AI Breakdown

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
LoudMusic
Luxer

AI Breakdown

Post by LoudMusic » Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:04 pm

I just finished a rather long game against 5 AI opponents. It was over 150 turns long (for each player). It got down to two AI and myself. I controlled a 2 country continent which they never had enough armies to even attack, and they fought over an eight country continent most of the time. There was one more large continent, 25 or so countries, that we were each chasing eachother around on gaining cards. At one point they had combined over 300 armies on thier warring continent and the next thing I knew they didn't have more than 20 each on the entire board. Is there something in the AI scripts that says when it gets to a point just attack like crazy and see what happens? Surely the algorithms didn't calculate a victory for that situation.

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:37 pm

All of the AIs have different behaviours, however many of them share certain characteristics. One thing that many of them share is a trigger that will cause them to attack everything as much as possible. Usually this happens when a single AI realizes that he has more armies then everyone else combined.

Shadow
Luxer

Post by Shadow » Sat Jan 24, 2004 4:33 pm

lol so thats why that comp owned me and I had all of the map except him and another human...ahhhhhhhh