Mafia XXVIII (28) — LUXWOOD — SIGN UPS & RULES

Forum games, computer games, any other games that you'd like to play.
The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Mafia XXVIII (28) — LUXWOOD — SIGN UPS & RULES

Post by The Silken Knot » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:25 am

• Dear Citizens of Luxwood,

Engie has graciously agreed to leash his slow-moving zombies for the moment to let me try my hand at one of these...if we can get a game together by next Monday. I'm relying heavily on SunTzu's format, since I enjoyed playing it. Suggestions welcome, of course. Don't be shy!

TSK
The game is now underway here.
Please note that I added a bit of clarification to some rules/roles/items. All changes are in dark blue text.

The RULES:
  • • Game Days and Nights will last 24 hours each, as Nature intended. Days and Nights will begin at 7 PM Eastern time (US)*.
    • Each Day, players may vote for one player to be hanged the following morning. Tie votes result in multiple hangings. Players voted for hanging can’t perform any actions during their final Night in the hoosegow (including item transfers).
    • Players begin each day with a vote against them (their own, unless they change it to vote against another player or officially abstain).
    The player(s) with the most votes against them will be taken away for hanging the next morning. If everyone abstains in the thread, no one will be hanged.
    • If a player doesn’t vote or post in the thread for two full game Days (i.e., 72 hours in real-time), it will be assumed that they have succumbed to a mysterious disease.
    • Since it’s possible that not all votes will count equally (Heavy-Thumbed Shopkeeper), the final vote tally will not be announced.
    • Players posting in the game thread during the Night, editing posts (or deleting the thread!) will meet with an untimely accident.
    • Players must obey all Forum Rules, including the one about NOT POSTING PMs.
* 11 PM GMT, midnight London, 1 AM Bavaria, 6 AM Vietnam, 8:30 AM Adelaide, 4 PM Vancouver/SF/Phoenix, 5 PM Denver, 6 PM Chicago/Minneapolis, 7 PM Baltimore/NY/Boston... or check http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html.

Order of Night Actions:
  • • Items Transfers
    • Movements
    • Protections/Blocking/PPP "saves"
    • Thefts
    • Corruptions/Bribery
    • Attacks (by gun; this is Luxwood)
    • Healing/Medical Treatments
    • Investigations
Multiple actions in the same category will occur in the order received.

The Good: Possible TOWN Roles
All TOWN roles except the Stagecoach Driver will show as INNOCENT to investigations (TOWN to Pinkerton or Shaman investigations).
  • Sawbones (Doctor) Each Night, may choose one player (including him/herself) to be healed of all death attempts... but never the same player twice in a row. Does not protect against corruption, bribery, theft, or any Night action other than a death attempt.
    Cavalry Medic (Nurse) will assume the Sawbones’ healing role if a Sawbones dies (or if there is no Sawbones). May heal any player without limit… except him/herself. Does not protect against corruption, bribery, theft, or any Night action other than a death attempt.
    Shaman (Investigator/Protector hybrid) Each Night, may either protect one player from all Night actions OR try to divine one player’s affiliation (TOWN, OUTLAW, CORRUPT), with a 50% chance of success in either case. May act on any player without limit, including him/herself.
    Territorial Governor (Governor) Each Night, may choose to pardon one player selected for hanging the following morning. May not self-pardon, or pardon any player more than once in the course of the game. There can be only one Territorial Governor per game.
    Sheriff may investigate one player each Night to determine if they are GUILTY or INNOCENT.
    Deputy In the event of a Sheriff’s death, a Deputy will assume the deceased Sheriff’s role, will inherit the results of all of the deceased Sheriff’s completed investigations, and will be able to perform their own investigations beginning the next night.
    Pinkerton Agent (Investigator) may telegraph headquarters to investigate one player at a time, returning a TOWN, OUTLAW or CORRUPT answer. Results are returned the Night after request (ask N1 = result N2, unless blocked). Only one investigation may be in progress at a time. If an Agent is killed during an investigation, results for that investigation only will go to a Sheriff/Deputy, if one exists at the time.
    Town Drunk (Private Eye) sinks into a happy stupor each Night near the home of one player of his/her choosing. The Drunk will be awakened by all comings and goings at that location, and will be annoyed enough to remember all the players involved.
    Pistol Packin’ Preacher (Vigilante/Protector Hybrid) may target one player each Night, but may not target any player more than once during the course of the game. Only PPP actions resulting in death will be announced in the thread.
    • An Outlaw Leader or Opium Den Proprietor will be killed outright if targeted.
    • TOWN roles will be protected from corruption and/or bribery attempts if targeted.
    • OUTLAW roles, other than an Outlaw Leader, will kill the PPP mid-sermon. Tough crowd.
    • CORRUPT roles, other than an ODP, will be “saved” and become Townspeople with no special abilities. They may keep any special items in their possession.
    Stagecoach Driver (Commuter) takes the stagecoach out of town each Night, and is therefore impervious to Night actions… unless there is a passenger aboard (see The SPECIAL ITEMS).
    Heavy-Thumbed Shopkeeper (Town Spokesman) Each Day’s hanging vote by the Heavy-Thumbed Shopkeeper count as two.
    Steely-Eyed Vigilante may try to kill one player each Night. If he/she targets a Sheriff, Deputy, or Pinkerton Agent, the Vigilante will die instead.
    Good-Natured Gambler (Town Thief) may fleece one player each Night in a friendly game of poker, taking any special items they possess.
    Simple, Honest Townsperson (aka Salt of the Earth.)
    Dance Hall Floozy (Honorary role, bestowed upon hoodie in absentia for having the best legs in Lux!)

The Bad: Possible OUTLAW Roles

All OUTLAW roles except Outlaw Leader will show as GUILTY to investigations (OUTLAW to Pinkerton or Shaman investigations). Only one of each OUTLAW role can exist at a time per gang (other than Desperado). Due to the possibility of corruption or bribery, only an Outlaw Leader will know the identities of all members of their gang at the start of the game.
  • Outlaw Leader (Godfather) may choose one gang member (including themselves) each Night to fulfill each special OUTLAW role, as long as there are sufficient OUTLAW players. May name a replacement to act as OL in the event they are killed or otherwise unable to act. There can be only one Outlaw Leader per gang..
    Gunslinger (Mafia Hitman) may be chosen each Night by the OL to attempt to kill one player. Yes, using a gun.
    Bushwhacker (Mafia Blocker) may be chosen each Night by the OL to block one player from any Night actions except voluntary item transfers.
    Bandido (Mafia Mugger) may be chosen each Night by the OL to mug one player, stealing any special items the player possesses and leaving some nasty knifework as a memento (whether they actually steal anything or not).
    Desperado (Mafia Member) is a general outlaw-type, who may be assigned to one of the three special roles by the OL… or not.

The Ugly: Possible CORRUPT Roles
Note: Opium Den Proprietor (Cult Leader) is the only CORRUPT role that *might* exist at the start of the game.
All other CORRUPT roles are assigned by the ODP at the time of attempted corruption. Only one of each CORRUPT role can exist at a time per cult (other than Minion). Corrupted players lose any abilities or items associated with their previous roles (gun, knife, etc.), but retain any special items. CORRUPT players will know the identity of the ODP who corrupted them. All CORRUPT roles except Opium Den Proprietor will show as GUILTY to investigations (CORRUPT to Pinkerton or Shaman investigations).
  • Opium Den Proprietor (Cult Leader) may try to corrupt one player to a specific CORRUPT role each night. If the ODP is killed or bribed, the Bordello Owner will assume the ODP role and receive a list of all current Cult Members. If the ODP is killed and there is no Bordello Owner, the ODP role dies with the player. If the ODP is bribed and there is no Bordello Owner, the remaining CORRUPT players will be informed.There can be only one ODP at a time.
    Bordello Owner (Cult Blocker) may block all actions directed at, and/or attempted by, one player each Night… except Pinkerton investigations. The BO may not block/protect the same player two nights in a row, and may not protect him/herself. If promoted or killed, may only be replaced by a player newly corrupted into the role.
    Light-Fingered Undertaker (Cult Thief) may appropriate all special items held by one corpse each Night. If killed, may only be replaced by a player newly corrupted into the role.
    Lazy Telegraph Operator (Cult Monkey Wrench) will block all Pinkerton investigations for one extra day. If killed, may only be replaced by a player newly corrupted into the role.
    Minion (Cult Member) is just a walking, talking, voting hunk of corruption. May not be promoted into any other CORRUPT role.

The SPECIAL ITEMS
Special items may be transferred to another player by the current owner. Unlimited use of an item is allowed, unless the description says otherwise.
  • Dr. Goodfellow’s Silk Bulletproof Vest will protect the wearer from gunshots, losing 25% of its effectiveness each time it blocks a bullet.
    Plethysmograph (Lie Detector) may be used each Night to determine whether one post in the previous Day’s thread is true or not.
    Pie Pan Full of Pyrite (Fool’s Gold) may be used to dazzle all players attempting any Night action against the owner. One time use only.
    Stagecoach Pass will allow a player to leave town overnight on the stagecoach, preventing all Night interactions with any player(s)… except the Driver. One time use only.
    Sack O’ Gold Nuggets (Million Dollars) may be used to bribe a player to join the possessor’s team. All prior role abilities and/or special items will be retained, except in the case of an Opium Den Proprietor. If an ODP is bribed, it is treated as a death. A bribery attempt is successful unless blocked by role or use of another special item. (It's an offer that can't be refused.) A failed bribery attempt takes the Sack out of play. One time use only.
    Esmeralda the Fortune Telling Machine (Magic 8 Ball) will answer one question about the game each Night… in her own fashion.
    Mrs. Lydia E. Pinkham’s Invigorating Wholesomeness Cordial will make the user immune to corruption or bribery attempts. A dose lasts one Night; a bottle contains four doses. Has no effect on players who have already been bribed or corrupted. You may not give a dose to another player while the Cordial remains in your possession, only transfer ownership of the bottle and remaining doses.

The PLAYERS

Please sign up below, or via PM.
  • 1. Mud
    2. SunTzu
    3. Shockandawe
    4. RandomGuy
    5. engie
    6. kude
    7. Odelay
    8. heartscoffee
    9. jesterme
    10. Enokrad
    11. mazza
    12. schroberts
    13. Big Will E Style
    14. SnyperEye
    15. *Manimal
    16. Rhye
    17. Capicola
    18. paranoiarodeo
    19. The Wontrob
8/9 edit... added "Rules" to the title
Last edited by The Silken Knot on Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:25 am, edited 19 times in total.

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:44 pm

A TSK game.

Aww Hell Yeah!!!

IN

SunTzu
Lux Cartographer

Post by SunTzu » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:55 pm

I'm in!

Can I be Al Swearengen?

Shockandawe
Lux Vigilante

Post by Shockandawe » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:00 pm

Of course!

engie
Lux Dynamo

Post by engie » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:54 pm

In :D

Kude
omni member

Post by Kude » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:14 pm

I'll play

Odelay
ooodelayheehoo!

Post by Odelay » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:14 pm

X__Odelay__

:smt071

heartscoffee
Lux Sweetheart

Post by heartscoffee » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:16 pm

I'm in.

jesterme
Lux Duck Lover

Post by jesterme » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:04 pm

In!

Enokrad
Dark Spawn

Post by Enokrad » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:31 pm

Sign me up Silken

mazza
Lux Sugar Daddy

Post by mazza » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:35 pm

SunTzu wrote:I'm in!

Can I be Al Swearengen?
i wanna be WU then

"swearengen.....San francisco.......c..k Sucker!!!!"

Mazza is in

Schroberts
Lux Veteran

Post by Schroberts » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:19 am

Schrob is in.

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:09 pm

I'm excited.

:D

Big Will E Style
RAW Dogger

Post by Big Will E Style » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:50 pm

I'm in boo.

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:46 pm

Game definitely on, then, with 15 players signed up so far. The more players, the more fun... sign-ups can continue until noon or so (Eastern US time) on Monday. The game will begin with Night One, Monday 7PM Eastern* ...

:D

* http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

Kude
omni member

Post by Kude » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:40 pm

first mafia game in months, and we only get 15 people? I'm sure we ccan do better than this.

mazza
Lux Sugar Daddy

Post by mazza » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:16 pm

15 aint bad considering she only posted 3 days ago Kude.......

Have we even had 15 full house games in the past 3 days?

Kude
omni member

Post by Kude » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:42 pm

When I first joined the forums, we would have 20-23 person games. We certainly could do a bit better, maybe 17 or 18.

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:02 am

No shootouts before Monday, please. :wink:

Actually, kude, since I'm a novice at this (and since Lux has been so quiet lately), I did my homework to see how many players it would take for a viable and fun game. We've averaged 17 players per game, with 22 the most ever (RandomGuy's Mafia V back in May 2008). I figure anything over 14 will work nicely, especially given the caliber of the players we've got signed up so far. More would be nice, of course.

I think it will be challenging enough for you.

∞ TSK muahahas quietly ∞

Rhye
Lux Crooner

Post by Rhye » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:31 am

To please the masses, Rhye enters the stage.

(Sign me up I suppose.)

mazza
Lux Sugar Daddy

Post by mazza » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:59 am

Thanks Ringo!! I'm sure you will be a star(r) at this game........

Kude
omni member

Post by Kude » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:23 am

go rhye!

Rhye
Lux Crooner

Post by Rhye » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:42 pm

Mazza wrote:I'm sure you will be a star(r) at this game........
:)

Capicola
Gorgeous Man

Post by Capicola » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:48 pm

I'm IN.

paranoiarodeo
Semiholy Exile

Post by paranoiarodeo » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:26 pm

Only 'cause you insisted Ms. Knot ...

∞ paranoiarodeo signs on the dotted line ∞

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:39 pm

You don't fool me for a minute, paranoiarodeo. You couldn't resist once Capi'd signed on...

:wink: