Boycott Bio!!!

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.

Do you intend to start boycotting bio?

Poll ended at Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:57 pm

1 - Yes, Bio is a fun map with good players, but currently not much fun for me.
4
29%
2 - No!!! I ♥ BIO!!!! pry it from my cold dead mouse!
2
14%
3 - Yes, bio is an awful map no matter who is playing it.
1
7%
4 - No Bio is A ok as it is!!!
5
36%
5 - I have already embraced this fantastic idea & have already been boycotting bio before these hipsters showed up!!!
2
14%
 
Total votes: 14

User avatar
dollabillz
Disinterested Hipster
Posts: 1578
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:34 am
Contact:

Re: Boycott Bio!!!

Post by dollabillz » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:34 pm

i don't play lux i'm just here to talk shit to hoodie and shock

User avatar
Dangerous Beans
oO0-0Oo-oO0-0Oo
Posts: 1125
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:15 pm
Location: SLEEPY (MICRO NATION OF)
Contact:

Re: Boycott Bio!!!

Post by Dangerous Beans » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:44 pm

Bean wrote: Had an old time 3 way fun end game with g4p and Dun just yesterday. There were like 7 rounds of it being in play. anyway, dolla is a great player; when we get to play with him?
Dunwhich is an asshat and a goober. Just so you know. No doubt 5 of those 7 rounds were due to Dunwhich's lack of knowing how to properly execute a game.

User avatar
kitty on catnip
Lux Elder
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:34 pm
Location: BACK IN THE FORUMS...
Contact:

Re: Boycott Bio!!!

Post by kitty on catnip » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:02 am

dolla is a total douche but that's why I love him :D

He's also incredibly fun to play with :D

User avatar
PJB
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator
Posts: 739
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:09 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Boycott Bio!!!

Post by PJB » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:29 am

Can u add option 5. ?

I already boycotted Bio.

(since 2008)

User avatar
Naraku
Lux Demon
Posts: 1521
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:37 pm

Re: Boycott Bio!!!

Post by Naraku » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:09 am

Done added an option 5 for you PJB. However when I did it reset the poll results which I wasn't expecting. So everyone please revote!!!! It was interesting to see what the community thinks/feels on this topic!

thanks! :D :smt109 :smt077

User avatar
PJB
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator
Posts: 739
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:09 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Boycott Bio!!!

Post by PJB » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:58 am

alrighty

User avatar
Bean
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator
Posts: 743
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:47 pm

Re: Boycott Bio!!!

Post by Bean » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:17 pm

Dangerous Beans wrote:
Bean wrote: Had an old time 3 way fun end game with g4p and Dun just yesterday. There were like 7 rounds of it being in play. anyway, dolla is a great player; when we get to play with him?
Dunwhich is an asshat and a goober. Just so you know. No doubt 5 of those 7 rounds were due to Dunwhich's lack of knowing how to properly execute a game.
He does alright for me as an opponent and friend. Sounds like you would have ended my fun early with your AIR-headedness and general gaseousness.

User avatar
Dangerous Beans
oO0-0Oo-oO0-0Oo
Posts: 1125
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:15 pm
Location: SLEEPY (MICRO NATION OF)
Contact:

Re: Boycott Bio!!!

Post by Dangerous Beans » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:14 am

:smt109

User avatar
kitty on catnip
Lux Elder
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:34 pm
Location: BACK IN THE FORUMS...
Contact:

Re: Boycott Bio!!!

Post by kitty on catnip » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:43 am

I demand a 6th option "Does Naraku need a calculator for his next Christmas or Birthday Present" :P

User avatar
plane crazy
Lux Corporate Pilot
Posts: 335
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 2:42 pm
Location: Plane crazy is where you want to be.

Re: Boycott Bio!!!

Post by plane crazy » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:33 pm

I :smt049 Bio.

Naraku, u sound like a Trump. Perhaps u should build a wall around Bio and make the bio players pay for it?

User avatar
Naraku
Lux Demon
Posts: 1521
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:37 pm

Re: Boycott Bio!!!

Post by Naraku » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:30 am

Hello Plane Crazy,

I understand that you love bio and so do many luxer who still play lux (as evidenced in the play and poll numbers!) It has been the dominate map for years on the tracker. My main point with this poll is to draw down bio from over 80% of all maps played a month to something more reasonable like maybe 45%? Classic, Roman Empire2, Bio deux, and MotW were once the pillars of lux. Now all but 1 of those has gone out.

I am trying to build bridges to other maps PC, not walls to separate bio from the rest of luxtopia. If you notice I haven't really been bashing the map or the players beyond mentioning the names of a few incredibly toxic players (imho) . If you Love bio, great play your brains out on it, but please consider that you might enjoy the occasional game of classic. Perhaps wander through the streets of Rome or maybe you'd like to crusade for a month long medal? Luxtopia is a fun/great game I just think or want there to be more options than 1 map for players to pick from when they log in.

When your all done in bio deux land come to Classic and have some fun! This week GK's been popping in along with a slew of other talented/great players in the host. Hold on to your hats and cards it's going to be a bumby ride! :smt077

To KoC: No I don't need a calculator for x-mas, I just need better dice than yours when I come to snatch your tasty yummy cards away from you! :twisted:

User avatar
kitty on catnip
Lux Elder
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:34 pm
Location: BACK IN THE FORUMS...
Contact:

Re: Boycott Bio!!!

Post by kitty on catnip » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:42 am

ok I am officially declaring my loyalty to the boycott.

Just had enough of the bio tards.

Lippet has 40 armies, has eu. Proceeds to kill me in scand and ME when I had 25 armies and cash was at 5. Lippet then double cashes for 5 and 10 - net loss of 10 armies while also having 1 card instead of 4. Lippet ends the turn with 1 card and 40 armies (doest even get to hold the scand/ME incomes) - Instead of ending the turn with 48 armies and 4 cards

Lippet then says he had no cash on 3 and needed to kill me

Meanwhile, RG was poised to take FE/Russia with a one def point chokehold - Lippet raises cash really high for RG to cash and with FE income, proceeds to lock down Russia - Lippet did not have the foresight to see that I was the one next to RG when RG had 5 in china

So Lippet makes a bio tard kill, proceeds to use bio tard reasoning while setting himself up for failure and allowing RG to take half the map.

This is what new players learn about the game - How to play like bio tards - to kill 25 + armies for a cash worth 5 - To not look at the board - To not think multiple turns ahead - Then to use bio tard reasoning to justify their bio tard actions.

Then Lippet showed the vs stats between he and I over 21 games where I actually won more games but he placed better - More bio tard reasoning with bio tard understanding of stat variance within a tiny data set.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

We gotta somehow fix this shit seriously. Lux has been ruined for 10 years because of bio tards.
Last edited by kitty on catnip on Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Big Will E Style
RAW Dogger
Posts: 2921
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:28 am
Location: Los Angeles, California

Re: Boycott Bio!!!

Post by Big Will E Style » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:51 am

I'm with Lippet and vote KOC.

User avatar
kitty on catnip
Lux Elder
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:34 pm
Location: BACK IN THE FORUMS...
Contact:

Re: Boycott Bio!!!

Post by kitty on catnip » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:54 am

Big Will E Style wrote:I'm with Lippet and vote KOC.
lol you weren't even there Will - And my above recount of the game was 100% accurate...lol

Nice try.

User avatar
Bean
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator
Posts: 743
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:47 pm

Re: Boycott Bio!!!

Post by Bean » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:01 am

What reasoning are you using in your theory that calling lippet names is going to be productive, kitty? sheesh

User avatar
kitty on catnip
Lux Elder
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:34 pm
Location: BACK IN THE FORUMS...
Contact:

Re: Boycott Bio!!!

Post by kitty on catnip » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:10 am

Bean wrote:What reasoning are you using in your theory that calling lippet names is going to be productive, kitty? sheesh
What makes you think I care about productivity? They are already in their bio tard mindset and nothing anyone says will change that mindset. They are lost causes. Even the worst classic players would realize killing 25 armies for a double cash of 5 and 10 and leaving yourself with 1 card instead of 4 is the most retarded thing you could possibly do in a game of lux. But in bio it's considered normal.

I do however believe new players learn from their environment.

User avatar
Bean
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator
Posts: 743
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:47 pm

Re: Boycott Bio!!!

Post by Bean » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:41 am

ok; well i don't know if the judgment was that bad; who won.? I have always been happy to see lippet or rich girl in any game room.
he may have just errored in reading the rich girl/chokepoint thing

sometimes the double play ends up with a run in instead of two outs.

User avatar
kitty on catnip
Lux Elder
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:34 pm
Location: BACK IN THE FORUMS...
Contact:

Re: Boycott Bio!!!

Post by kitty on catnip » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:09 pm

Bean wrote:ok; well i don't know if the judgment was that bad; who won.? I have always been happy to see lippet or rich girl in any game room.
he may have just errored in reading the rich girl/chokepoint thing

sometimes the double play ends up with a run in instead of two outs.
Lol, he ended his turn with 8 armies and 3 cards less than he would have had if he didn't make the play, also jacking the cash amount up for other players who all had 3 or 4 cards.

What is there about this that is confusing to judge?

The point is not to criticize Lippet who may in fact be one of the better bio players, but it is to point out that no matter how good you are within the bio crowd, you are still a bio tard and will remain a bio tard until you open your eyes and realize that you are only considered good within your own bio tard group.

And new players learn from within the bio tard group.

Lippet and RG cannot be compared. RG is not a bio tard. :wink:

User avatar
Shockandawe
Lux Vigilante
Posts: 2180
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:33 am
Location: In orbit around Kerbin.

Re: Boycott Bio!!!

Post by Shockandawe » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:53 pm

Or maybe people don't care and just want to play and have fun.

Regardless of what the high and mighty think of them.

User avatar
kitty on catnip
Lux Elder
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:34 pm
Location: BACK IN THE FORUMS...
Contact:

Re: Boycott Bio!!!

Post by kitty on catnip » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:19 pm

Shockandawe wrote:Or maybe people don't care and just want to play and have fun.

Regardless of what the high and mighty think of them.
Actually this just got me to realize something....

Maybe better players are better because we are careful to consider each action and how it might ruin another players game...

We are empathetic towards one another and our strategy is executed if we feel it will put us into a power position to win the game...and if we do not see a clear path to victory then we abstain from ruining another players game...

So far from being 'high and mighty' we are actually a sensitive and empathetic group. We want everyone to have a fair chance at winning but also know that in order to win, we must take players out of the game. But not in an unnecessary fashion.

'just wanting to play and have fun' are players that are not empathetic nor sensitive to one another and only care about their own fun in making plays that ruin other players games with no clear advantage to themselves.

I think I am onto something here...

User avatar
Bean
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator
Posts: 743
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:47 pm

Re: Boycott Bio!!!

Post by Bean » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:20 pm

presumably your ma warned you about FUN Shock.

User avatar
Shockandawe
Lux Vigilante
Posts: 2180
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:33 am
Location: In orbit around Kerbin.

Re: Boycott Bio!!!

Post by Shockandawe » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:46 pm

kitty on catnip wrote:
Shockandawe wrote:Or maybe people don't care and just want to play and have fun.

Regardless of what the high and mighty think of them.
Actually this just got me to realize something....

Maybe better players are better because we are careful to consider each action and how it might ruin another players game...

We are empathetic towards one another and our strategy is executed if we feel it will put us into a power position to win the game...and if we do not see a clear path to victory then we abstain from ruining another players game...

So far from being 'high and mighty' we are actually a sensitive and empathetic group. We want everyone to have a fair chance at winning but also know that in order to win, we must take players out of the game. But not in an unnecessary fashion.

'just wanting to play and have fun' are players that are not empathetic nor sensitive to one another and only care about their own fun in making plays that ruin other players games with no clear advantage to themselves.

I think I am onto something here...
Your last assumption is misguided. You assume that the moves they make are done with the intention to ruin another persons game when in fact that is the entire point to begin with. 1 person wins and 5 people have their games ruined. Every single time.

Losing with dignity in every situation does far more for one's character than winning ever will.

User avatar
Shockandawe
Lux Vigilante
Posts: 2180
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:33 am
Location: In orbit around Kerbin.

Re: Boycott Bio!!!

Post by Shockandawe » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:56 pm

I mean you aren't going to tell me that this viewtopic.php?f=27&t=26363 was created out of empathy and expect me to believe that.

User avatar
Dangerous Beans
oO0-0Oo-oO0-0Oo
Posts: 1125
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:15 pm
Location: SLEEPY (MICRO NATION OF)
Contact:

Re: Boycott Bio!!!

Post by Dangerous Beans » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:07 pm

Shockandawe wrote: Your last assumption is misguided. You assume that the moves they make are done with the intention to ruin another persons game when in fact that is the entire point to begin with. 1 person wins and 5 people have their games ruined. Every single time.
Not true at all. I have lost many games without having my game ruined by others, those are the losses you learn from and also learn to respect your opponents. Those are the games where you say GG and 100% mean it in the most sincere and honest way.

I can't recall ever feeling that way from a Bio game.

User avatar
kitty on catnip
Lux Elder
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:34 pm
Location: BACK IN THE FORUMS...
Contact:

Re: Boycott Bio!!!

Post by kitty on catnip » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:19 pm

Shockandawe wrote:Your last assumption is misguided. You assume that the moves they make are done with the intention to ruin another persons game.
I am more and more confident every time I read your posts that you are just trolling.

Where did I say their intention was to ruin another persons game?

You would be a good politician perhaps. Able to misquote and misinterpret arguments to prove your points.

User avatar
GFips
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator
Posts: 927
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:01 pm

Re: Boycott Bio!!!

Post by GFips » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:26 pm

I don't think it all just because of the bio map. It much depends on the players playing.

Yes, classic or other classic like maps need more strategy and skills to win, but Bio games without asshats can be fun too.
Just most asshats prefer to play in the bio rooms, so it is more likely to get asshated.

For sure the line between asshating and balancing income on maps with high incomes (like bio) is much thinner than on card-relevant maps like classic and probably the payers see this line different, so it is much more likely that you attack a player and "piss him off" because he expected something else. But usually there should be just an "sorry" and both should move on to the next games, but nowerdays people take it over several games and many days in the forum nowerdays. At the Moment i don't like bio at all, but we should not blame just the map - with great (*) players playing Bio can be real fun too! Just my 2 cents about it.

(+) great does not just mean only hi skilled players. It think of players who can handle others faults and still look forward to win the game and after a finished game they look forward and not back trying to win the next game.

Best example is Whirl: he is high skilled, but you cannot provoke a bad reaction in a game from him. How often did i suicid him by my worse play (not intentionally, but too slow, too stoopid, not paying enough Attention, ...), but he never got really mad (at least he did not let me know, lol). He accepted each apology and we did a great game afterwards again and could both have fun. And if he reall got mad he preferred to guest out. With players like Whirl also Bio can be great fun!

User avatar
Shockandawe
Lux Vigilante
Posts: 2180
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:33 am
Location: In orbit around Kerbin.

Re: Boycott Bio!!!

Post by Shockandawe » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:30 pm

kitty on catnip wrote:
Shockandawe wrote: 'just wanting to play and have fun' are players that are not empathetic nor sensitive to one another and only care about their own fun in making plays that ruin other players games with no clear advantage to themselves.
Right there. You are making the assumption that their moves are made so that they intentionally ruin everyone else's good time. It could be that they just aren't very skilled. Maybe that person doesn't have the want or time to spend to become a really good player.

It's not about accepting a loss when you choose to. It's about doing it every single time no matter the outcome.

When you lose your cool you end up with a whole bunch of yelling and shouting at each other and nothing ever actually gets accomplished. You end up right back where you started.
Last edited by Shockandawe on Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Shockandawe
Lux Vigilante
Posts: 2180
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:33 am
Location: In orbit around Kerbin.

Re: Boycott Bio!!!

Post by Shockandawe » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:30 pm

GFips wrote:I don't think it all just because of the bio map. It much depends on the players playing.

Yes, classic or other classic like maps need more strategy and skills to win, but Bio games without asshats can be fun too.
Just most asshats prefer to play in the bio rooms, so it is more likely to get asshated.

For sure the line between asshating and balancing income on maps with high incomes (like bio) is much thinner than on card-relevant maps like classic and probably the payers see this line different, so it is much more likely that you attack a player and "piss him off" because he expected something else. But usually there should be just an "sorry" and both should move on to the next games, but nowerdays people take it over several games and many days in the forum nowerdays. At the Moment i don't like bio at all, but we should not blame just the map - with great (*) players playing Bio can be real fun too! Just my 2 cents about it.

(+) great does not just mean only hi skilled players. It think of players who can handle others faults and still look forward to win the game and after a finished game they look forward and not back trying to win the next game.

Best example is Whirl: he is high skilled, but you cannot provoke a bad reaction in a game from him. How often did i suicid him by my worse play (not intentionally, but too slow, too stoopid, not paying enough Attention, ...), but he never got really mad (at least he did not let me know, lol). He accepted each apology and we did a great game afterwards again and could both have fun. And if he reall got mad he preferred to guest out. With players like Whirl also Bio can be great fun!
Spot. On.

User avatar
kitty on catnip
Lux Elder
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:34 pm
Location: BACK IN THE FORUMS...
Contact:

Re: Boycott Bio!!!

Post by kitty on catnip » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:35 pm

Shockandawe wrote:
kitty on catnip wrote:
Shockandawe wrote: 'just wanting to play and have fun' are players that are not empathetic nor sensitive to one another and only care about their own fun in making plays that ruin other players games with no clear advantage to themselves.
Right there. You are making the assumption that their moves are made so that they intentionally. It could be that they just aren't very good at it.

It's not about accepting a loss when you choose to. It's about doing it every single time no matter the outcome.

When you lose your cool you end up with a whole bunch of yelling and shouting at each other and nothing ever actually gets accomplished. You end up right back where you started.
This claim is to suggest that the players are making moves for fun without regard to other players - It isn't to suggest that their INTENTION is to ruin other players, but that their intention is VOID OF care or concern of ruining another players game.

Perhaps my wording threw you off.

User avatar
Shockandawe
Lux Vigilante
Posts: 2180
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:33 am
Location: In orbit around Kerbin.

Re: Boycott Bio!!!

Post by Shockandawe » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:37 pm

kitty on catnip wrote:
Shockandawe wrote:
kitty on catnip wrote:
Right there. You are making the assumption that their moves are made so that they intentionally. It could be that they just aren't very good at it.

It's not about accepting a loss when you choose to. It's about doing it every single time no matter the outcome.

When you lose your cool you end up with a whole bunch of yelling and shouting at each other and nothing ever actually gets accomplished. You end up right back where you started.
This claim is to suggest that the players are making moves for fun without regard to other players - It isn't to suggest that their INTENTION is to ruin other players, but that their intention is VOID OF care or concern of ruining another players game.

Perhaps my wording threw you off.
It's hard to convince someone to care about the emotions of text on a screen. Literally all anyone here is.

Post Reply