Feature request: easy-access toggles for army movement opts

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
dave_mcmillen
Lux Newbie

Feature request: easy-access toggles for army movement opts

Post by dave_mcmillen » Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:45 pm

Hi, I've just registered Lux, and I'm really enjoying it! One thing that would make it much easier to play would be a toggle, right in the game window or nearby, allowing me to choose the army movement style (move all vs move manually) and combat mode (once/until X deaths/until dead). It's annoying to have to open the Preferences to change these, and I find I need to do it a few times each game, since moving all armies isn't always appropriate, but doing it manually is a bit of a pain when it's not needed.

A couple of other questions I can't seem to resolve from the documentation:

- Is there a shortcut for placing 5 or 10 armies at once? (If not, that's another feature request: perhaps option-click or Apple-click or Ctrl-click could mean placing different numbers of armies?)

- How do I find out how many extra armies the "continents" are worth in randomly-generated game boards? In "Classic Risk" I can remember from playing the actual game, but for other boards I'm never sure how much a continent is worth, and thus I don't know how much to risk (so to speak) to get it.

But these are all minor things: overall, a great game! Thanks for developing it!

Cheers,
Dave

ThirdParty
Luxer

Post by ThirdParty » Thu Oct 09, 2003 7:34 pm

Deploying Armies:
  • CMD = 5 armies
  • OPT = 10 armies
  • SHFT = all armies
Attacking:
  • CMD = attacks Until Dead if setting is Once or Until X Deaths, attacks once if setting is Until Dead (I would prefer it to attack Once instead of Until Dead if setting is Until X Deaths, but oh well.)
  • SHFT = attacks Moving All if setting is Move Manually, attacks Moving Manually if setting is Move All.
"Show Continets" gives continent values and is under the Board menu.

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Fri Oct 10, 2003 12:30 am

Thank you to ThirdParty for listing the mod keys. They can also be seen in the release notes available under the Help menu from inside Lux.

dave_mcmillen
Lux Newbie

Post by dave_mcmillen » Fri Oct 10, 2003 7:24 am

Well, don't I feel foolish . . . :) Thanks for the information!