Attack Preferences

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
ThirdParty
Luxer

Attack Preferences

Post by ThirdParty » Thu Oct 23, 2003 4:11 pm

I think that holding down the command key should always cause it to jump to "attack once" unless it's set to "attack once" (it's common for strategic situations to demand more control than usual; it's weird for them to demand less control than usual). Currently it does an "attack all" unless "attack all" is selected, which makes use of the "attack till x deaths" preference inconvenient (since sometimes one has to open preferences and change it).

Also, I'd like an "atttack till win or lose" option. This would attack until either: (a) I have won the attack; or (b) in order to continue the attack, I would be forced to use fewer dice than I started out using. Often I would prefer to stop attacking when/if my odds per attack drop below their initial level.

(In short, I want both features: I want to be able to attack until win or lose when I just click, and to attack once when I command click.)

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Sun Oct 26, 2003 12:24 pm

I agree that the command key should always switch it to "attack once". I'll make that happen.

I think that with a good combination of attack once and attack till X deaths it makes an "attack till win or lose" kind of unnecessary. So unless more people request it I don't think it will happen.