BotOfDoom 3.0

AI discussion, ideas, and SDK help.
GregM
Luxer

Post by GregM » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:23 am

rob wrote:the best bot yet! :smt023
8)

I think I may have made a tweak that fixed the freezing - I ran 3 BODs all night on 2112 and they didn't freeze.

GregM
Luxer

Post by GregM » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:09 pm

Hi again everyone. I've just sent dustin BotOfDoom 3.1. Changes:

-The big thing, of course, is that 3.1 shouldn't freeze the app. :roll: Sorry for the inconvenience this caused in the last version, and thank you to those who pointed it out to me.

-Endgame strategy is somewhat improved: if there is only one enemy left in the game, the BOD(s) will needle him by hitting his income until they can take him out.

-I reworked the logic for deciding when to kill someone - not sure if this will make a big difference.

-There are a few new chat commands, which you can see by typing "bod help".

-maybe some other tweaks I don't remember

Enjoy! :D

EDIT: 3.1 also fixes the once-per-click attacking thing and speeds BOD as much as possible when he's taking out a player or taking over the world.

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:25 pm

I put it up. "bod help" doesn't work for me though.

Bertrand
Reaper Creator

Post by Bertrand » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:53 pm

dustin wrote:I put it up. "bod help" doesn't work for me though.
Dustin, the same thing happened to me, I think the plugin manager does not always install the new version. After a restart of Lux, it still told me that a "new version" of BOD was available! Unstalling it first seems to work. After that, the "BOD HELP" command worked.

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:20 am

You seem to be correct. When I verify that the new version is in place "bod help" does work.

I know that new versions of agents will not take effect until a relaunch of Lux. That could of caused it.

I'm unable to reproduce a situation where Lux still says "new version" after updating though. Does this always happen to you when upgrading?

Bertrand
Reaper Creator

Post by Bertrand » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:52 am

dustin wrote: Does this always happen to you when upgrading?
Here is what I remember happening. I think it did happen before, but i'm not completely sure.
Install BOD 3.1
restart Lux
Try BOD HELP, does not work
In the plugin manager, saw "new version"
Install the new version
Remove the new version
restart lux
Install the new version
restart lux
--- Plugin says "remove", and BOD HELP works...

So everyone, check in the plugin manager, you might be playing with an old version of BOD or Reaper.

Blind Willie
Lux Veteran

Post by Blind Willie » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:57 pm

Nice work! :D

Love the new BOD. Got my ass kicked by it all last night. Looks like the bugs are gone -- didn't run into any problems.

Deadly bot. Between the new BOD and Reaper, I actually have to start thinking again when I'm playing bots. Thanks for the new challenges guys.

Blind Willie buys a round of drinks for all the bot creators

Bertrand
Reaper Creator

Post by Bertrand » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:17 pm

It's nice to see our creations are appreciated! My ultimate goal is not only to make you think, but make you squirm and cringe in panic. Bots will get there someday.

In the meantime I'm trying to make Reaper better in high cards by training him against BOD. So far I've managed to *almost* close the gap, by having Reaper take more risks and being more agressive. But i'm still looking for the "secret" ingredient that makes BOD so good. Dark magic? A pact with the devil? Sometimes it almost looks like he is cheating, creating armies out of thin air!

GregM
Luxer

Post by GregM » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:40 pm

Bertrand wrote:In the meantime I'm trying to make Reaper better in high cards by training him against BOD. So far I've managed to *almost* close the gap, by having Reaper take more risks and being more agressive. But i'm still looking for the "secret" ingredient that makes BOD so good. Dark magic? A pact with the devil? Sometimes it almost looks like he is cheating, creating armies out of thin air!
Nice :twisted:
I'd say make sure Reaper's kill-planning can make routes that split up when appropriate. And tune the aggressiveness - I started out with "kill whenever possible" and worked down from there. Also, when Reaper balls up into one army, does he only place armies on that country? Sometimes that doesn't make sense when planning a kill. Oh, and black magic can't hurt ;)
Blind Willie wrote:Deadly bot. Between the new BOD and Reaper, I actually have to start thinking again when I'm playing bots. Thanks for the new challenges guys.

Blind Willie buys a round of drinks for all the bot creators
Thanks 8)

Bertrand
Reaper Creator

Post by Bertrand » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:20 pm

GregM wrote:I'd say make sure Reaper's kill-planning can make routes that split up when appropriate. And tune the aggressiveness - I started out with "kill whenever possible" and worked down from there. Also, when Reaper balls up into one army, does he only place armies on that country? Sometimes that doesn't make sense when planning a kill. Oh, and black magic can't hurt ;)
Good observation, Reaper does not have a placeToKill() function. I've been avoiding writing it, because it doesn't easily fit in with the existing logic.
To tune the aggressiveness, I use a similar technique: I begin low, and increase it until Reaper's win % starts to decrease.
As for splits, I think Reaper does it too often; he also leaves behind a lot of stray "2"s. I noticed that BOD's kills are very clean, wasting almost nothing.