Mafia XXXV: Lux Noir

Forum games, computer games, any other games that you'd like to play.
Deep Blue
Lux Addict

Post by Deep Blue » Thu May 23, 2013 2:29 pm

Oh boy.

Guys I was born innocent, and I will die that way. I dunno why me, appearently because Dollabillz didn't get the clue. I for one am not gonna accept this mob bashing clearly out of pure desperation. We don't know who so lets get deep. UNFAIR and...stupid.
And I will fight this vote with all my power.

PEOPLE innocent or conflicted
maffia or Llama
HEAR ME
Hear me calling out to you
Hear me asking you to trust me
to come with me
Hear me saying I AM INNOCENT
Hear me saying you have been deceived
Someone somewhere
out there
knows what I am talking about.
See me, see me for what I truly am
see me standing here
naked before you
Just another LAW ABIDING CITIZEN
Asking
Telling
Warning
YOU
For the days to come.
People
I know I have been quiet
I know I have been lurking in the shadows for to long.
The fact is: We all have.
We all have been silent for to long.

An innocent soul

deep

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Thu May 23, 2013 2:43 pm

I see all that talk and still no claim of a role to try save yourself.

Even if you did, it wouldn't save you because chances are you will claim a role that has already been claimed and possibly by someone already confirmed as innocent so that would just highlight your guilt.

So I declare good game innocents, we got our man.

Deep Blue
Lux Addict

Post by Deep Blue » Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm

eumhhh mud or should I say sinister fatman
A hint: my role is in capitals

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Thu May 23, 2013 8:12 pm

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Night/Day One

Post by The Silken Knot » Thu May 23, 2013 8:16 pm

Night One
  • • Mumps (The Sinister Fatman) names kude (The Two-Bit Grifter) to be his Little Caesar, and lead The Public Enemies in the event of his (Mumps’) death.
    • WhirlPlaid (The Willful Daughter) learns that Schroberts (The Seedy Gigolo) is his parent. If his final vote is the same as hers on any Day, he will die.
    • Mumps (The Sinister Fatman) sends himself to kill dollabillz (The Private Dick). He is successful.
    • n00less cluebie (The World-Weary Physician) stands ready to heal himself, but it is not necessary.
    • *Manimal (The Hard-Boiled Policeman) investigates Schroberts (The Seedy Gigolo), and finds her innocent.
    • dollabillz (The Private Dick) is killed before he can complete his investigation of Rhye (The Conflicted Anti-Hero/Public Enemy).
    • Llux Llama (The Gin-Soaked Wordsmith) chooses a Shirley Temple with a scotch chaser, and learns that Kjos (The Law-Abiding Citizen) is innocent.
    • dollabillz (The Private Dick) becomes The Ghostly Gumshoe.
    • Rhye (The Conflicted Anti-Hero) fails to choose an affiliation before the end of Night One. A coin is tossed, and he lands on the side of The Public Enemies.
Day One
  • • jesterme (The Struck-Off Plastic Physician) is sent to The Big House, by a vote of the citizenry.
    • No one was infected with herpes by Schroberts (The Seedy Gigolo).

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Night/Day Two

Post by The Silken Knot » Thu May 23, 2013 8:17 pm

Night Two
  • • Mumps (The Sinister Fatman) sends himself to kill Schroberts (The Seedy Gigolo). He is successful.
    • n00less cluebie (The World-Weary Physician) stands ready to heal WhirlPlaid (The Willfull Daughter), but it doesn’t prove necessary.
    • Llux Llama (The Gin-Soaked Wordsmith) orders the purplest purple drank in the house (okay, a Grape Nehi), and learns that Big Will E Style (The Jaded Politician) is innocent.
    • * Manimal (The Hard-Boiled Policeman) investigates Big Will E Style (The Jaded Politician) and learns that he is innocent.
    • kude (The Two-Bit Grifter) rolls the die, and learns that Llux Llama is The Gin-Soaked Wordsmith.
Day Two
  • • jesterme (The Struck-Off Plastic Surgeon) is executed at dawn.
    • kude (The Two-Bit Grifter) is sent to The Big House, by vote of the citizenry.
    • No one was infected with herpes by Schroberts (The Seedy Gigolo) before she passed <strike>out</strike> on.

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Night/Day Three

Post by The Silken Knot » Thu May 23, 2013 8:18 pm

Night Three
  • • Deep Blue’s (The Femme Fatale) blocks n00less cluebie (The World-Weary Physisican), in a stunning, game-changing move submitted with just 16 minutes to spare. He cannot block n00less again in the game. I may someday forgive him for making me redo the post I had ready. ;)
    • Mumps (The Sinister Fatman) sends himself to kill Big Will E Style (The Jaded Politician), and is successful.
    • n00less cluebie (The World-Weary Physician) would have healed Big Will, had he not been blocked.
    • *Manimal (The Hard-Boiled Policeman) investigates mud (The Gentleman Marksman) and finds him innocent.
    • Llux Llama (The Gin-Soaked Wordsmith) guzzles enough vermouth that she, like the rest of Lux Angeles’ investigators, sees Mumps (The Sinister Fatman) as innocent.
Day Three
  • • kude (The Two-Bit Grifter) is executed at Dawn.
    • Mumps (The Sinister Fatman) names Deep Blue’s (The Femme Fatale) as his second-in-command.
    • Shockandawe (The Victim of Circumstance) is sent to The Big House, by vote of the citizenry.

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Night/Day Four

Post by The Silken Knot » Thu May 23, 2013 8:22 pm

Night Four… during which there must have been a full moon.
  • • WhirlPlaid (The Willful Daughter) decides to streak across the plaza pre-dawn.

• mud (The Gentleman Marksman) decides to kill WhirlPlaid (The Willful Daughter). TSK was so bemused that she let him, even though IT WAS AGAINST THE RULES! Fortunately, it didn’t materially affect the outcome of the game, so Whirly shall be resurrected to enjoy his victory. And The Public Enemies can always claim that they woulda won, if it hadn’ta been for That Daffy Narrator Tomato.

• Mumps (The Sinister Fatman) send Deep Blue’s (The Femme Fatale) to kill n00less cluebie (The World-Weary Physician). He was successful.

• n00less cluebie (The World-Weary Physician) fully intended to be available to heal himself. And Deep Blue’s (The Feme Fatale) couldn’t block him this time! But he didn’t PM. Barkeep, another round of Bemusement, please!

• *Manimal (The Hard-Boiled Policeman) fully intended to investigate someone, but before he knew it, he was on his fourth Bemusement. You know what they say about The Cutie Pet… he can have a drink, two at mostest… three, he’s under the table, four, he’s under the hostess!

• Llux Llama (The Gin-Soaked Wordsmith) kept her wits about her, thankfully. She was drinking straight rye… and finding Rhye (The Conflicted Anti-Hero/Public Enemy) to be not quite straight (i.e., guilty, ya galoots).

Day Four
  • • Shockandawe (The Victim of Circumstance) was executed at dawn.
    • Rhye (The Conflicted Anti-Hero/Public Enemy) was sent to The Big House, by a vote of the citizenry.

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Night/Day Five

Post by The Silken Knot » Thu May 23, 2013 8:29 pm

Night Five
  • • Deep Blue’s (The Femme Fatale) blocks Llux Llama (The Gin-Soaked Wordsmith). He cannot block her again in the game.
    • mud (The Gentleman Marksman) kills Mumps (The Sinister Fatman).
    • Mumps (The Sinister Fatman) would have killed *Manimal (The Hard-Boiled Policemen), if Mud hadn’t got to him first.
    • Llux Llama (The Gin-Soaked Wordsmith) would have got the skinny on Deep Blue’s… if he hadn’t blocked her.
    • *Manimal (The Hard-Boiled Policeman) investigated Mumps, which was made materially easier by the fact he was dead.
Day Five
  • • Deep Blue’s, The NEW Sinister Fatman and last of Lux Angeles’ Public Enemies, was nailed by the remaining citizenry.
THE ANGELS WITH DIRTY FACES HAVE WON MAFIA XXXV: LUX NOIR!!!

Congratulations, all, and thank you so much for playing.

Special congratulations to Deep Blue's, who proved himself a natural in this, his first Lux Mafia. Well played! And Mumpsie, if we had an award for Most Adept at Cheating Death, it would have your name on it, bear. And of course to dollabillz, who only has to die to prove he's trustworthy. You made a great Gumshoe, thank you.

:smt055 :smt055 :smt055 :smt055 :smt055

Rhye
Lux Crooner

Post by Rhye » Thu May 23, 2013 8:47 pm

I always figured dollabillz would be more useful dead than alive.

gg.

dollabillz
Disinterested Hipster

Post by dollabillz » Thu May 23, 2013 8:57 pm

Lol u mad

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Thu May 23, 2013 9:07 pm

Good news: Whirly survives
Bad news: he had to become a girl to do it

Sorry WP, but i gotta call a spayed a spayed

Btw, I REMEMBER sending the pm to TSK to protect myself at the 4am feeding but mysteriously it was neither found in my sent or out boxes. I blame Obama

dollabillz
Disinterested Hipster

Post by dollabillz » Thu May 23, 2013 9:28 pm

thanks so much for hosting TSKy. i had a blast.

Llama LluxaLlot
Llux Lliaison

Post by Llama LluxaLlot » Thu May 23, 2013 9:38 pm

Thank you cupcake (hostess of course)

My first mafia was a humdinger! I lloved my overly Llaquacious role. That summing up of actions is a bonus.

FUN FUN FUN FUN

/me bows and exits stage left. Which leads to the bar.

Deep Blue
Lux Addict

Post by Deep Blue » Thu May 23, 2013 10:58 pm

good game!

:smt067 :smt051

Rhye
Lux Crooner

Post by Rhye » Thu May 23, 2013 11:15 pm

Let me reflect on the game a little bit regarding the tactics, being the Anti-hero (evil).

I think out of the two possible positions, going with innocent is much better and much more playable. The most plain reason being that the Innocents are almost always stronger than the Mafia and win a much larger percentage of the time. Also, as a innocent, sure you don't have any powers, but you have some compensation for that by being the smallest target (assuming it's revealed somehow that you are what you are.) Essentially you can play typical innocent strategies, swear fealty to a confirmed innocent and try to get everyone to pm their roles to you. As a mafia on the other hand, I was completely alone. I couldn't coordinate with the rest of the Mafia team, nor did I even have a capacity to kill. I was a sitting duck. The only play I could make, really, was by trying to deduce who the godfather was and then discretely work with their team, the example in this game being when Will came forward, I thought that there was a good enough chance that he was a mafia member in disguise that I decided to publically believe that he was innocent. Also, I'd like to add that losing the surgeon early on was a tremendous loss. Even though, tangibly his role was quite small, his threat was far stronger than the execution, the idea that all sheriff investigations could be completely wrong could be exploited heavily by our team.

Rhye

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Fri May 24, 2013 9:50 am

Well done innocents.

10 v 1 v 5 was actually tough odds.

Thanks for hosting TiSKy

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Fri May 24, 2013 10:02 am

Actually 10 v 1 v 4 and a half as Rhye had no way of contacting the mafia. Townies got real lucky with schrob getting whacked and Will with TWO straight blind guesses hitting the mark. Having dolla as a ghost sealed the deal....

WhirlPlaid
miSKAlaneous
Location: Habitual board flippers should have their dice taken away.

Post by WhirlPlaid » Fri May 24, 2013 11:16 am

Great host TSK. Thank you very much! Good Game mafia, Excellent game innocents. LLama, great in game character, after reading the post game summary, I understand your comments more. LOL.

Totally looking forward to the next mafia, where I too will try to play in character while at the same time not letting anyone know who I am.

Also, I don't understand how or why I am still alive. Of course I don't understand how or why I got killed in the first place. I am amazed that a guy/gal can't do a simple '70's streak with out getting whacked. I think this is the second time I have attempted to streak and ended up dying that night.

Kjos
Luxer

Post by Kjos » Fri May 24, 2013 12:00 pm

Kjos's thoughts on the game:

First of all. As you all now know, I was the Law Abiding Citizen. Hands down, the most overpowered, most glorious role I could have ever wished for. I was literally dreaming about this game in my sleep, and this role was the one I wanted the most.

With the mixture of ghosts/My role/ and the shear number of innocents, I knew we'd win.

But, it could be argued that active roles are much funnier, which I'd agree with.

GG Innocents - Very good team work may I add.

And I knew Mumps was mafia from day 1 =] I shouldn't have switched my vote, although I think Will was Gov, meaning he had 2 votes and only Jest would have died anyways.

And of course TSK. Hands down the best host anyone could ever wish for, always throwing new twists into the game. This time we had more powers instead of items, which was super cool.

I will be at the next MIDNIGHT release of the next mafia!

Enokrad
Dark Spawn

Post by Enokrad » Fri May 24, 2013 2:51 pm

Thanks TSK for hosting yet another great Mafia game.

Schroberts
Lux Veteran

Post by Schroberts » Fri May 24, 2013 4:49 pm

It looks like it was a great game, thanks again for the host TSK! If only I hadn't been killed so early, I think I would of had a lot of fun with this role! ;)

Llama LluxaLlot
Llux Lliaison

Post by Llama LluxaLlot » Fri May 24, 2013 7:11 pm

/me is willing to give shcroberts as many smooches as she missed out on

Shockandawe
Lux Vigilante

Post by Shockandawe » Fri May 24, 2013 9:02 pm

Rhye wrote:Let me reflect on the game a little bit regarding the tactics, being the Anti-hero (evil).

I think out of the two possible positions, going with innocent is much better and much more playable. The most plain reason being that the Innocents are almost always stronger than the Mafia and win a much larger percentage of the time. Also, as a innocent, sure you don't have any powers, but you have some compensation for that by being the smallest target (assuming it's revealed somehow that you are what you are.) Essentially you can play typical innocent strategies, swear fealty to a confirmed innocent and try to get everyone to pm their roles to you. As a mafia on the other hand, I was completely alone. I couldn't coordinate with the rest of the Mafia team, nor did I even have a capacity to kill. I was a sitting duck. The only play I could make, really, was by trying to deduce who the godfather was and then discretely work with their team, the example in this game being when Will came forward, I thought that there was a good enough chance that he was a mafia member in disguise that I decided to publically believe that he was innocent. Also, I'd like to add that losing the surgeon early on was a tremendous loss. Even though, tangibly his role was quite small, his threat was far stronger than the execution, the idea that all sheriff investigations could be completely wrong could be exploited heavily by our team.

Rhye
There is a large amount of luck involved, but recently the mafia have made huge blunders playing right into the hands of the innocents.

I may have forgotten about the game, but thank you for hosting as always TSK.

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Fri May 24, 2013 11:01 pm

Thanks, everyone. It was my pleasure, as always.

I wish things had worked out so you could've played this one, Shock. From the cheap seats, it looked like the innocents made up for lost time in getting Lady Luck to roll for them. The Public Enemies played really well, I thought, but in the face of Will's fatal intuition, they were TOAST.

:smt067 :smt067 :smt067

:smt055 :smt055 :smt055

jesterme
Lux Duck Lover

Post by jesterme » Fri May 24, 2013 11:05 pm

TSK sold me out round 1.

Otherwise, ggs!

:wink: