signups mess extracted

Of the people, by the people, for the people, for whatevs.
hoodie
Burning Man

Re: signups mess extracted

Post by hoodie » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:28 pm

:panic: Will brought up his opinions in a thread that he just saw for the first time! It's the worst thing that has ever happened here! :panic:

By the way, the suggested way of letting something die is not responding to it, rather than telling someone how wrong it is that they brought it up. That actually just turns it into a relevant conversation again.

guillerme
Lux Addict

Post by guillerme » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:48 pm

Friends, personal issues have nothing to do here, I ask you please just discuss about the game.
We all have our truth, defend it without falling into abuse.
Thanks in advance.
:smt023

Drifter
Semiholy Rambler
Location: An undisclosed location... for reasons of security, and therefore... insecurity...

Oh the irony...

Post by Drifter » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:01 pm

hoodie wrote:Well, you win. I'm taking a break because of you. I wasn't going to come out and say it, but hell, why not.

You've got a thumb on your scales, and I'm calling you on it.

Goodbye, and good luck to everyone who is trying to build this place back. I'll visit at some point.
Looks like TSK claimed yet another victim...

The Silken Knot wrote:I abhor hypocrisy and bullying. If you look at my years of posts, you'll see that that theme hasn't changed. Not one bit.
That's rich! Tell me another, cause that one gave me a good laugh. :D

(Sorry to come in late but I just now read it all)

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:25 pm

I'll let you finish reading then. Perhaps you'll be more on point after catching up.

Spoiler: hoodie was just crying wolf (or pseudo-lamb, I guess). He's signed up for Castles. If you're going to dredge up "deleted" posts from two weeks ago, it might be a good idea to read what's currently happening before responding online.

History: Two actual players made snide remarks at the beginning of the sign-up thread. I then made a post asking that the thread be left for signups, not politics. (It's cleverly hidden in Bean's rewrite, but you can still see it partially quoted in nimmy's post.) Following post? hoodie, saying he would sign up "as a big fuck you". But he's hoodie, so that wasn't rude, or disruptive to the sign-up thread. Right?

:smt077

hoodie
Burning Man

Post by hoodie » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:58 pm

I signed up for castles because if I left, you were actually getting what you wanted.

I was rude in retaliation for people who were being downright destructive. You defended their right to be destructive (behavior which ended up in a forum ban) but when I relented from my rudeness, you still never called them on their destructive behavior. As I said a bunch of times, you weren't acting in a moderate role; you were making space for your friends who were behaving in a destructive manner. I came back because I didn't want that destructive manner to win. I want to build this place up, as the community deserves.

By the way, I was deeply disturbed by our argument. I was wondering if I *WAS* being blind. Did a lot of reflecting on that. Then I talked to multiple people who I really really respect and hold dear. Seems I'm not the only person who has run into issues with you. I'm entirely convinced I wasn't that far out of line. I shouldn't have cursed, but if that's the biggest sin around here, we're doing great.

Anyways, I don't like when you re-interpret what I do for your own ends. I was out. And I came back because I care more about this place than about my pride. A bunch of people - both friends and people I barely knew - wrote a lot of meaningful notes. I'm not turning my back on good people. That's not who I am.

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:22 am

Hi hoodie,

I don't know where you're getting this. My signup thread post was before yours- I'm pretty sure you didn't miss it- and it was very clear about trying to keep the Castles signup thread clear of dross, so the tournament might stand a chance. Your followup was rude and aggressive and I didn't let it pass, just like I didn't let Rogue or dolla's posts in that thread pass. It was in no way intended to keep you, or anyone, from signing up- quite the reverse. You reverting to Lux politics in that thread, when there were many other places available to scratch that itch, was no more helpful than either of the preceding bits of snark.

I'm delighted that you were able to sign up for Castles, and I wish you the best of luck. Lux could use more players, tournament or non-tournament.

TSK

hoodie
Burning Man

Post by hoodie » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:33 am

RIP, horse. :deadhorse
(and that was the one where I deleted the non-constructive insults. get creative and you might get close to what I'm really thinking)

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:50 am

I, like everyone else here, can only read what's written (and emoted). The freeform interpretation is where the trouble begins. Take a simple "enjoy the tournament" for what it's worth. No hidden agenda, whatever your "sources" may tell you.

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:27 am

Players are welcome to take personal issues to PM. I recommend you Hug it Out™. We prefer that public discussions be at least in tangent to game play.