Unexpected Quiting with OS X 10.2.6

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
skyfisher@mac.com

Unexpected Quiting with OS X 10.2.6

Post by skyfisher@mac.com » Wed Sep 10, 2003 4:58 pm

I'm experiencing occasional Unexpected Quiting of Lux. This is unusual on my systems. They normally do this only rarely. But is is fairly common with Lux.

Most annoying while in a middle of a game. It also seems to mess up a series of games but not recording them if it unexpectedly quits before you end the game.

Anyone else see this behavior? Any recommendations.

Skyfisher

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Wed Sep 10, 2003 5:25 pm

In my experience Lux will sometimes crash when the Player Info window is open. I'm working as hard as possible to try and fix this problem. I just submitted a bug report with a test case on this problem to Apple today, and hopefully I will be able to find a workaround.

If you are experiencing any crashes that happen when the Player Info window is not open then it would be helpful if you could email me the console log (lux@sillysoft.net). To see the log open the /Applications/Utilities/Console application.

peace,
dustin

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:26 pm

Lux version 3.2 has been released. It improves stability while the player info window is open by a bunch. There are still occasional crashes, but it always happens in Apple's code, so I can't totally eliminate them until Apple fixes some bugs.