megamute list

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
Naraku
Lux Demon

megamute list

Post by Naraku » Tue May 03, 2016 7:54 am

I think a lot of the problems of "negativity" could be solved with just this 1 simple invention.
when a player mutes another player they would be added to a blocked list that would follow the player from host to host. I get so tired of typing /mute _________ <----- fill in with any number of assorted awful azzhats here! :smt013
along with all their aliases and other sn's so they can't keep switching sn's to get around your muting of them.

Instead of megamuting anyone; players would individually be able to set who they don't see in the chat. Some of the vile filithy garbage that vomits itself onto my screen against my will is horrendous. I'm sure I could search and find some fittingly long but apt german word for it... :P (Weltschmerztorschlusspanik maybe?)

Maybe kind of like the "foe" feature of the forums where you don't see the posts of anyone on that list. :panic:

insanity I know! but with the sparse mod sightings in the forums and games these days it would be great if we could at least keep the really Fugly players from polluting our monitors with trash.

thanX

:llama

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Re: megamute list

Post by dustin » Tue May 03, 2016 4:11 pm

hmm, this is an interesting idea. It would take some re-organization of Lux. Right now the room host stores who has muted who. In order for it to carry across rooms, it would have to be stored in the database probably.

Naraku
Lux Demon

Re: megamute list

Post by Naraku » Thu May 05, 2016 7:49 am

couldn't you just make a megamute or blocked list that is centered in each indvidual lux application? with the list stored inside of your lux gui app? :?:
similar to how the "record book" tracks all the stats you've ever played with that version of lux. :!:
Just wondering...
would be super helpful imho.

Do you need help coding it? I guess I could whip something up just for me... :smt077