:01 am

javascript:emoticon(':!:') *** CLARIFICATION ***javascript:emoticon(':!:')

I don't think that LordAsC and VAIN were teaming in the games I played with them last night. Their record of past games also does not suggest that they are teaming to me.

In fact i had no reason to even look at the IP's until LordAsC took Vain out and his parents marital status at his birth was questioned and he was informed he was not getting lucky that night.

In our chat afterwards, i thought that the optics of playing from the same IP are not good unless some sort of disclosure is made to the group. Had I thought about it more last night i would have suggested LordAsC should post here himself, or at least added a few more words to my original post. I will do so in the future.

As i said last night both LordAsC and VAIN are welcome to play in my room anytime.

nimrod7
Clown Prince

Post by nimrod7 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:51 am

Welcome to Lux Lord AsC.

Naraku
Lux Demon

Post by Naraku » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:06 am

I think lordAsC took issue with the way you just listed their names and their vs link with no other supporting or relevant information. If I see two players with duplicate ip's I try to ask them in a non offensive way what is their relationship to the other one. I also warn them not to team and that blatant "Ip Teaming" (which is the reason for this thread), is cheating and will not be tolerated on my host. I suspect that other hosts feel the same way. As LordAsC said in his post, "2) the game sucks when people cheat/team" . I have played both LordAsC & VAIN together and seperately. In my opinion, I don't think they are teaming. The link to the games were they are taking 1st, & 2nd together a lot of the time the games aren't fh. If they play bots first like most sane luxers then yes they will finish towards the top when there are 2-4 bots. As others have pointed out this thread isn't a place to burn luxers at the stake just make other hosts or players aware of Ip Teamers, and dual ip addresses. Please keep your posts factual, uncluttered with bias, and truthfully report the FACTS of the matter.
Thanks,
Naraku
Last edited by Naraku on Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LordAsC
Lux Newbie

Thanks All

Post by LordAsC » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:43 am

My primary concern was that people would just assume there was cheating/teaming going on. Accordingly, Naraku is spot on in noting that my initial issue was really with Dave posting the names and the vs's page without any clarifying information. I appreciate Dave's subsequent clarification post.

Many thanks to those on and off the forum for their supportive sentiments. My concerns about a backlash have been cleared up and I am glad I don't have to go on the lamb like a busted billionaire ponzi scheme manager.

Naraku
Lux Demon

Post by Naraku » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:00 pm

Leadfarmer Update :
He has now used 3 completly different ips (not slight differences) to enter my room and his little imaginary friend "tobeornotobe" (aka mikathegreat) had the same ip as he did. I tried to engage either of them in conversation and of course recieved no response.