SAGA OF SEAS - Baltic Sea

Lux maps won't make themselves.
Wizargond
Luxer

SAGA OF SEAS - Baltic Sea

Post by Wizargond » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:23 pm

Baltic Sea just got released, so I hope luxers wil like it.

I always appreciate comments about it. :lol:

ThirdParty
Luxer

Post by ThirdParty » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:41 pm

Hi Wizz --

I've been really enjoying this map. (I don't play Lux multiplayer, but I do play free-for-alls against enemy AIs. Sorry for the late comments; I only downloaded this map a month or so ago.) It's pretty, seems fairly geographically accurate, and has about the right number of countries and continents for my taste.

I especially like the mix of small, easily-defended continents with larger, higher-income ones: it's fun for each player to have a reliable source of income, but nevertheless be fighting over territory that really matters; and it's also fun to think not just about what continents are valuable in themselves but also about which ones can be used as stepping stones to others.

Two criticisms:

1. I wish that there were better graphical indications of which continents some of the small islands (especially Ostrov Moshchnyy and Runhu) are associated with, and reminding me that I need those islands to conquer the continents in question.

2. It feels like the northwest corner of the map (Sweden, Stockholm, the Åland islands, and Gotland) is too powerful. It's fairly easy to conquer initially (especially in scenario mode, but also with random starts), has lots of income, has fairly easily defended chokepoints as well viable fallback positions if invaded, and can typically win a fight with anyone trying to establish themselves in the northeast.

-- Evan Williams, creator of The Rise of Islam, Texas, the brand new Thirty Years War, and several awful maps that predate the editor.

Wizargond
Luxer

Post by Wizargond » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:57 am

Hi Thirdparty,

Thanks for your comments and criticism ;) As said previously, it's always appreciated. I'm pleased that you like the map and got into the details about it.

I might fix those "issues" later in time, as I didn't have much time for Lux Delux recently. Did you try other SAGA OF SEAS maps that I made since you played Baltic Sea ?