Mafia XXX: Once More Unto the Breach

Forum games, computer games, any other games that you'd like to play.
Rhye
Lux Crooner

Mafia XXX: Once More Unto the Breach

Post by Rhye » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:00 pm

It all happened at the gathering on November 1st..... Rhye was shot and killed by an unknown citizen. The city is exploding into action. Innocents and the Serpent Alliance alike are preparing for war, whilst the Undead team looms in the distance. The members of the city are heading to the breach once more.....

Hoping that this conflict will spare the innocent men and women is too much to hope for. I just hope that we die quickly, rather than slowly and painfully....

Welcome to the 30th Mafia Game, everyone. I hope you all enjoy the game, even with all the bizarre changes I've made to the traditional Mafia template. I simply thought that we needed some ideas presented to the Mafia world, and I'm showing you them through this Mafia 30. The ideas of partnerships, ressurections, points based off of personal accomplishments, and events are all new to both of us. Once this is all said and done...... either Mafia will have a whole new template that it can choose to work off of or....... Mafia hosts will learn what to avoid when they start creating exciting twists and turns in their games. So, on the bright side, even if this is the worst Mafia ever we will have shown the world what not to do. In either case, constructive feedback is welcome once the game comes to an end. Oh, and, by the way, I applaud the fact that you 11 luxers are brave enough to play a weird game. Okay, enough with the small-talk. Let the games begin!

Introduction, Rules, and Sign-Ups:
http://www.sillysoft.net/forums/viewtop ... 02&start=0

Night Zero has begun!

No one was sentenced to death last night. [Welcome to the game everyone!]

Day One will begin November 2nd 8:00pm (Eastern Standard Time)
A time zone converter is here.

<EDIT> ∞ Drifter sneaks in like a hoodie pirate and stickies this sucka ∞
Last edited by Rhye on Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rhye
Lux Crooner

Post by Rhye » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:43 pm

(Okay, I will be making this post every time a night begins, when I have to send out all kinds of events, clues, roles in this case etc. I'm doing this so that you know that everything that I have to do during the early night phase is done.)

(I think that I'm done. If anyone did not receive their role pm.... then please pm me saying so. Also, if anyone is confused at any time, feel free to pm me. The worst I can say is that that confusion is supposed to be a part of the game. I'm not going to beat you senseless with a stick if you ask a question that has already be answered, or if you make a faux pas. This is a learning experience for all of us, so let's enjoy it.)

P.S. This is an example of what I will not ever do to you:
:deadhorse
Last edited by Rhye on Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rhye
Lux Crooner

Post by Rhye » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:45 pm

Oh, one last thing:

Order of Night Actions:

• Events
• Items Transfers
• Movements
• Protections/Blocking
• Thefts
• Corruptions/Bribery
• Attacks
• Healing/Medical Treatments
• Investigations
(Thank you for that formatting, TSK)

Also, even if I can't post exactly at 8:00pm (it will likely be later on wednesdays, for personal reasons), the day still ends at 8:00pm sharp. If you post at 8:01pm (8:00 is okay, since previous hosts have allowed it), your post will be ignored.

P.S. I can edit my posts as many times as I want. You, however, don't have that ability. :twisted:

Rhye
Lux Crooner

Post by Rhye » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:46 pm

Some Questions asked during night 0 (All very good questions, by the way.)

1) Basic Information + Basic Event Explanation:

-Sorry [Name Hidden], this is a rather confusing game, isn't it? Basically, you are to fight for yourself (to keep yourself alive- make deals, bargain etc.), your partner (once I reveal them to you), and your team (that would be the innocents- fighting of the Serpent and Undead teams.) Choosing who to trust, and who to distrust is what it's all about. This thing here ['Who shall lead'] is an event. An event is something that one or more players will receive via pm, and then respond to in whichever way they want (it will always be multiple choice, for the sake of the game.) The event will [usually] affect one or more players (usually yourself, but not always) in either a positive or negative way. Events are your way of anonymously helping yourself and your partner (and team, on rare occasions.)

2) If the Bag of Bones is killed, may he/she be replaced by another corrupt player?

This was one I was debating myself (apparently forgot to add it into rules...). No, he/she can't be replaced if they die (this is for the sake of balance, with only 11 people and all)

3) If the Bag of Bones and Skeletal Warlord are killed in the same Day or Night, is there another role that will succeed for the Undead Team?

No there isn't, that would over-power the corrupts, I think. Since in this game there are corrupt warriors who can actually assassinate players, the succession should be able to die out (as I also said in question #2's answer.)

4) Does the lie detector (if there is one) discover that the Skeletal Warlord, Bag of Bones and Serpent Lord are "innocent" when it evaluates their posts?

No it doesn't, the owner of the lie detector will be given 100% true information (like the information the skeptic receives.)

5) If the Insane Slayer maims someone, is the victim able to vote until they're formally revealed as dead?

A maimed player will say nothing (not in pm nor the forum) including votes once he is maimed. In the eyes of the general population, he will appear to be afk. So, you might figure out that he is maimed, if you pay attention, but you won't know for sure until the next day. You are given no information once the player is actually killed. All information will be given to you the next day, as if they died the next night (although it will state that they have been maimed.)

6) Will the votes made by the town elder count as double when it comes to events?

No they won't, the elder's vote will only count as double during the day vote.
Last edited by Rhye on Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rhye
Lux Crooner

Post by Rhye » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:19 pm

Note: Day 0 probably won't end until 9:00pm or so, because today is wednesday and I have something going on until 8:00pm. Sorry.

~Rhye~

dollabillz
Disinterested Hipster

Post by dollabillz » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:20 pm

unto*

Rhye
Lux Crooner

Post by Rhye » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:22 pm

dollabillz wrote:unto*
I suppose that that's what happens when you try and rush through your Mafia intro...... :shock: (thanks)

Rhye
Lux Crooner

Post by Rhye » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:07 pm

Day One:

Heartscoffee was on a nice stroll on forest one night. Even with tensions growing between the Innocents and the Serpent Team, she hadn't expected to find anything unusual on her brief walk. Unfortunately, she was far too optimistic. She found kude's bloody corpse laying on the side of the path. She shook her head slowly, and silently hoped that kude was one of the 'bad ones'. Once again, Heartscoffee was too optimistic.

Kude was killed on Night 0. He was the town's jolly nurse.

Event "Who shall lead" happened. A clear decision was reached by the most influencial citizens in the town.

(I finished up all my nighttime duties by 8:17pm. Sorry for the delay. Welcome to the game everyone.)

Rhye
Lux Crooner

Post by Rhye » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:19 pm

I've finished sending all of my nighttime pms. Usually they will be sent at most 5 minutes off from 8:00pm. Today though, I was busy. Anyway, they were sent and Day One has officially begun.

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:40 pm

∞ TSK tsks over the corpse of poor dear departed kude, and casts a baleful eye SunTzu's way... ∞

Someone tryin' to frame you, <strike>son</strike>, er, Sun?

:smt018

Enzo1997
Lux Vacationer

Post by Enzo1997 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:17 pm

Night one and we already lost one? Notice how Kude is almost always killed in the first few nights? I wish he could actually play the full game for once.

SunTzu
Lux Cartographer

Post by SunTzu » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:24 pm

Are abstentions allowed in this game, or are we forced to vote for someone?

Rhye
Lux Crooner

Post by Rhye » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:31 pm

Voting:

1) Abstaining is allowed
2) Tie votes result in multiple eliminations
3) There is no penalty for not voting (simply because we can't afford to lose more players in such a stupid fashion.) Not voting= abstain
4) If you do not speak on the thread in 72 hours, Rhye will think up some comical, yet tragic, way for you to die.

(Once again, something that I should've brought up. Thanks for reminding me.)

heartscoffee
Lux Sweetheart

Post by heartscoffee » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:39 pm

I was contacted by someone claiming to be the sheriff. They informed me that jesterme was investigated last night and was found to be corrupt. If this person is lying we can vote them off tomorrow.

So I will vote jesterme.

mazza
Lux Sugar Daddy

Post by mazza » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:33 am

sounds fair and balanced to myself......

Jesterme

jesterme
Lux Duck Lover

Post by jesterme » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:54 pm

MUD

He is Godfather. Trust me and have the Sheriff investigate me tonight.

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:10 pm

Quite an accusation to make. Since I know it is false it only confirms Heart's sheriff story. I vote Jesterme

If he turns up innocent feel free to lynch me.

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:10 pm

Two interesting stories already! At the moment, I'm inclined to find jesterme's the more plausible one... but I reserve the right to change my mind if more details are forthcoming.

Mud

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:50 pm

If Jesterme is indeed corrupt and since investigation takes place after corruption. Then likely there are two corrupt players already.

If I die and am shown to be innocent. It should be obvious who they are.

jesterme
Lux Duck Lover

Post by jesterme » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:56 pm

Mud wrote:If I die and am shown to be innocent. It should be obvious who they are.
Don't worry, Mud. We know that won't happen....

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:18 pm

I just found the sheriff scenario a bit hard to swallow. If there is an Undead team, it would have started as one player who showed as innocent to sheriff investigations. I made some assumptions, based on what I thought that character would do... Right now, I still think it's the most valid course of action. I haven't heard anything to change my mind yet.

Ordinarily, I'd be tempted to just let this sort itself out during the night (either way we'll learn something valuable). But with fewer players...

heartscoffee
Lux Sweetheart

Post by heartscoffee » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:30 pm

I’m not sure who to believe at this point.

Soo... maybe a tie vote would be good... between the two.

Then if one of them is telling to truth, there will only be one mafia member left, and if the other is telling the truth we get rid of a corrupt.

Also if there is a sheriff out there and you aren't the one who PM'ed me... it would be nice if you did now. However, you have no reason to trust me at this point yet... so use your judgement.

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:40 pm

I understand the temptation, but killing two potential innocents right away sounds dicey. My guess is that we began with perhaps only 6 or 7...

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:48 pm

heartscoffee wrote:Then if one of them is telling to truth, there will only be one mafia member left
How do you know how many mafia we started with?

heartscoffee
Lux Sweetheart

Post by heartscoffee » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:49 pm

Well at least of them has to be bad (corrupt/mafia). So it's really just one potential innocent...

heartscoffee
Lux Sweetheart

Post by heartscoffee » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:51 pm

Mud wrote:
heartscoffee wrote:Then if one of them is telling to truth, there will only be one mafia member left
How do you know how many mafia we started with?
I don't know know... I said if one of them was telling the truth.... so I was told.

SunTzu
Lux Cartographer

Post by SunTzu » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:56 pm

I'm gonna vote for Mud.

heartscoffee, don't trust the person who claimed to be the sheriff. A sheriff will only have info about one person so far. So if they investigated jesterme, they would have no idea whether you were innocent or not. So why should they trust you with that information?

Actually, that has happened before (when Enzo and kude were involved) but anybody with any mafia experience wouldn't do it. So if you think they're a good player, chances are they're trying to pull one over you.

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:51 pm

Ok I will come out and say it. I am the sheriff that contacted Hearts. I checked Jesterme and confirmed him corrupt, rather than stand up and paint a target on my head for both corruption and night killing I decided to take a risk and randomly choose hearts to pass info on. I figure if she is mafia she still wants to kill a corrupt. That seems to have been a fail. So if Jesterme isn't corrupt than kill me tomorrow.

Rhye
Lux Crooner

Post by Rhye » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:26 pm

( I will not be able to post right at 8:00pm, but the day will still end at that time. All votes made after 8:00pm will not count. )

Rhye
Lux Crooner

Post by Rhye » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:29 pm

And so the day comes to a close. Debates were held, and after an intense discussion,
jesterme was sentenced to death.

Night One has begun. Day Two will begin in 24 Hours (8:00pm still).

*Also, a question was asked about the bag of gold coins. The answer:
If someone is bribed by a bag of gold coins, they will not know who they were bribed by.