Highest ranked hosts

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
mnemosyne
titaness

Re: Highest ranked hosts

Post by mnemosyne » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:30 pm

looks like motm and classic have switched to ranked, but i do not see any dedicated bio rooms set at ranked, and that's where all the action is (as per usual).

kitty on congratship is doing his best by kindly hosting a ranked bio room in the interim.

the bio e-3 also appears to be frozen (most of the day), so that may be part of it . . .

mooooar bits!

cheers, :beers

m

:catrun

kitty on catnip
Lux Elder

Post by kitty on catnip » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:54 pm

mnemosyne wrote:looks like motm and classic have switched to ranked, but i do not see any dedicated bio rooms set at ranked, and that's where all the action is (as per usual).

kitty on congratship is doing his best by kindly hosting a ranked bio room in the interim.

the bio e-3 also appears to be frozen (most of the day), so that may be part of it . . .

mooooar bits!

cheers, :beers

m

and why aren't you playing now? :(

nimrod7
Clown Prince

Post by nimrod7 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:38 pm

mnemosyne wrote:and when were we going to start playing again, your clownishness? haven't you heard; its all hands on deck time for lux! too bad there isn't a ranking system for the forums . . . you would easily be in the top 5 :smt110

/me honks nim's bulbous nose . . . :curtsey ty, tyvm!

m

You're welcome. :wink:

mnemosyne
titaness

Post by mnemosyne » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:30 am

all rooms on the tracker appear to be set on cycle currently (save one, which is on shuffle: bean's diadochi). this is not a promising development for sunday's chase prospects.

also, rooms have been crashing like crazy lately. not sure what the cause is for the uptick, just wanted to note that it seems to be happening with more frequency (even poor kitty, who is trying mightily this weekend to host a ranked room to cover the shortfall, is seeing his room crash). /me is having deja vu, and fearfs the ghost in the machine . . .

/me does nim a favor and proactively posts a :panic: on his behalf!

m

kitty on catnip
Lux Elder

Post by kitty on catnip » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:33 pm

mnemosyne wrote:all rooms on the tracker appear to be set on cycle currently (save one, which is on shuffle: bean's diadochi). this is not a promising development for sunday's chase prospects.

also, rooms have been crashing like crazy lately. not sure what the cause is for the uptick, just wanted to note that it seems to be happening with more frequency (even poor kitty, who is trying mightily this weekend to host a ranked room to cover the shortfall, is seeing his room crash). /me is having deja vu, and fearfs the ghost in the machine . . .

/me does nim a favor and proactively posts a :panic: on his behalf!

m

I'm going to host unranked until we get a FH going

kitty on catnip
Lux Elder

Post by kitty on catnip » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:49 pm

sillysoft just went down yet again, and my host locked up again. happened yesterday as well, but never before that.

kitty on catnip
Lux Elder

Post by kitty on catnip » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:59 pm

also some games 3 days ago didn't register, friday night maybe?

George874
Lux Surveyor

Post by George874 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:01 pm

This is totally Rediculous !!!!!!!!!!!!!
EVERY ONE OF SILLYSOFT'S ROOM CANNOT BE JOINED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I REALLY WISH OUR FEARLESS LEADER ( ABSENTEE LANDLORD ) WOULD SHOW UP ONCE IN A WHILE TO TAKE CARE OF HIS BUSINESS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL DAY,,,,,,,,,,,,,, HIS ROOMS ARE LOCKED

WHAT A SHAM .

mnemosyne
titaness

Post by mnemosyne » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:27 pm

the tracker also appears to not be working correctly (frozen, *nuked*, choose your metaphor). although it registers some games (e.g. kitty's host), it has incorrect information (e.g. the last full house game only showed 3 players, 1 of whom was not playing; current game with 4, but only shows 2 players, again with 1 of those people, rogue monk, not even playing). this feeling of deja vu grows deeper . . .

and as george notes, we cannot join most of sillysoft rooms, and when we can, they invariably crash.

/me sounds the alarm! :llama

m

George874
Lux Surveyor

Post by George874 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:16 pm

EVERYTHING IS A MESS .............. AND HE WANTS EVERYONE TO POST POSITIVE THINGS ABOUT SILLYSOFT

IT S A JOKE

DOLLABILLZ WAS RIGHT ON............. AND HE GETS BANNED FOR IT

kitty on catnip
Lux Elder

Post by kitty on catnip » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:23 pm

mnemosyne wrote:the tracker also appears to not be working correctly (frozen, *nuked*, choose your metaphor). although it registers some games (e.g. kitty's host), it has incorrect information (e.g. the last full house game only showed 3 players, 1 of whom was not playing; current game with 4, but only shows 2 players, again with 1 of those people, rogue monk, not even playing). this feeling of deja vu grows deeper . . .

and as george notes, we cannot join most of sillysoft rooms, and when we can, they invariably crash.

/me sounds the alarm! :llama

m

what deja vu?

And why are you posting pictures of my sprinting? Did I allow this?

Symbiosis
Lux Solicitor

Post by Symbiosis » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:25 pm

George it's your negativity which makes the servers stop working :smt028

George874
Lux Surveyor

Post by George874 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:39 pm

I CAN UNDERSTAND WHEN THE SITE GOES DOWN,,, THINGS HAPPEN ,,,,,,,,, BUT FOR THE OWNER OF THE BUSINESS NOT TO CHECK IN OR HAVE SOMEONE STABILIZE HIS SITE WHEN HE CANT BE HERE,,,,,,,,,,,, IS JUST IN EXCUSABLE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

AND THE SAID OWNER EXPECTS EVERYONE TO STATE THAT THIS GAME IS GREAT,,,, AND HE GOES ON HIS VACATIONS TO WHERE EVER,,,,,,,,

AGAIN,,,, ITS BACK TO THE SAME THING,,,,,,,,,,,, HE IS GONE AGAIN ,,, AND DOES NOT CARE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS GOING ON TWO DAM DAYS NOW ,,,,,,,,,,, SOMETHING SHOULD BE DONE,,,,,

Edited to tone down the lettering !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But, the KOOK still has not SHOWN UP.
Last edited by George874 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:56 pm

∞ TSK slides George a diazepam... or two ∞

Owned
Lux Veteran
Location: Lair of Bane watching Schro put Symbi into tight attire

Post by Owned » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:39 pm

I would think that two days without dustin would be easy to take considering his track record. But then again, I don't chase, so...

kitty on catnip
Lux Elder

Post by kitty on catnip » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:21 am

Hey George, could you use bigger font next time, I needed to get my glasses to read that

:lol:

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:06 am

Owned wrote:I would think that two days without dustin would be easy to take considering his track record. But then again, I don't chase, so...
In the recent past, there has always been someone else available to keep the lights on while dustin was away... be it for two days or two years. It's not unreasonable for dustin to have time off, but Lux needs continuity and reliability, especially right now, if it's going to move forward. I certainly don't chase either, but I do recognize that it's an integral part of Lux culture, and important to many players.

Time to find another surrogate?

AquaRegia
Lux Ambassador

Post by AquaRegia » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:21 am

Forget rooms crashing. Here's the important thing: George needs a forum time-out for egregious punctuation abuse.

Shockandawe
Lux Vigilante

Post by Shockandawe » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:24 am

Tell me.

How much are you paying Sillysoft a month to play Lux online?

kitty on catnip
Lux Elder

Post by kitty on catnip » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:44 am

Shockandawe wrote:Tell me.

You make a good point. I'm going to open up a restaurant and once the customers finally place their food and drink order, the food and drink will come out and at that moment their server is no longer obligated to continue their service. They will focus their attention on a new table, one that has not paid for their food and drinks yet.

I'll also host buffets on weekdays and when a certain food item is taken, I'll tell my kitchen staff to just let it be because the customers will simply choose something else off the buffet line to eat.

Rhye
Lux Crooner

Post by Rhye » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:23 pm

AquaRegia wrote:Forget rooms crashing. Here's the important thing: George needs a forum time-out for egregious punctuation abuse.
Can we throw Bean in the slammer for his excessive semicolons too?

Bean
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by Bean » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:23 pm

Bean likes his semicolons; they are useful and pretty. Me also likes being slammed.....

Shockandawe
Lux Vigilante

Post by Shockandawe » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:08 pm

kitty on catnip wrote:
Shockandawe wrote:Tell me.

You make a good point. I'm going to open up a restaurant and once the customers finally place their food and drink order, the food and drink will come out and at that moment their server is no longer obligated to continue their service. They will focus their attention on a new table, one that has not paid for their food and drinks yet.

I'll also host buffets on weekdays and when a certain food item is taken, I'll tell my kitchen staff to just let it be because the customers will simply choose something else off the buffet line to eat.
that analogy doesn't work even in the slightest. Have you never been to a restaurant?

Everyone has paid one time for a product. We have all received that product.

To get angry at a business who offers this service for free 24/7 is absolutely wrong. The entitlement is baffling.

Do you also shout in a starbucks when the wifi is down?

Naraku
Lux Demon

Post by Naraku » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:49 pm

Full registration gets you:
Unlimited games for a one-time fee.

Access to the hardest computer AIs (Reaper and BotOfDoom).

Access to over 900 different maps.

Play multi-player online games and compete in the rankings.

Order now for unlimited Lux Delux fun, satisfaction guaranteed!
Yes we all paid for it once but what did we buy it for? The broken online rankings & glitched Online hosts? How many breakdowns or F up's is 1 too many?

I'm really disappointed in lux right now; dustin use to be really great at running luxtopia & keeping everyone informed/entertained by listening to the community when it suites him to do so. For the past oh I don't know 4 years or so dustin has been very AWOL with little to no explanation or reason why the ONLINE GAMES are dwindling to a shadow of what they once were.... less than 1000 games in a week?

It's a shame to see Juevke leave over something so trival/minor. Maybe a pm b4 the ban next time G? /me shakes his head.
Where is the Castle's tournament? What dates? Times? Maps? Teams? Any information or just another tournament that never waz?

It's tragically depressing really...

:smt101

WHAT IN THE FUCK HAS HAPPENED TO LUXTOPIA?!?!

Well guess it's Gg's everyone & seeya on the flipsidez sometimes

NaraQ

WhirlPlaid
miSKAlaneous
Location: Habitual board flippers should have their dice taken away.

Post by WhirlPlaid » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:05 pm

Nar,

Proposed teams will be posted tonight along with a proposed schedule. There will be room for teams to make trades even though the mods have tried to keep the teams as evenly balanced as possible even though it means taking players from old teams and placing them on new teams.

Teams and schedules (proposed and open for debate) posted tonight.

guillerme
Lux Addict

Post by guillerme » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:38 pm

Naraku wrote:

It's a shame to see Juevke leave over something so trival/minor. Maybe a pm b4 the ban next time G?
Unfortunately, when I tried via pm (didn't try with juveke), didn't work. I've received answers like "what you think you are", "this is lux and the way is the retalation", "I never said nothing", " did you see that guillerme?!, make something or you are a decorated?!, " that player deserve to die first in every game", " Is a m*f*, and he is in my black list", "we don't need a mod, we are ok alone", and a long etc, etc...

Of course is not good for me give a ban to juveke, is not my brother, but I have a deep respect for him, for that reason I gave him only 3 days, when the natural is 7 or 14 days.

Is a bad position for a player, judge other players in the game or chat or forums, all players have his own truth and no one want to be 3 days out.

I am thinking in what to do from here to forward, about warnings. I am totally sure that for a long time I am not going to make another ban. Just kill between yourself, with bad words and all what the people want to say. But please if don't want a mod, moderating, don't ask for a mod.
I believe that when you have a police in each corner, something is bad.

People have to know how to moderate itself.
If every player come here just for enjoy and don't work for a better atmosphere, we are dead.
You can not change what you do not want to change.

/guillerme turn off the stalin mode.

Owned
Lux Veteran
Location: Lair of Bane watching Schro put Symbi into tight attire

Post by Owned » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:49 pm

Well if someone goes over the line with foul language or hate speech, then send them my way guillerme. I will have no problem banning someone for that kind of language. Sure it might happen often, but does that make it ok? Just remember there are players that do not want to see that foulness of mouth when they play and they shouldn't have to.

Pre-mod days, foul language was a major turn off. I would almost always leave a room when an outburst occurred. I didn't want to be subject to that sort of filth.

∞ Owned pats January's Mod of the Month on the back ∞

George874
Lux Surveyor

Post by George874 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:53 pm

Since guillerme turned his stalin mode off, I ask him to turn Tony ( scarface ) Montana mode ON !!!

:smt067 :smt067 :smt067 :smt068 :smt068 :smt071 :smt071 :smt067 :smt068 :smt071 :smt068 :smt067 :smt068 :smt071 :smt065 :smt065 :smt068 :smt067 :smt071

Bean
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by Bean » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:25 pm

:lol: YES George

Shockandawe
Lux Vigilante

Post by Shockandawe » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:40 pm

Again.

Ever bought a product that you didn't like?

What do you do?

You stop consuming it.