Bring back MotW?

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.

Should Luxtopia bring back Map of the Week ~MotW~ ?

1 - Yes; this is an awesome idea!
42%
2 - No ; I enjoy Map of the Month as it is!
33%
3 - Maybe it should be changed to Map of the Fortnight `MotF' ? That would change every 2 weeks.
25%

Total votes: 12

Naraku
Lux Demon

Bring back MotW?

Post by Naraku » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:36 pm

Should they bring back the Map of the Week?
KittyonCatnip wrote: MOTW had a loyal following - We didn't really need the maps to be pretty and perfect - We just wanted more shit to click around on.

MOTM gives us less new shit to click around on.
The Map of the Week was a great fun tradition that should never have vanished!!! The golden Monkey must return!

the Golden Atlas is a niffty shinny gif but I have a lot of conquering to do to break GFips'es 'record' of what is it 80+ golden monkeys?

Only 61 more to go to reclaim the world record for most golden MotW monkeys!!!

BRING BACK THE MOTW!!!!!!

or perhaps change it to the Map of the Fortnight? Switch the maps every 2 weeks and give out a new shiney gif? nick name it the golden scooter maybe?

:scooter

p.s. could you also please restore the MotW champions display page please Lord of Luxtopia?
Last edited by Naraku on Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Re: Bring back MotW?

Post by The Silken Knot » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:15 pm

Reminder:

MOTW medals were not doled out on the basis of RAW, but on MOTW points based wins and number of players. So yes, an unscrupulous player could easily game the system with a flood of bogus 2-person games... if they were Speedy enough. Fortunately, most of Luxtopia's MOTWers are still more honorable than that.

:smt018

Bean
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by Bean » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:03 pm

I'm into it and don't really care about the method of ranking. It's easy to do. Dustin gave out some some rankings script earlier and I used it for my bio tournament in November. If y'all want to form a committee or just work together, I'll do part of the work by hosting it and making a thread with the leaderboard. TSK or Nara, maybe you can curate the map list and settings and let me know when you would like me to change over. I'll try to get someone to help me troubleshoot my new comp which has given me trouble on hosting headless. I can host not headless fine so it's not a real barrier to your getting your dream. It's easy. Let's do it. If you don't want me to help, just do it. So easy. :D Isn't it?

Naraku
Lux Demon

Post by Naraku » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:16 pm

Oh Bean you big ole tease. If I could do all this myself I would already have it all up and running.

I could provide new updated bling for the MotW scrolls and make the Golden Monkey more simian looking, tho... :trophy :llama :trophy

We could keep the same tally scoring system as it had in years past and the MotM currently uses.

Then we just need the MotW champion page restored to the rankings along with a corner carved out for the MotW standings on the rankings page plus the old MotW leaderboard. I'm also really okay with doing a MotF.

The Map list would be super fun to create and propose settings for the maps.

I'm game.

Who else wants in on the revive the MotW formation committee?

If I could host publicly again I would.

Bean
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by Bean » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:54 pm

ok; i'm in. you are right, we need a bling editor and once going we need to ask dustin to put in a rankings page, but we can keep a thread for that in the near term. give me the first map and i'll start putting it out there. I don't know how great an idea it is, since currently only one or two rooms can fill at most times. Adding another option might be fun though. Let's see.

kitty on catnip
Lux Elder

Post by kitty on catnip » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:02 pm

dustin wants to showcase the best maps which means MOTM is the new MOTW. :wink:

Naraku
Lux Demon

Post by Naraku » Sat May 28, 2016 9:23 am

Any chance dustin that you will bring back MotW? or are you just not interested in restoring lux to it's former glory or who knows even surpassing it with some wise decision making... :hmm:

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Mon May 30, 2016 2:25 pm

We're sticking with Map of the Month from here on out.

Naraku
Lux Demon

Post by Naraku » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:39 pm

Why?
Why stick with a bad idea when the original was much more fun and in luxtopia for years?

Map of the Month is a mess. They are rarely played compared to the MotW's. Leave the monthly medals for Rome & classic but please for the love of Lincoln & scooter BRING BACK THE MAP OF THE WEEK!!!!

Bring back the Golden Monkey's and let the players pick which maps they like best ( without an out of control Bonus for not playing the 3 staple maps. )

Any plans for any lux updates or any tournaments in the works mr. Quasar? Speaking of Tournaments where or what happened to the 2017 Castle's tournament? Who was responsible for hosting it this year? :panic: Can you or any other mod (like mods use to) host a survivorfest tournament or a Last Ninja? Where is Mentor when we need him?

PJB
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by PJB » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:32 am

Naraku wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:39 pm
Can you or any other mod (like mods use to) host a survivorfest tournament or a Last Ninja? Where is Mentor when we need him?
I might host the "Last Ninja tournament" this January or February. Unfortunately Mentor has been unreachable for a while now. I hope he is alright.