Fun

Synchronized-turns strategy. Calling all teamers.
jesterme
Lux Duck Lover

Fun

Post by jesterme » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:30 am

I am trying to get into this more, and actually use the battle odds calculator to help me make smarter moves. This is a bit more tricky than Lux, and making friends will be difficult but rewarding I think.

There are already some good groups/teams out there. Please be patient while I learn online and I apologize for using the wrong strategy.

J

mentor09
Luxer

Re: Fun

Post by mentor09 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:03 am

jesterme wrote:I am trying to get into this more, and actually use the battle odds calculator to help me make smarter moves. This is a bit more tricky than Lux, and making friends will be difficult but rewarding I think.

There are already some good groups/teams out there. Please be patient while I learn online and I apologize for using the wrong strategy.

J
no worries, Jester. To learn is ok, maybe You will understand it soon what we are talking about.

doc is _extremely_ impatient, but for example in Roman Empire I explained what will happen very early (see round12) in open chat and you did not care much about it. doc and me were discussing several hours about it and I opened my countries to make you sure I'd not attack there. Instead of taking south Italy and Carthage you decided to backstab me - That's why I paid back for that. Mark relized he would die if he did not attack spain. You did not pull back to a secure place but kept harrassing me so the Carthagians had it easy to block us in the north and push back Mark. IMO it was too early for Mark to surrender at this stage but I can fully understand. Meanwhile we are in round 128 and it turns out to be exactly like I told ya in turn 12.

I suggest playing in a little team with strong partners and you will learn much of it. But take the advice and do not ignore even strage appearing messages, your game will definetely improve then...

jesterme
Lux Duck Lover

Post by jesterme » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:05 pm

First, I should have chosen to play on the Barbarians to learn how the game goes down I admit that, but I just chose to play and was assigned a player.

Second, if I would have suicided into blue, the barbarians would have run all over me. I was content to just marathon and hold my income, but I made a mistake and tried to push the borders out a bit. I thought I could defend them but obviously missed a huge hole in my borders.

mentor09
Luxer

Post by mentor09 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:44 pm

jesterme wrote:First, I should have chosen to play on the Barbarians to learn how the game goes down I admit that, but I just chose to play and was assigned a player.

Second, if I would have suicided into blue, the barbarians would have run all over me. I was content to just marathon and hold my income, but I made a mistake and tried to push the borders out a bit. I thought I could defend them but obviously missed a huge hole in my borders.
Suicide is never a solution, but you had 200+ troups standing there and there were no forces in italy since they lined up against brown in northern italy. Even if you were unable to take carthage (actually he could not hold it) hitting southern italy was essential. if he went down to strike you back what do you think would have happend in northern italy ? Right, brown starts to poke him as well. Players with biggest income and most troups must get hurt or they win easily.