Mafia VI - Game Thread

Of the people, by the people, for the people, for whatevs.
Big Will E Style
RAW Dogger

Post by Big Will E Style » Fri May 30, 2008 8:50 pm

so if a Yakuza is mafia/innocent and his team wins but Yakuza loses, he wins again? So Yakuza have two ways to win technically?

westsidekilla6
Luxer

Post by westsidekilla6 » Fri May 30, 2008 8:51 pm

I think.

RandomGuy
Lux Veteran

Post by RandomGuy » Fri May 30, 2008 9:12 pm

Yakuza only win with the Yakuza. They are only "acting" as innocents or mafia or whatever. If they survive, but don't outnumber the winning team, they lose. So they have to play their role, and stay alive, while not letting either the "real" mafia or innocents get too strong.

Big Will E Style
RAW Dogger

Post by Big Will E Style » Fri May 30, 2008 9:33 pm

interesting. Now I see why kef has so many votes.

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Fri May 30, 2008 9:52 pm

Big Will E Style wrote:I don't really understand why Kef has 5 votes? What for again?
Big Will E Style wrote:interesting. Now I see why kef has so many votes.
Will you had zero problem killing West as someone has to die.

So....... the obvious question is why do you now defend Kef not once but twice?

The logical conclusion is either

1) Kef is innocent and yakuza with you

or

2) Kef is mafia and you are either mafia or innocent yakuza with him

or

3) you are the Sheriff and checked Kef and found him to be innocent

I think #3 is highly unlikely so if I live the night my next vote is for you.

Mafia you should consider that if either Kef or Will are your fellow mafia but not both than they are likley to be yakuza in which case they are as big a threat to you as to us innocents.

Big Will E Style
RAW Dogger

Post by Big Will E Style » Fri May 30, 2008 10:06 pm

Which means you're probably Yakuza Mud............

I just found it interesting 6 people want Kef dead......for disagreeing with someone's theory?

My reason for wanting Westside dead is the fact he adds nothing but suspicion to our team. Same logic as before. if he dies and is mafia, good for us....if he is innocent, then we didn't lose much. And like you said someone has to die.

Big Will E Style
RAW Dogger

Post by Big Will E Style » Fri May 30, 2008 10:16 pm

I change my vote to Mud

I think you are Yakuza.

here are my reasons.

You want the Doctor to come forward, therefore only protecting himself and being worthless.

You are one of 6 votes for a guy. If Kef was Yakuza, do you think he'd have 6 votes for him?

Your strategy has completely changed from the past games.

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Fri May 30, 2008 10:32 pm

Will, you presume a lot about my strategy I have only ever had one round in the last two games to display it before I was killed off.

In any case my strategy must be different than the first game where my entire basis was that the sheriff and deputy knew who each other was.

Also I am still not sure how to approach the whole yakuza thing since we will basically be in the dark until the very end other than to examine the relationships such as with you and kef.

Big Will E Style
RAW Dogger

Post by Big Will E Style » Fri May 30, 2008 11:03 pm

Well I am not Yakuza. I didn't even know what it was until YOU and RandomGuy and Nooless explained it.........

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Fri May 30, 2008 11:09 pm

So two posts to save kef?

Big Will E Style
RAW Dogger

Post by Big Will E Style » Fri May 30, 2008 11:13 pm

to save him? I just wondered why so many people voted for someone. 6 votes because he questioned your theory? That seems odd to me.

I questioned it once.

And realized why he had so many votes when the Yakuza was explained.

Kef can die (not in real life) for all I care. I just wanted the 6 people who splurged to kill them to explain themselves a little more. So we could decipher who is and who isn't mafia. And who is and who isn't Yakuza. Basically this game is setup for one of those 2 to win. And if we just vote someone off (like Kef) for something so little, one of these two groups WILL win. I guarantee it.

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Fri May 30, 2008 11:24 pm

My "theory" is to get some real information on the table for the innocents. We will lose without any facts.

I have to wonder if you are just throwing him to the wolves to save yourself now.

Big Will E Style
RAW Dogger

Post by Big Will E Style » Fri May 30, 2008 11:29 pm

throwing him to the wolves? My vote still lies with you Mud.

Goten6456
Lux Cowboy

Post by Goten6456 » Sat May 31, 2008 3:08 am

I'll just vote for enjoymoreradio because he voted for me. I'm number 13 though, suspicious :shock:

*Manimal
Lux Cutie Pet

Post by *Manimal » Sat May 31, 2008 10:12 pm

I'm not sure if this has been asked, but can the godfather be *edit*Yakuza*edit*? Your description implies that he cannot...

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:14 am

A clarification:

As for voting for Kef, I did it because Scad voted for him, and Scad claims to be a pacifist. If Scad is telling the truth, then I know that Scad is not protecting Mafia members. So there's a CHANCE that Kef is Mafia, (albeit not a great one) as opposed to a MAFIA members vote who would DEFINITELY be an innocent, and thus have 0% chance of killing a Mafia member.

As for the Yakuza, I suggested the insertion of the role to keep the game balanced. If it looks like the Mafia is going to win too quickly, or if the Innocents are going to win too quickly, it is in the Yakuza's best interests to help the losing side balance the odds. I don't think we set limits on what roles the Yakuza could or could not have, so I think it's legal for a Yakuza to be innocent/pacifist/doctor/sheriff/mafia/depute/vigilante/ or even the Godfather. Depending on what roles the Yakuza managed to infiltrate will determine how much power they have. If they managed to get a Mafia member and an innocent member, they will have secret information on the identity of ALL THE MAFIA MEMBERS. This they may be able to secretly use to kill the rest of the Mafia (but not too quickly, as otherwise, the Innocents would still outnumber the Yakuza, and the Yakuza lose) By the same Token, if the Yakuza managed to infiltrate an innocent role like Sheriff, they may eventually be able to determine ALL of the Innocent roles, and secretly get the Mafia to off the Innocent roles if it looks like the Innocents are going to win.

What I like about them is that they are given no special powers except their own cunning and knowledge, and for them to win should prove quite difficult, but hopefully it should make the game a little more interesting....

RandomGuy
Lux Veteran

Post by RandomGuy » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:03 am

n00less is correct. There is no restriction on what roles a Yakuza may be.

DAY 1 COMPLETE

Vote Tally:
Big Will E Style: Mud
charle215: Mike
Daq: Kef
Drifter: MAW1028
enjoymoreradio: Goten6456
Enokrad: Mud
Goten6456: enjoymoreradio
Grozoth: Mud
Kef: westsidekilla6
*Manimal: Daq
MAW1028: *Manimal
Mike: charle215
Mud: Kef
n00less cluebie: Kef
Packman: Preacherman
Preacherman: westsidekilla6
Scad: Kef
Shockandawe: Kef
westsidekilla6: Kef

Totals:
Kef - 6 votes
Mud - 3 votes
westsidekilla6 - 2 votes
charle215 - 1 vote
Daq - 1 vote
enjoymoreradio - 1 vote
Goten6456 - 1 vote
*Manimal - 1 vote
MAW1028 - 1 vote
Mike - 1 vote
Preacherman - 1 vote

Game Results
Night 1: Odelay was shot by the mafia. Odelay was INNOCENT.
Day 1: Kef was lynched by an angry mob of Luxtopians. Kef was INNOCENT.

It is now NIGHT. Mafia, Doctor, Sheriff, Vigilante - send my your names.

Starman
Chronic HoBo

Post by Starman » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:56 pm

Just pointing out that everyone who who voted for Kef can not be trusted and should be regarded as such!

Kef
Lux Translator

Post by Kef » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:13 pm

*ghastly voice* You shall join me soon enough westside

Starman
Chronic HoBo

Post by Starman » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:36 pm

Not that nobody likes him but he voted for you and you voted for him. So it seems like westsidekiller is a safe bet for next round.

Preacherman
Semiholy Priest
Location: Sweden (capital of Denmark, an island in Norway, southern Europe)

Post by Preacherman » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:58 pm

Let's not make this personal guys, even if you are kidding :)

Anyone else think that the back and forth between mud and Big Will on the last page was quite interesting? :shock:

Mike
Lux Townie

Post by Mike » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:19 pm

Preacherman wrote:Let's not make this personal guys, even if you are kidding :)

Anyone else think that the back and forth between mud and Big Will on the last page was quite interesting? :shock:
I think it is interesting - at least it is better than everyone just waiting around, although I don't know how fruitful it is (could be more fruitful than I realize, because the whole Yakuza thing is new to me) -

With that being said, I think that it is still too early to tell - unless the sherrif comes forward, and let's the doc know who he is (sherrif come forward only if you have useful info) then I think we just have to wait for some real info - but I am glad that people are posting, i think this game has promise to be interesting... oh and Yeah - at least we got the whole 'killing Kef early' thing out of the way - good job guys ;)

Scad
Lux Elder

Post by Scad » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:10 pm

:smt015

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:04 am

Geez....Looks like some y'all must be taking some Ambien what with all the POSTING IN YOUR SLEEP!

RandomGuy
Lux Veteran

Post by RandomGuy » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:17 pm

Night 2 complete

"Hello caller, and welcome to 'Up All Night' - I'm your late night DJ enjoymoreradio. What would you like to talk about?"

"I think someone is following me!"

"What? First of all, who is this?"

"This is Mud! There is definitely someone behind me. I don't know who it is and it's freaking me out."

"Shouldn't you call the sheriff or the deputy?"

"There was no answer at the police station! They must be out investigating something...You were the only one I knew would be up! I need help!"

"Well, perhaps you should..."

"What? Who are you! Why are you...NO! I'm INNOCENT! I swear!"

(the sound of gunshots over the phone...)

"Well, folks, that sure was a strange call. Hopefully the sheriff was listening in. Well, enjoy this next tune: 'Katana' by the Black Popes"

enjoymoreradio steps out of the DJ booth and dials the police station on his cell phone.

"Calling someone, EMR?"

enjoymoreradio spun around in time to face 4 mafia suits. "Your shift is over!" Four bullets sealed his fate. As EMR collapsed, his cell phone slid across the floor, ringing on the other end...before the Godfather stomped on it.

Game Results
Night 1: Odelay was shot by the mafia. Odelay was INNOCENT.
Day 1: Kef was lynched by an angry mob of Luxtopians. Kef was INNOCENT.
Night 2: enjoymoreradio was shot by the mafia. enjoymoreradio was INNOCENT.
Night 2: Mud was shot by the vigilante. Mud was INNOCENT.

It is now DAY. Everyone votes for suspected mafia.

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:30 pm

Hmmm....First of all, we're not going to find out if anyone is Yakuza until the end of the game, so if the Vigilante felt that Mud was one trying to get some more info, we're still in the dark.

Well, we've confirmed 2 more innocents at the cost of their death (I'm including potential Yakuza in the term 'innocent' since there's no good way to determine either)

So thus EMR and Mud's votes were probably not 'tricks' to get us to avoid voting for Mafia members. Mud voted for Kef, and he's dead, so there's nothing we can do about that. EMR and Goten voted for each other. And Goten's vote isn't very suspicious:
Goten6456 wrote:I'll just vote for enjoymoreradio because he voted for me. I'm number 13 though, suspicious :shock:
Did the Sheriff investigate/contact you Scad? Do you have any information you'd like to share with the rest of us?

Big Will E Style
RAW Dogger

Post by Big Will E Style » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:37 pm

Personally,

I think we're getting a little carried away with the Yakuza, while ignoring the mafia. We have no way to find out who is Yakuza, but can only go off suspicion and hope if we're voting off innocents, that they're at least yakuza. But we need our Sheriff to be more proactive in telling us (or at least people he trusts) a little information.

I don't know if Kef or Mud were Yakuza. But I am guessing one or the other were. So hopefully we have at least of them gone to get back to concentrating on Mafia members.

Preacherman
Semiholy Priest
Location: Sweden (capital of Denmark, an island in Norway, southern Europe)

Post by Preacherman » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:32 pm

Well, considering we have to vote, I am going with my gut on this one. I had it in my head on the last page that either mud or Big Will were mafia, and mud is now a dead innocent (granted, not due to Big Will but still)...seems strange to me that he's been involved just before mud died and just before Kef died.

I smell Yakuza, and I apologise in advance if I'm wrong Big Will.

I vote Big Will E Style.

Scad
Lux Elder

Post by Scad » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:54 pm

I have not (yet) been contacted by anyone; I'll let you know if I have been.

Starman
Chronic HoBo

Post by Starman » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:06 pm

I vote for Scad. Since he hasn't been contacted I believe that the sheriff has already contacted the pacifist and thus Scad must be lying. These Mafia members are getting wising every day and know to lie to cover themselves!

Scad here's looking at you bud.