LINCOLN SAVES

Of the people, by the people, for the people, for whatevs.
Red Beard
Beard of Plenty
Location: on the playground is where i spent most of my days, chillin' all nice and relaxing all cool and

LINCOLN SAVES

Post by Red Beard » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:39 pm

This is a real movie directed by Tim Burton. I give you:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... o">ABRAHAM LINCOLN: VAMPIRE HUNTER</a>

Ridiculous and also kind of amazing.

(EDIT: More appropriate thread title.)

paranoiarodeo
Semiholy Exile

Post by paranoiarodeo » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Only thing better (not really) might be:

IRON SKY

(Premiered at the Berlin Film Festival last Saturday. Maybe Baden was there to watch?)

Rhye
Lux Crooner

Post by Rhye » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:53 pm

Now all those weirdos who claim that Hitler is still alive will have another theory....

Hitler was flown from his bunker in a giant metal spaceship and from there he was put in a Darth Vader suit so that he could live 122 years......... (This looks like a terrible movie.)

Baden
Lux Elder

Post by Baden » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:28 pm

paranoiarodeo wrote:Only thing better (not really) might be:

IRON SKY

(Premiered at the Berlin Film Festival last Saturday. Maybe Baden was there to watch?)
"Iron Sky" will start in April here. It is a movie with crazy humor of a finnish director with a lot of excellent German actors. The first reviews in the press here are friendly.

I never visited the "Berlinale". My son "K-SWISS" worked there for a British company last year but meanwhile has another profession.

Berlin is however always worth a trip. Especially if you know some prominent people of the movie or art-scene there. I was not aware for some time that Berlin (not Paris) after the reunition is the second largest European capital.

Like in Vienna there is a boost after the iron curtain fell.

Baden
Lux Elder

Post by Baden » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:50 pm

Rhye wrote:Now all those weirdos who claim that Hitler is still alive will have another theory....

Hitler was flown from his bunker in a giant metal spaceship and from there he was put in a Darth Vader suit so that he could live 122 years......... (This looks like a terrible movie.)
The old question since Chaplins "The great dictator" (1940) or Lubitsch's "To be or not to be" (1942): Are "Hitler" or the "Nazis" stuff for a comedy?

I don't think that "Iron Sky" is a production that supports "theories" of the extreme right wing. But possibly some of this scene might misunderstand since they are simply extremely dull and unintelligent.

The "intelligent" successors of the clever Nazis are still around. Worldwide. That is not a theory. The agitation of dictatorships or radical movements vs. minorities is sadly a fact we may witness daily.

WhirlPlaid
miSKAlaneous
Location: Habitual board flippers should have their dice taken away.

Post by WhirlPlaid » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:36 pm

Ok, if I am strapped in a chair with my eyelids clamped open a la Clockwork Orange and forced to watch Lincoln kill vampires or Nazi's return from the moon,

1. I hope my captures were nice enough to give me some green herbal medicine. and
2. I pray that its Lincoln in front of my eyes, cause the Nazi thing just looks a little too campy.

Drifter
Semiholy Rambler
Location: An undisclosed location... for reasons of security, and therefore... insecurity...

Re: LINCOLN SAVES

Post by Drifter » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:58 pm

Red Beard wrote:This is a real movie directed by Tim Burton. I give you:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... o">ABRAHAM LINCOLN: VAMPIRE HUNTER</a>
Heh... almost two years ago Brother toro started the thread one more reason Lincoln ROCKS about a short video called Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter and I thought it was interesting... but then yesterday at the movies I looked up and saw the poster on the wall to the movie... and now you linked to the movie. This it is more than a coincidence...

:pop

paranoiarodeo
Semiholy Exile

Post by paranoiarodeo » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:52 pm

Iron Sky is a Blitzkrieg of Boring Bad

"The promise of Iron Sky is a great and wondrous one. It’s Moon Nazis. Moon Nazis, people. Swirl it around in your mind for a moment. Those two words alone should put enough fuel in the car to get it to the theater, but with a concept like a Fourth Reich hiding on the dark side of the moon, the movie can only take one of two paths. Sadly, all too sadly, it takes a wrong turn and ends up riding the highway all the way into the city dump at the end of it. Stupid, cheap and aiming above its IQ, this movie is the bad kind of garbage."

(Oh well. There's always Starship Troopers.)

Baden
Lux Elder

Post by Baden » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:51 pm

Film Festival Shocker (...)
Movie About Nazis in Space Gets Laughs in Berlin (...)The comedy 'Iron Sky' has proved a surprise hit at the Berlin Film Festival.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/zei ... 02,00.html

paranoiarodeo
Semiholy Exile

Post by paranoiarodeo » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:16 pm

SPIEGEL: Confessions of a German David Hasselhoff Fan

(At least you Germans can afford to be weird, unlike the rest of Europe.)

blackj3sus
Lux Messiah

Post by blackj3sus » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:23 pm