First, you should check out this page about router and firewall setup: Lux and Vox Hosting Help. Usually the issue is opening up your 6619 port (or 3319 port for Alliance).
If you cannot figure it out from there, post here and someone will do their best to help you out. Cheers and happy luxing!
If you want to run a room without being there, here is a thread on how to run a headless host.
Once you have your host setup, here is some useful information on how to use your host properly:
Here is a list of chat commands and how to use some of them below:
- command — description of command's use — example command (action of command) — Notes
- /start — start a new game — As a host the /start command will restart with no restrictions, beware
- /desc <description> — change the description of a public networked game — /desc Welcome to Owned's Color Collusion
- /megamute <player> — mute this player for everyone — /megamute Owned
- /boot <player> — disconnect an inactive player or guest — /boot Owned
- /ban <player> — ban the IP address of an abusive guest — /ban Owned
- /clearban <player> — clear all banned IP addresses — /clearban Owned
- /maplock — Lock the game to this map (useful for Autoplay games)
- /map <map> — switch to the given map for the next game — /map Roman Empire II — You must input the exact map name, caps matter!!
- /setcards <card-string> — switch the card settings for the next game — /setcards 4681015 (cards will be set to 4,6,8,10,15...) & /setcards 5e10 (cards will be set to 5,10^10%) — The e is used for exponential card settings
- /setconts <cont-increase> — switch the continent settings for the next game — /setconts 10 (continent bonus will be set to 10% increase)
- /settime <seconds> — switch the timer for the next game — /settime 36 (time will be set to 36 seconds)
- /setrank <true|false> — switch the ranked setting for the next game — /setrank true
- /setauto <true|false> — switch autoplay mode to on or off — /setauto false
- /setshuffle <1,2,3,...> — set game order — /setshuffle 2 — sets game order to random, but winner stays /setshuffle 4 — sets game order to highest ranked (works only on weekends)
- /setsilent — turns off/on chat for everybody
- /set bio<1,2,3,...> — sets the level of biohazard for the game — /set bio3
- /set abortbotgames <true|false> — turn off bot only games — /set abortbotgames true
- /set noHumanSpeedup <true|false> — allows or disallows bots to speed up once all humans are eliminated — /set noHumanSpeedup true