Dustin - two questions...

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
RogueMonk
Lux Addict

Dustin - two questions...

Post by RogueMonk » Mon May 02, 2016 12:06 pm

Since my 30-day ban from the forums, I have been mulling some things over. I haven't been sure what to say or how to say it, and have reflected on it with an additional couple weeks of silence (apart from a brief presence in one odd thread). It seems to me--especially in talking with my lux colleagues--that the following two questions are at the heart of lux's current reality. This is not a "personal attack". It is a straightforward set of questions that I hope you can answer in a clear and straight-forward way....so we can all know where we ACTUALLY stand and where we WILL ACTUALLY stand in the next 3,6,12 months.

Two questions, Dustin:

1.) Why do you so fequently fail to follow-through in lux (whether in public or in private)?

2.) Do you recognize that your (perceived, at least,) management/leadership style of flipping between the extremes of laissez-faire absenteeism and non-consultive absoluteism is (one of??) the biggest reason for lux's current reality?

Shockandawe
Lux Vigilante

Re: Dustin - two questions...

Post by Shockandawe » Mon May 02, 2016 4:21 pm

what exactly has he failed to follow through on?

Symbiosis
Lux Solicitor

Post by Symbiosis » Mon May 02, 2016 7:43 pm

Why do we continue to tilt at windmills in the forums? Why do we continue to argue in the forums about problems which (1) are baked into the math of the game, and (2) were solved by para more than a year ago?

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Mon May 02, 2016 7:48 pm

RogueMonk wrote:1.) Why do you so fequently fail to follow-through in lux (whether in public or in private)?
I'm going to blame it on my chocolate addiction. :smt009
RogueMonk wrote:2.) Do you recognize that your (perceived, at least,) management/leadership style of flipping between the extremes of laissez-faire absenteeism and non-consultive absoluteism is (one of??) the biggest reason for lux's current reality?
Indeed, reality begets reality. Though our realities aren't necessarily the same. You seem to be stuck in a nasty place (at least bases on the reflection you show in these forums).

sillysoft, can you dig it?

You were suspended from the forums because pretty much all your posts were negative in tone or content, or both. This post of yours fits that bill. Your second question less so, but you lumped it together with the first one, and put it under a thread title that was directly personal. If you want to have a personal chat with me, PM me. If you want to have a useful discussion in these forums, start a thread with a single focus, give it a proper subject title, and try to focus on being constructive (like, for example, you could suggest solutions or approaches you'd like to see).

:llama

Owned
Lux Veteran
Location: Lair of Bane watching Schro put Symbi into tight attire

Post by Owned » Mon May 02, 2016 9:16 pm

dustin wrote:...try to focus on being constructive (like, for example, you could suggest solutions or approaches you'd like to see).
This is HUGE! At its core, when you criticize make sure it is constructive. It's a life lesson I still struggle with. (Sorry to swoop in on this thread)