Mafia XXIII - The Experiment

Forum games, computer games, any other games that you'd like to play.
Smethywick
Luxer

Mafia XXIII - The Experiment

Post by Smethywick » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:57 am

The guests were arriving one by one.

A dark figure stood out by the window, watching as each of the twelve specially chosen individuals made their way up the long driveway into the castle that would become their home. Perhaps, their final home.

As a cold smile spread across his face, a voice behind him said, "Sir, should we begin our final preparations?"

Without turning around, the dark man at the window addressed his three friends. "Get ready. When you join our twelve guests, they must believe you are one of them. The whole plan depends on your ability to blend in. To act as innocents. You know what to do."

The three mafia exited the room and began making their preparations, blending in among the twelve guests, and setting up their next move.

---

That night, as the fifteen new residents of the castle settled into their new accommodations, wondering what might lay in store for them over the next few days. There was a sense of unease about the castle as each settled into bed for their first night in the castle. Each of them wondered when they would meet their host.

The dark figure watched all evening as the guests settled into their rooms. He watched as his three friends crept quietly into the room of their first victim, John Doe and silently stabbed him to death in his bed.

He continued to watch the next day as the guests discovered they were missing a person, then as they found the body.

In terror, the remaining 14 guests ran from the room, only to find the gate of the castle was lowered, preventing any escape. And on the door, where the dark figure had painted it the night before, shone the blood of John Doe, which spelled out the words:

There are murderers among you. No one may leave until the last of the murderers are dead!

The group began to argue. Accusations began to fly. The dark figure laughed to himself as he watched the guests struggle to defend themselves.

This was going to be fun.

---

It is now Daytime.

You have until 12:00 CST on Thursday, January 27th to reach a majority.

You can read the rules <a href="http://sillysoft.net/forums/viewtopic.p ... 7">here</a>.

The following guests are still alive:

1. Simply4est
2. Mud
3. Enzo1997
4. JesterMe
5. n00less cluebie
6. SunTzu
7. Engie
8. Mazza
9.*Manimal
10. The Silken Knot
11. djdee

The following guests are dead:

1. John Doe
2. RandomGuy
3. Kude
4. Owned
Last edited by Smethywick on Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:09 am

Good morning, Luxtopia....

With all these cop roles, the only way to make them useful at ALL is if we work together and fast. My guess is that there are a good number of cops out there, so I'm sticking my head in the line of fire for tonight.

I am a (naive? confused?)cop, and ask all other cops to investigate me tonight.

If you get a guilty result, you are a confused cop, otherwise you are a real or naive cop.

Frankly, our roles are fairly nerfed, and the other roles are much stronger, so I don't mind throwing myself to the dogs if I must be the sacrificial victim.

Other than that, with no information to go by, I vote ABSTAIN as it's much more likely that we eliminate an innocent on Day 1 with no information, and hopefully we'll have at least a SLIGHTLY better chance tomorrow.

Smethywick
Luxer

Post by Smethywick » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:32 am

I've received a question about the Paranoid Gun Owner that I think would be relevant to share with everyone.

In the event that multiple people target the Paranoid Gun Owner on one night, the first PM I receive targeting the PGO will be the one who is killed. Any actions that come after that will be carried out as usual.

This means that if the Doctor targets the PGO, and then an hour later the mafia targets the PGO, the Doctor will be killed by the PGO and the PGO will be killed by the mafia.

On the other hand, if the Mafia targets the PGO first, the Mafia will be killed by the PGO, and the Doctor and PGO will both survive the night.

After one use, the PGO will lose their ability and become just like a Vanilla Townie.

If there are any other questions about it, please PM me.

P.S., This blue color is my color. Don't use it in your posts. It will be reserved for times like this when I have to step in and clarify rules. I'll stick to
black in the narration section though.

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:36 am

Another thought is that a cop could check themselves.

Confused cop would get a guilty result
Naive and regular cops would get an innocent result.

At least the confused cops would identify themselves.

simply4est
Luxer

Post by simply4est » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:36 am

Hello Castle Vox (I'm in a parallel dimension to you Luxers),

I'll go along with the cluebie, unless something else develops, voting ABSTAIN for now. Does anyone see any reason not to believe him?

simply4est
Luxer

Post by simply4est » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:38 am

Smethywick wrote:I've received a question about the Paranoid Gun Owner that I think would be relevant to share with everyone.

In the event that multiple people target the Paranoid Gun Owner on one night, the first PM I receive targeting the PGO will be the one who is killed. Any actions that come after that will be carried out as usual.

This means that if the Doctor targets the PGO, and then an hour later the mafia targets the PGO, the Doctor will be killed by the PGO and the PGO will be killed by the mafia.

On the other hand, if the Mafia targets the PGO first, the Mafia will be killed by the PGO, and the Doctor and PGO will both survive the night.

After one use, the PGO will lose their ability and become just like a Vanilla Townie.

If there are any other questions about it, please PM me.

P.S., This blue color is my color. Don't use it in your posts. It will be reserved for times like this when I have to step in and clarify rules. I'll stick to
black in the narration section though.
So the Doctor needs to make sure to PM you last, lol.

simply4est
Luxer

Post by simply4est » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:39 am

Mud wrote:Another thought is that a cop could check themselves.

Confused cop would get a guilty result
Naive and regular cops would get an innocent result.

At least the confused cops would identify themselves.
Are Cops allowed to check themselves?

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:40 am

Assuming the "cops" are actually cops, of course. Hoo boy.

:smt017

Smethywick
Luxer

Post by Smethywick » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:46 am

Cops are allowed to check themselves.

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:48 am

Is this a legal option?

Smethywick
Luxer

Post by Smethywick » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:48 am

Smethywick wrote: Cops are allowed to check themselves.

Smethywick
Luxer

Post by Smethywick » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:49 am

I would prefer it, though, if none of you messed yourselves in my forum.

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:52 am

A confused cop that knows they are confused is as good as a regular cop. And a cop that knows they are not confused at least has it narrowed down to regular and naive.

SunTzu
Lux Cartographer

Post by SunTzu » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:16 pm

I vote for Enzo1997.

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:18 pm

I cant think of any reason not to say this so, I am going to reveal that I am a paranoid gun owner since it seems like a volatile role that is more potentially harmful to the innocents. I figure the mafia won't try to kill me until later in the game or by vote since they will lose a man now and they will have better luck at targeting someone more harmful to them. More importantly it seems more likely that a cop/healer innocent might perform a night action on me and end up dying.

I asked Smethy in pm if the mafia role blocker dies if he tries to block the paranoid gun owner and the answer is yes he would. That was the only loop hole I could think of that they could kill me without losing a man.

mud

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:19 pm

Also I will abstain until concrete information presents itself.

simply4est
Luxer

Post by simply4est » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:23 pm

SunTzu wrote:I vote for Enzo1997.
Any reason?

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:27 pm

simply4est wrote:
SunTzu wrote:I vote for Enzo1997.
Any reason?
No night actions have occurred so he couldn't have any information.

SunTzu
Lux Cartographer

Post by SunTzu » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:29 pm

simply4est wrote:Any reason?
Enzo1997 has a tendency to help the mafia win. Even when he's innocent, his illogical comments and irrational behavior screw things up.

*Manimal
Lux Cutie Pet

Post by *Manimal » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:36 pm

Mud wrote:I cant think of any reason not to say this so, I am going to reveal that I am a paranoid gun owner since it seems like a volatile role that is more potentially harmful to the innocents. I figure the mafia won't try to kill me until later in the game or by vote since they will lose a man now and they will have better luck at targeting someone more harmful to them. More importantly it seems more likely that a cop/healer innocent might perform a night action on me and end up dying.
The logic is quite accurate, a paranoid gun owner would need to reveal themselves instantly, especially with only three mafia. However it should be noted that anyone falsely claiming this role really cannot be discovered without extra risk.

I only bring the above up, because I too am a paranoid gun owner

Do not heal me. Investigate me at your own peril, I own a gun and I know how to use it (just not when to).

RandomGuy
Lux Veteran

Post by RandomGuy » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:50 pm

having the paranoid gun owners come forward is definitely the best move for the innocents, as we can avoid doctors and cops dying by visiting them. However, it is also an obvious role-claim for a mafia, as it discourages them from being investigated.

And I find it doubtful that we would have multiple PGOs in a game with only 14 people.

hmmm...

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:54 pm

No I am Spartacus...........

Interesting 15 possible roles 14 players and and 2 paranoid gun owners. Talk about dangerous. I could be wrong but I am inclined to believe mani as it would be pretty ballsy for a mafia member to make the false claim of a paranoid gun owner right after someone else.

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:58 pm

RandomGuy wrote:it is also an obvious role-claim for a mafia, as it discourages them from being investigated.
It is true so I wouldn't advocate an innocent coming forward and trusting manimal. Or me in theory.

SunTzu
Lux Cartographer

Post by SunTzu » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:06 pm

Here are my strategy recommendations:
  • No more cops should reveal themselves to anyone, even via PM, until you know for sure what kind of cop you are.
  • All cops should investigate n00less cluebie tonight. Even if the Mafia kills him, you'll still get the results of your investigations.
  • Doctors and Faith Healers should not protect n00less cluebie tonight. If the Mafia is stupid enough to kill him tonight, it makes the cops' jobs easier. Besides, there's a chance that n00less cluebie is in the Mafia.

jesterme
Lux Duck Lover

Post by jesterme » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:17 pm

Irrational to follow SunTzu's lead at the moment, since the only logical thing for anyone who is innocent to do is abstain.

I abstain for Day 1.

simply4est
Luxer

Post by simply4est » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:24 pm

Unless both Mud and Manimal are Mafia... wonder how many PGO claims we'll see..

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:26 pm

SunTzu wrote:Besides, there's a chance that n00less cluebie is in the Mafia.
If n00less is mafia:
Regular cop: Guilty
Confused cop: Innocent
Naive cop: Innocent

If n00less is Godfather:
Regular cop: Innocent
Confused cop: Innocent

If n00less is a cop:
Regular cop: Innocent
Confused cop: Guilty

Only two chances out of nine possibilities that n00less comes up guilty.

Smethy what does the serial killer turn up as? He seems like a pretty guilty role.

simply4est
Luxer

Post by simply4est » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:27 pm

SunTzu wrote:
simply4est wrote:Any reason?
Enzo1997 has a tendency to help the mafia win. Even when he's innocent, his illogical comments and irrational behavior screw things up.
I can certainly understand the sentiment, but what if he has a role important to the town? Are you saying his voting is that dangerous to his own side as well?

SunTzu
Lux Cartographer

Post by SunTzu » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:37 pm

simply4est wrote:I can certainly understand the sentiment, but what if he has a role important to the town? Are you saying his voting is that dangerous to his own side as well?
Yes, and it's not just his voting pattern that is dangerous to innocents. He has a tendency to jump to illogical conclusions, which usually benefit the Mafia. That's why you'll rarely see the Mafia target him at night; they want to get rid of the good players first.

Smethywick
Luxer

Post by Smethywick » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:58 pm

Mud wrote: Smethy what does the serial killer turn up as? He seems like a pretty guilty role.
The Serial Killer will come out as Innocent to a normal cop.