Discussion about Turtling

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
Symbiosis
Lux Solicitor

Re: Discussion about Turtling

Post by Symbiosis » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:53 pm

I agree with Aqua that the settings/incentives more or less determine the strategy. Bio maps create bottlenecks which make turtling safe easy and effective. Combine that with high income and you aren't really penalized much for not carding, troop count-wise.

Red Beard says that in ye olde days classic marathoned more than bio does now; para said just the opposite and he had access to the database. I don't have enough info to have an opinion that matters, but for what it's worth I've see classic (a game that depends on kills rather than income) marathon much less. Go figure.

GFips
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by GFips » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:09 am

Maybe we all can proof this by playing more classic and create a new actual statistic :-)
There will be a official sillysoft classic tournament the next two month :-)
I encourage you all to participate.

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:07 am

Symbiosis wrote:I agree with Aqua that the settings/incentives more or less determine the strategy. Bio maps create bottlenecks which make turtling safe easy and effective. Combine that with high income and you aren't really penalized much for not carding, troop count-wise.

Red Beard says that in ye olde days classic marathoned more than bio does now; para said just the opposite and he had access to the database. I don't have enough info to have an opinion that matters, but for what it's worth I've see classic (a game that depends on kills rather than income) marathon much less. Go figure.
Can't measure Classic for marathons as a whole. 5-5-5 marathongs a whole lot more the 4-6-8-10-15.....

Symbiosis
Lux Solicitor

Post by Symbiosis » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:30 am

n00less cluebie wrote:marathongs
The latest in distance running fashion :D

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:11 am

Red Beard
Beard of Plenty
Location: on the playground is where i spent most of my days, chillin' all nice and relaxing all cool and

Post by Red Beard » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:52 pm

Symbiosis wrote:I agree with Aqua that the settings/incentives more or less determine the strategy. Bio maps create bottlenecks which make turtling safe easy and effective. Combine that with high income and you aren't really penalized much for not carding, troop count-wise.

That very well may have been the case prior to the cards being tweeked, but I highly, highly doubt that it's the case now. Even if it is, marathons seem infrequent enough that it's a nonissue imo.