Ant Compile: Lux Works, not Vox

AI discussion, ideas, and SDK help.
ytg
Lux Newbie

Ant Compile: Lux Works, not Vox

Post by ytg » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:58 am

Not the most knowledgeable with Java and am quite tired at the moment, so I'm easily stumped here.

Mac OS X 10.5, Java version 1.5

When using Ant to compile the SDK, Lux compiles fine, but Vox does not. Without copy and pasting the whole thing ( not sure what's preferred ) the seven errors listed in the terminal say it cannot find the "symbol" variable Translator in class com.sillysoft.tools.StringTool; class ArrayDeque in classes Cluster, Pathfinder, and Cluster2.

Lux compiles without a problem, it's compiled files are in the build folder.

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:25 am

The SDK needs to be updated. You can fix these errors by replacing any Translator.getBlah() calls with plain "strings"

The ArrayDeque issue is due to not having Java 6 I think. The only classes that need it are for specific AIs, so they could be safely removed.

ytg
Lux Newbie

Post by ytg » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:20 pm

I replaced the translator parts with strings, as suggested. That problem is solved. ArrayDeque is in Java 6, which I looked into and, apparently, already had. It just wasn't at the top of the list of versions to use. However even after switching to Java 6 I still had problems with it. Trying to take out Pathfinder, Polymath, and the two Cluster files lead to many more problems, since those are used by others.

So I went into Windows, downloaded Ant for consistency, and now my only error comes from missing a Widgets file in the tools folder. It's only used in a single condition so I replaced it with nonsense.

Finally, success!

ytg
Lux Newbie

Post by ytg » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:14 am

Forgot to mention: after an ( embarrassingly quick ) search I found JAVA_HOME must be changed.

Throw this into Bash:

Code: Select all

export JAVA_HOME="/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6/Home"
After changing the default Java version ( through the Java app. ).