Silent Bio

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
Bean
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Silent Bio

Post by Bean » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:14 am

It was funny to see Mr Martini report the "silent bio" room, as if it were some sneaky thing someone did. Check it out and see if you like it. I sort of miss the friendly banter, but not that much. That nice warm dish is frequently served with some cold sticky old mess. I don't miss the omnipresent lobbying, nagging, theorizing, etc. I feel free of the need to dish out rebukes and taunts to novices. What a relief! :roll:

Bean
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Re: Silent Bio

Post by Bean » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:02 pm

I hypothesize that there will be an initial popular preference for non-silent rooms (say 3 to 1), but that anger and frustration will steadily drive customers to peace and quiet. Constraints on that dynamic might include difficulty moderating and trouble avoiding disorientation as players can't abide not being able to use diplomacy and rhetoric. There could be interesting divergence among surprising subgroups and characters. What of the habitual whiner (in shopi's terms)? What of the red herring? What of the impertinent rhetorical question or other trolling discourse? So exciting!

imapickle
is a pickle

Post by imapickle » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:01 pm

Shh.

mnemosyne
titaness

Post by mnemosyne » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:56 pm

best thing you have done in years, bean! i have been lobbying for this for a long time (b/c let's face it, table talk in risk was never cool). now get out there and hunt some deer! your supplemental holiday fund awaits!

m

:catrun

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:10 pm

Nice move!

:smt058