A warning too all!

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
kylecowgill

A warning too all!

Post by kylecowgill » Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:29 pm

How's it going yall? I wanted to declare something to all Lux players:

When playing with me, you know I put a lot of trust in the other human players to help me take out the bots first before humans. On MANY times, my pitiful trust has been betrayed resulting in bitter losses. May this happen no more!

Now if you DO sideswipe me to take out a continent, be fully aware that I will turn my attention from winning the game to killing you! A few of you have witnessed my displays of reckless abandon on those who harm me, so now I am making a declaration that this will be my policy from now on. If you take out a continent of mine before the bots are killed, or otherwise cripple me to an extent that I feel takes me out of the game, I will forego any pretense of winning and go on a quest for vengeance.

I will continue to play my 'trusting' game for a while longer unless everybody starts killing me right away. Then I will play more along the lines of striking everybody early.

Now I am done ranting. Yar!

Cameron
Luxer

uh yeah,

Post by Cameron » Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:36 pm

he'll sacrafice himself to make the rest of the game for you hell. I "crippled" him and he came with his big mob of armies and just "smashed" them into my big stack of armies. Kind of reckless evilness
Last edited by Cameron on Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:50 pm

First let it be said that everybody can play however they want. Follow your heart.

But ... I really fail to see the fun in always killing all the bots first. I mean, it would be terribly uncool if everyone ganged up on Canadians just because they were Canadian. Why is ganging up on bots any different? Humans already have a one-on-one advantage over computer players in the form of an oversized brain. Do you really have to extend that to ganging up? It's not like the bots gang up against the humans.

In fact, I often find it more fun when a bot is one of the last players left. Sometimes they will do some crazy unexpected things which spice up the game.

vonibot
Lux Addict

Post by vonibot » Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:06 am

dustin wrote:First let it be said that everybody can play however they want. Follow your heart.

But ... I really fail to see the fun in always killing all the bots first. I mean, it would be terribly uncool if everyone ganged up on Canadians just because they were Canadian. Why is ganging up on bots any different? Humans already have a one-on-one advantage over computer players in the form of an oversized brain. Do you really have to extend that to ganging up? It's not like the bots gang up against the humans.

In fact, I often find it more fun when a bot is one of the last players left. Sometimes they will do some crazy unexpected things which spice up the game.

Spoken like a true father.

::

Preacherman
Semiholy Priest
Location: Sweden (capital of Denmark, an island in Norway, southern Europe)

Post by Preacherman » Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:30 am

dustin wrote:It's not like the bots gang up against the humans.
Nefarious will when she is finished :twisted:

Kef
Lux Translator

Post by Kef » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:20 am

How she's going Preach?

Pol

Post by Pol » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:36 am

I'm kind of new to this, but I don't understand the "bots" first thing either.

When I play, I'm focused on survival - not killing bots first. I just don't see how its practical or fun.

Pol

shopi

Post by shopi » Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:44 pm

Just a quick note.

The bots first is just extremism and doesn't necessarily improve the quality of a game.

I usually prefer this : Kill humans last... As much as possible!
Because some people are so involved in ranking that I try to "save" it by killing them after bots.

Unfortunately, this lead in some way to this "kill the bots first".

It's bad for the game.
Play your game and don't whine.

Have fun, that's all a game is for.

shopi