Thank you for your service

Of the people, by the people, for the people, for whatevs.
deez nuts
Bane before beer

Thank you for your service

Post by deez nuts » Sat May 14, 2016 1:56 am

I hear it every memorial day, it's makes me feel really weird and uncomfortable,my friends mean it but I do not know what to say, all I can think is I am really lucky and I instantly think about my friends who were not as lucky as me, then I think about the guys that probably had it worse than me. I have never said your welcome I just feel weird, I never wanted a thank you. If you know a veteran or have one in your life memorial day, just throw a high five or pay it foreword to a random. If you must, thank them for being a American, this thank you for your service politically correct shit is bullshit. Thank you all for going to work so you can pay your rent,buy groceries etc... High fives all around.....
Deez

Bean
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Re: Thank you for your service

Post by Bean » Mon May 16, 2016 8:55 pm

I hear you. I don't know if it's political correctness, but I like that angle. It's a cliche, and it's rude to slap someone with a cliche. It builds a little wall and humans are separate enough without piling on with more BS. It short circuits any conversation or relationship. So, it also is a performative contradiction. It marks you as a class of person deserving special treatment but then treats you especially badly with a BS cliche.

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Re: Thank you for your service

Post by n00less cluebie » Mon May 16, 2016 11:09 pm

The correct response is "you're welcome, now you can service Deez Nuts"