The Great War - Revised

Lux maps won't make themselves.
Naraku
Lux Demon

The Great War - Revised

Post by Naraku » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:39 pm

I submitted this map to the map lab many moons ago, I have emailed or pm'd both Dustin & Mbauer about the MIA status of my latest map. Neither have replied. In chat a vague promise to "look in to it." from dustin & as usual not a damn thing happens. I would think that with all the other "fun" optimized maps being churned out that 1 of the 2 of you could just hit release. Is it even in the betamaps? I haven't bothered to check yet. What about the new map badges for newly released maps for player rankings pages?

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Re: The Great War - Revised

Post by dustin » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:34 pm

You have a THE GREAT WAR map already in the plugin manager. If you want to update it, you can do so easily, as an update, no approval needed.

I'm not sure why this should be a new map, when it's a revised version of your existing one.

Naraku
Lux Demon

Post by Naraku » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:53 pm

There is a 'Hot gates 2' isn't there? I hate to remove the original version as I liked it as is. I also think this map is nifty also & wanted it released without completely erasing the original like with Hot Gates 1. :panic:

Naraku
Lux Demon

Post by Naraku » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:48 pm

when will my revised version of "the Great war" be released?
I am not "updating" or wallpapering over my previous version.
This map is based off of my original map but is an alternative take just like Hot Gates 2 or the second Tyre map was.
Have you looked at or played the new REVISED version yet Dustin? :smt096

Naraku
Lux Demon

Post by Naraku » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:58 am

I also would point to both of my ravenloft maps. Why is this taking so long to be released? Why are you being obtuse about this map being a seperate map? Did mbauers keyboard die ? He indicated to me that it was ready & then stopped replying way back in May.

Naraku
Lux Demon

Post by Naraku » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:08 pm

dustin: if you are revising a map, then revise the map and update it

There are MULTIPLE VERSIONS of Hot Gates, Tyre, Usa Warzone, Ravenloft to name a few off the top of my head that have near identical or very similar borders yet they all have their own SEPERATE map. I am not revising this map in the traditional sense & I am not going to update it to wall paper over my previous OTHER map called " The Great War ". If your only objection to it is the name then, I propose renaming it to WW1 map instead of the current title I gave it.