Outing paranoiarodeo

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
Llama LluxaLlot
Llux Lliaison

Re: Outing paranoiarodeo

Post by Llama LluxaLlot » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:46 pm

Hello Luxing community.

Paranoiarodeo has both requested mediation and broken the terms in less than 48 hours. He is sitting in game rooms, harassing players, chasing newbies out of hosts with is diatribes, and threatening all of Lluxtopia. Let me be clear. He is verbally threatening to take this place down. For those of you still listening to his propaganda and tracking it all over the carpet, know that this is the reality. There has been an unspoken rule here that one must not speak ill of paranoiarodeo because he has been permabanned and cannot speak for himself. The truth is he says we have never been rid of him and we never will. He watches everything. He reads everything. I say again that his positive contribution to this game and level of skill is legendary and is not Llikely to be matched. His tenacity and capacity for sabotage is also not Llikely to be matched. His tendency to communicate through destructive behavior predates his ban. It was a major reason for his permaban. I also tell you again that he has cyber stalked at least one regular player. This is not drama. This is not entertainment. This is not a joke. This man is verbally abusing players who come here to play a strategy game for 20 minutes to have fun or relax.

Dustin, understandably, has avoided posts such as this because they are unprofessional. He believes that behind the scenes should stay behind the scenes. That IS normally how business works. However para knows this and uses it. I am breaking the pattern. Permabanned Player. Leave. Do not come back. You are no longer a part of Lux. Leave. Be not part of Lux. If you are not all talk and attempt to sabotage Sillysoft property, legal action will be taken against you.

-Dustin Quasar Sacks
-Wording by Llama

Dangerous Beans
oO0-0Oo-oO0-0Oo

Post by Dangerous Beans » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:03 pm

:pop

dollabillz
Disinterested Hipster

Post by dollabillz » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:38 pm

This is the weirdest shit on the internet.

imapickle
is a pickle

Post by imapickle » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:52 pm

Llama LluxaLlot wrote:Hello Luxing community.

Paranoiarodeo has both requested mediation and broken the terms in less than 48 hours. He is sitting in game rooms, harassing players, chasing newbies out of hosts with is diatribes, and threatening all of Lluxtopia. Let me be clear. He is verbally threatening to take this place down. For those of you still listening to his propaganda and tracking it all over the carpet, know that this is the reality. There has been an unspoken rule here that one must not speak ill of paranoiarodeo because he has been permabanned and cannot speak for himself. The truth is he says we have never been rid of him and we never will. He watches everything. He reads everything. I say again that his positive contribution to this game and level of skill is legendary and is not Llikely to be matched. His tenacity and capacity for sabotage is also not Llikely to be matched. His tendency to communicate through destructive behavior predates his ban. It was a major reason for his permaban. I also tell you again that he has cyber stalked at least one regular player. This is not drama. This is not entertainment. This is not a joke. This man is verbally abusing players who come here to play a strategy game for 20 minutes to have fun or relax.

Dustin, understandably, has avoided posts such as this because they are unprofessional. He believes that behind the scenes should stay behind the scenes. That IS normally how business works. However para knows this and uses it. I am breaking the pattern. Permabanned Player. Leave. Do not come back. You are no longer a part of Lux. Leave. Be not part of Lux. If you are not all talk and attempt to sabotage Sillysoft property, legal action will be taken against you.

-Dustin Quasar Sacks
-Wording by Llama
Well said.
:smt023

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:07 pm

For the record, para is claiming that he was not home for the past few hours and was NOT online, nor in any game rooms. There are plenty of people here who would like to further incriminate him, so I ask if there is any proof (IP addresses etc) that it was in FACT him?

Big Will E Style
RAW Dogger

Post by Big Will E Style » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:08 pm

There is no incriminating, N00less. It's just asking him to move on.

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:25 pm

All I'm saying is that para is claiming that he is not "sitting in game rooms, harassing players, chasing newbies out of hosts with is diatribes, and threatening all of Lluxtopia."

If it turns out that it actually IS him, I'll feel personally hurt and embarrassed, but in the past few days, I've seen no less than 3 para impersonators / people being accused of being para from "paranoyarodeo" to "Daphne", who now people are saying is probably magpie. It's not inconceivable that someone else is trying to further ruin his reputation here. :smt102

Big Will E Style
RAW Dogger

Post by Big Will E Style » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:44 pm

I was in a room with him yesterday with Kitty, Hoodie and myself and I am positive it was him and we advised him to move on because it's what is best for both Lux and himself. I don't know about today, but I don't see what the incentive is for someone else to portray him. He has already been banned. What else would the impersonators want?

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:15 pm

Yes, please continue to advise him to move on. There are surely better uses of his time and talents. Para has crossed the line into abuse and hacking. If you see him pop back up, please use the /mute command to stop abuse, and the /report command to alert us.

kitty on catnip
Lux Elder

Post by kitty on catnip » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:03 pm

for the record, saying Daphne was magpie was totally a joke and should not be taken seriously

Symbiosis
Lux Solicitor

Post by Symbiosis » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:32 pm

Acrimony

Galactic Alliance
Lux Newbie

Post by Galactic Alliance » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:34 pm

Is paranoiarodeo the most prolific poster in the Lux forums?

kitty on catnip
Lux Elder

Post by kitty on catnip » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:10 pm

Galactic Alliance wrote:Is paranoiarodeo the most prolific poster in the Lux forums?
He has the most posts. Send a pm and find the list of members, you will find para above dustin in # of posts.

kitty on catnip
Lux Elder

Post by kitty on catnip » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:11 pm

dollabillz wrote:This is the weirdest shit on the internet.
dolla did you forget already......? :smt017

kitty on catnip
Lux Elder

Post by kitty on catnip » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:23 pm

Llama LluxaLlot wrote:There has been an unspoken rule here that one must not speak ill of paranoiarodeo because he has been permabanned and cannot speak for himself.
bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs bs

Anyone who backtracks their words needs to errrrrr....grow.....a...... :wall:

He is permabanned. This means he doesn't get the luxury to reply. It does not however mean we cannot speak about him. That's the most backwards logic I've ever heard.

He is declaring some pseudo respect bullshit by stating this. He can't reply. He won't reply. He can keep threatening me by saying he is going to post all the secret mod lounge conversations that were had about me in the past. If he is going to harass players and threaten players, then he sure as hell should be a big enough of a boy to not cry wolf when things are said about him that are not nice.

Oh and here's the mandatory "yeah he was a legend" that everyone seems to feel obligated to say.

Oh and para, if I am dead to you (your exact words), then stop joining my hosts to harass my players? Thanks.

Red Beard
Beard of Plenty
Location: on the playground is where i spent most of my days, chillin' all nice and relaxing all cool and

Post by Red Beard » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:04 am

Most of all, I think it's very sad that the situation has had to come to this to get the guy to let go. :smt009 Para, I know you read these forums and I would just like to say that these sort of actions are beneath you. You are better than this and should do better than this. Stop wasting your time here. You're a talented person and I KNOW there are myriad of ways that you could spend your time that you would find to be more fulfilling. This is my hope for you and this is the hope that we'd all here like for you to find in yourself.

Symbiosis
Lux Solicitor

Post by Symbiosis » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:34 am

I second what RB said, and I'm a lame-ass para fanboy

Bean
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by Bean » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:05 am

[praise.....]
[blame.....]
[regret.....]
[recruit.....where are all the hunter's keep fans?]

[meta: *bean works on word economy*]

[edit: just to reduce transparency]

jesterme
Lux Duck Lover

Post by jesterme » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:21 pm

I'll give para a call on his cell phone tomorrow and sort all of this out.

Baden
Lux Elder

Post by Baden » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:12 pm

Red Beard wrote:Most of all, I think it's very sad that the situation has had to come to this to get the guy to let go. :smt009 Para, I know you read these forums and I would just like to say that these sort of actions are beneath you. You are better than this and should do better than this. Stop wasting your time here. You're a talented person and I KNOW there are myriad of ways that you could spend your time that you would find to be more fulfilling. This is my hope for you and this is the hope that we'd all here like for you to find in yourself.
I second that. Para must have done kind of a full time job concernig LUX for over ten years now. I was retired when I started to play LUX but when I was as old as he is now I certainly would not have been able to play games so intensely. I had a profession, an enterprise to manage, wife and two kids to educate.

I might understand this extreme time invest if a solid career or earning money would be the result. But this is exactly what he has missed. If Para sums up his Lux-life was a shambles. I say that without spitefulness.

It is tragic. Para is really talented but not a social person. Whatever he will do in future: i fear it will end up in futile struggle sooner or later.

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:37 pm

Can we lock this thread? I don't see anything productive coming from this at all.

Llama LluxaLlot
Llux Lliaison

Post by Llama LluxaLlot » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:50 am

There is a very good reason for keeping this thread open. Banning para only works for about 5 minutes. The reality of people playing/ hosting with him in the room is much different than the reality in the forums. As my brief run as management I was asked by multiple people, including his friends to intervene. This thread has been turned by the community into an intervention to convince para to move on. That would be wonderful for everybody. If he does not move on it provides a single thread in which to vent about his "techniques" . I say this as a lay llama (skip the obvious joke) and on my own time. No more cult of silence on this subject

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:14 pm

(Interesting thread title.)

A number of people, who I believe paranoiarodeo actually respects, have made this suggestion to him numerous times with mixed reactions. Unfortunately, reading the analyses of other people in these fora puts him straight back into oppositional mode.

This is one of those very rare cases where I agree with n00less. The thread isn't being left open to benefit paranoiarodeo, or even to benefit Lux. It's useless for either of those purposes, as should be clear form the current state of affairs.

Baden
Lux Elder

Post by Baden » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:34 pm

Para should be treated fair but not much better than he treated others in the past.

If you dish it out, you have to be able to take it.

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:38 pm

Baden, you know I am very fond of you, and I value your opinions.

I think paranoiarodeo does dish it out and take it, and has for years. That is part of the problem. My position is that a thread like this is more likely to keep him around Lux as a thorn in the side than it is to actually encourage him to move on. He is too accustomed to forum "abuse" for it to drive him away. It seems more likely (and true based on what I've read of current events) to prolong his stay here.

Does that make sense?

Bean
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by Bean » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:44 pm

TSK, this does make sense to me. I just had to say that. :roll:

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:24 pm

The Silken Knot wrote:Baden, you know I am very fond of you, and I value your opinions.

I think paranoiarodeo does dish it out and take it, and has for years. That is part of the problem. My position is that a thread like this is more likely to keep him around Lux as a thorn in the side than it is to actually encourage him to move on. He is too accustomed to forum "abuse" for it to drive him away. It seems more likely (and true based on what I've read of current events) to prolong his stay here.

Does that make sense?
+1
Whodda thunk TSK and I would be on the same page :shock:

LL, I don't know what the answer is, but expecting a ten year relationship that ends badly to still end cleanly is probably not feasible. :smt102

Llama LluxaLlot
Llux Lliaison

Post by Llama LluxaLlot » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:37 pm

Eh

Para needed to be exposed in relation to a specific set of circumstances.

But "outing" is pretty much a one time deal. One does not become more "out" with repetition.

So long As players understand that they do NOT have to keep what para says to them a secret, and that they have a right not to be harassed I don't care much what happens now with this thread .

If it becomes a parabashing dance party it should be locked.

(Single person bashing dance parties should always be llocked.)

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:26 pm

This is not the first, or second, or tenth, thread with the same basic content and purpose. I am hoping to forestall even more posts (or threads) that may be cathartic for the posters, but have the opposite effect than is intended. Leaving a flogging thread open and ready? Prideful, not useful. IMO. Plus, obstinacy...

:smt077

Big Will E Style
RAW Dogger

Post by Big Will E Style » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:35 pm

:smt015 :smt015

i love that there is so much passion about a topic that is being paid attention to by about 7 people. Moving on...