USA Presidential Election

Of the people, by the people, for the people, for whatevs.

Who should be the next pres?

Hillary Clinton
28%
Bernie Sanders
46%
Donald Trump
15%
Ted Cruz
3%
Marcio Rubio
No votes
Jeb Bush
No votes
Ben Carson
3%
John Kasich
5%

Total votes: 39

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Re: USA Presidential Election

Post by dustin » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:41 pm

Dangerous Beans
oO0-0Oo-oO0-0Oo

Post by Dangerous Beans » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:31 am

Darn hippies. :smt028

jesterme
Lux Duck Lover

Post by jesterme » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:22 pm

Naraku wrote:You forgot to add in Michael Bloomberg as it is very likely he will launch a 3rd party bid

plus there are a handful of small 3rd party candidates on the ballot for the libertarian, green & other parties.
might want to retract that?

sasquatch
Semiholy Beast

Post by sasquatch » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:34 pm

:smt083

Big Will E Style
RAW Dogger

Post by Big Will E Style » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:13 pm

So two men who have a plan to wreck our country...one of his supporters hates hugs and the others' supporters love hugs.

Maybe we should find someone who has supporters who are neutral towards hugging.

P.S. I could probably make a video where I show one side doing one thing and another side doing the other too.

P.P.S. I think Bernie Sanders is a good guy and think Donald Trump is a horrible person. But I also won't vote for either of them.

Naraku
Lux Demon

Post by Naraku » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:59 pm

can she feel the Bern's yet?

reply 2 TSK's article link -------> Panama papers could hand Sanders the keys to the White House! :lol: :llama :globe

camaro
Lux Demon

Post by camaro » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:40 pm

Naraku
Lux Demon

Post by Naraku » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:53 am

Panama Papers reveal Clinton kremlin connection

Tick tock H.C. time is up I think, but who knows the Clintons have survived many many scandals over the years...

Naraku
Lux Demon

Post by Naraku » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:51 pm

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:38 pm

Sanders' odds of becoming the Democratic candidate due to an FBI investigation of HRC is roughly on par with Paul Ryan becoming the Republican candidate on the fourth ballot in Cleveland. That is: a happy fantasy.

There just aren't enough delegates remaining in the Democratic proportional system for Bernie to get a majority unless he convinces SuperDelegates to vote AGAINST the majority and go for him. Unlikely

Naraku
Lux Demon

Post by Naraku » Fri May 13, 2016 5:07 am

Latest Clinton Scandal

"The investigation by the Daily Caller News Foundation has uncovered a disturbing pattern of the Clintons’ raising money for the Clinton Foundation from regimes that have checkered records on human rights and that aren’t always operating in the best interests of the U.S. By the way, the $100 million we mentioned above doesn’t appear to include another $30 million given to the Clintons by two Mideast-based foundations and four billionaire Saudis."

May the gods look kindly upon us if we elect either of the 2 "frontrunners" to lead the USA

Do you really want to sell the presidency to the highest foreign bidder?

Or maybe we'll be treated to even more fantastic scandals greater than the last Clinton President?

If she is elected a lot of "investigations" vanish and she would have the power to pardon or let mega rich people buy them again ala Marc Rich (He received a controversial presidential pardon from U.S. President Bill Clinton on January 20, 2001, Clinton's last day in office)
Last edited by Naraku on Sun May 15, 2016 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Fri May 13, 2016 7:47 am

So what's your viable alternative to Trump and Clinton?

Shockandawe
Lux Vigilante

Post by Shockandawe » Fri May 13, 2016 11:55 am

At least you know what you're getting with Trump even if you despise it.

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Fri May 13, 2016 12:20 pm

Not true Shock; just because he's not afraid to say whatever he wants DOES NOT MEAN that he's being honest!

These are two COMPLETELY UNRELATED charafteristics that people conflate. the only thing we know for sure is that he doesn't mind offending people, be it his opponents or minorities or women or the Media or whatnot

Naraku
Lux Demon

Post by Naraku » Sun May 15, 2016 7:11 am

This is one weak nominee

Well there is still an alternative to the scandal prone Clinton's trying to regain the white house.
Read the entire article but here is my favorite paragraph or two ...

Look no further than the 2000 election, when another policy-wonk Democrat with little charm or charisma—Al Gore—failed to ride his impressive credentials to the White House. Gore, a two-term vice president with prior lengthy service in both the Senate and House, lost to an anti-intellectual GOP opponent with no Washington experience. Sound familiar?

Many Democrats are having difficulty accepting the fact that Clinton, despite her résumé, is a weak politician. In this state of denial, their defense of Clinton becomes aggressive, as they lash out at Bernie Sanders for staying in the race, implying that Clinton has earned the right to glide to the finish line unopposed.

Is Trump's wall going to made in China? or made in Mexico?
He flip flops or "changes his mind" entirely to much for my liking.

Maybe we'll be really lucky and the democrats wake up in time and pick Sanders. If not maybe we'll be really lucky and he'll still run as an independent! :P

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Sun May 15, 2016 7:48 am

Let's be clear here:

Sanders has about as much chance of clinching the nomination as you do of winning the Powerball, and if he ran as an independent, it'd virtually guarantee Donald Trump would win the election, as the majority of people who would vote for Sanders would come from the democratic party

Naraku
Lux Demon

Post by Naraku » Sun May 29, 2016 4:20 am

The latter result is more in line with Gallup polling in 2010 that found that 31% of Americans identified as Democrats (tying a 22-year low), 29% as Republicans, and 38% as independents. Nevertheless, more American independents leaned to the Republican Party when compared to the Democratic Party. Combining leaners with each party's core identifiers, the parties ended up tied at 45 percent in 2011

If there is a 3rd party independent candidate (lets just hypothetically say it's Sanders) they would % wise have a larger share of the voters and if any intelligent democrats or republican voters could be convinced to vote for the best candidate running I think Sanders could win without the democratic party and with just the support of the voters who have out fundraised the party machine so far. Trump will be a disaster as president and Hillary Rodham-Clinton would just continue to support the status quo of the policies in place. America needs radical smart progressive change and policies not more lies and illusions.
:hmm:

Wouldn't it be wonderful to see 1 debate with Clinton vs Trump vs Bernie? hehehe :llama

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Sun May 29, 2016 7:05 am

That might work if the independent were MODERATE compared with the other two candidates, instead Bernie is to the LEFT of Hillary which means the vast majority of Bernie voters would come from likely democrats resulting in a likely Trump sweep of the Electoral college even without a majority of the popular vote. Ralph Nader gave us 8 years of George W. Bush and he was nowhere near as popular as Bernie.

If Bernie does not come out 100% behind HRC the chance of Trump: The Presidency (The Greatest of ALL Presidencies) becomes almost a given.

But don't take my word for it:
The Bern wrote:"If we were serious about winning this election, which is always my intention from day one, I thought we could and I hope that we will. I had to do it within the Democratic primary caucus process," he said.

"What I did not want to do is run as a third party candidate, take votes away from the Democratic candidate and help elect some right-wing Republican. I did not want responsibility for that. So what I said at the beginning of the campaign is that I was not going to run as an independent. And I say it now, that if I do not win this process I will not run as an independent."

Shockandawe
Lux Vigilante

Post by Shockandawe » Mon May 30, 2016 1:51 am

I don't know.

If he was really behind the democratic party he would have dropped out at this point.

The longer he stays in the race the greater a wedge he will drive between his supporters and hillary's.

Naraku
Lux Demon

Post by Naraku » Mon May 30, 2016 10:00 am

Fine you evil, evil, KLOWN ruin my fantasies of competent and smart candidates running for and actually having a chance at winning the white house... :evil:

I am a Bernie or bust supporter for now. I will NOT vote for Trump and I really can't see myself voting for Ms. Rodham. So even IF Sanders loses the democratic nomination and decides not to run I will not be voting for R(ethuglican) or D(umbocratic) presidential candidates.

Which will then lead me to research and vet the 3rd party candidates further. So far leaning Libertarian towards Gary Johnson.
I really hope he has the chance to attend any future debates with the other two people running for the office. Would be great if the media could REPORT NEWS instead of infotainment for a change!
:lincoln: :llama :twisted: :llama

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Mon May 30, 2016 12:04 pm

I've been leaning towards Johnson myself, as a moderate who sometimes finds republican positions closer to my own (usually foreign policy) and democratic positions closer other times (usually domestic)

However I truly don't understand Bernie or Bust'ers. If you really feel a Liberal, then not voting for HRC is really shooting yourself in the face as the differences between her and Trump are pretty damn wide....

sasquatch
Semiholy Beast

Post by sasquatch » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:02 pm

n00less cluebie wrote:However I truly don't understand Bernie or Bust'ers. If you really feel a Liberal, then not voting for HRC is really shooting yourself in the face as the differences between her and Trump are pretty damn wide....
Shaming people for voting for a candidate who isn't going to be a "winner" is exactly why we still have a two party system (and why Johnson and Stein get no air time). Voters can vote for whoever they want. It's time to abolish the whole "don't you want to vote for the winner?" attitude entirely, IMO.

:llama

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:44 pm

I'm not saying don't vote for who you want, but if you're a liberal who supports Bernie, why would you vote for a more right wing Johnson than someone closer to your own ideology like HRC, or worse, once your candidate drops out deciding not to vote at ALL.

The reason we have the two party system is not due to people shaming others for "throwing away votes" but rather due to the very nature of "First Passed the Post" election system that we have.

My question is how someone with Bernie #1 wouldn't choose Hillary #2 out of a list including Johnson and Trump. I can understand someone who supported Kasich or Rubio or even Cruz putting Johnson #2 on their list but I don't see how you go from the Far Left to a moderate completely bypassing the candidate closer to your ideology.

I was similarly confused when Jeb Bush voters (snigger) switched to Cruz after he dropped out....

Note: this is not an endorsement of HRC.

sasquatch
Semiholy Beast

Post by sasquatch » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:49 pm

Like Obama, Hillary is definitely liberal on social issues. It's the other costly issues that are more concerning... support of wars, big banks, trade agreements, etc. I think that is why you are seeing the divergence that you explained. I don't doubt that her experience as Secretary of State has led to the support of these unpopular expenditures, but that leads voters to question her loyalty. Is she for the people or for the one percent?

Shockandawe
Lux Vigilante

Post by Shockandawe » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:40 am

Bernie has made a lot of unrealistic promises that people have fully bought in to. They've put so much effort into backing the one candidate that voting for anyone else is a failure.

There is no #2 for many Bernie supporters far as I can tell.

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:43 am

So Bernie supporters HONESTLY believe that there's no real difference between HRC and DT?!

Shockandawe
Lux Vigilante

Post by Shockandawe » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:55 am

n00less cluebie wrote:So Bernie supporters HONESTLY believe that there's no real difference between HRC and DT?!
It's not that they think there is no difference between the two. I think it's that they don't care that there are other candidates. They are fully invested in Bernie and that's it.

Shockandawe
Lux Vigilante

Post by Shockandawe » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:58 pm

http://gawker.com/protestors-and-suppor ... 1780263011

...and this type of garbage isn't doing anything but helping Trump.

Physically attacking someone for their beliefs, no matter how right or wrong, is unacceptable.

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:38 pm

Shockandawe wrote:
n00less cluebie wrote:So Bernie supporters HONESTLY believe that there's no real difference between HRC and DT?!
It's not that they think there is no difference between the two. I think it's that they don't care that there are other candidates. They are fully invested in Bernie and that's it.
Ok. So when Bernie drops out what happens?

Red Beard
Beard of Plenty
Location: on the playground is where i spent most of my days, chillin' all nice and relaxing all cool and

Post by Red Beard » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:34 pm

Then we work to promote progressives with in the party to get them elected to the House and Senate. As for the president? Well I've been a registered democrat for 12 years. If/when Hilary becomes the democratic candidate, I will be registering independent and voting for Jill Stein.