Feature Req

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
cdwise86

Feature Req

Post by cdwise86 » Mon Oct 06, 2003 1:28 pm

ok, how about having numbers on the score bar thing @ the bottom? and mebbe even 3 score bars, for each option (armies, countries, income) with an icon, like a soldier for the armies, a blob for countries, and then a soldier with, idk, a sparkle for income? (new soldier has a sparkle cause its new.... hehehe) just a req. love the game. im addicted.

cdwise86

Post by cdwise86 » Mon Oct 06, 2003 1:37 pm

forgot to add this- how about a player option that allows for a spot to be open to network players, and its just closed if a player doesnt fill it? that way you can have a minimum number of AI players (say, you had you and 3 AI's), but if 5 network players join, more than just 3 can play?

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:54 pm

I think that adding any of that stuff in the bottom-bar would really clutter things up. You can see the exact numbers for all those stats by opening the Player Info window.

I like your second suggestion better.

cdwise86
Lux Newbie

Post by cdwise86 » Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:18 pm

ah, the player window. i had not seen this! thanks. i have a suggestion- hook up with macaddict and put lux onto a macaddict disc- i have found many a shareware game on those, including the greatest shareware game ever, escape velocity (ambrosiasw.com/games/ev). Lux is second in my list of great shareware games.

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:06 pm

thanks for your support.

As Lux has gotten better I have been getting some requests to add it to shareware disks and I always say yes. Macaddict hasn't been one of them.

I have been planning to contact as many mac magazines and ask for reviews and stuff. I wanted Lux to be 100% bug free when I do this though.

cdwise86
Lux Newbie

Post by cdwise86 » Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:09 pm

good call. another feat. req- how about customizable victory messages? for the player- that way when a human wins, especially in a network game, everyone can see a real victory message instead of a random (and often cheesy, though sometimes to the point of hilarity) message?