Hello Luxtopia!

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
Owned
Lux Veteran
Location: Lair of Bane watching Schro put Symbi into tight attire

Hello Luxtopia!

Post by Owned » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:35 pm

Hey guys and girls!

I have been working at a summer camp for the last three months and that explains my extreme absence. I can see that we are not in the best place right now and maybe I can help with that, maybe not. I'm going to make some time to be active in the forums and in games so you will be seeing me around. Let's have some fun where we can and work on the deeper issues of lux along the way.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions or concerns.

Owned

RogueMonk
Lux Addict

Re: Hello Luxtopia!

Post by RogueMonk » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:12 pm

Owned
Lux Veteran

Post by Owned » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:35 pm

Really starting off strong :D But yes I was gone and I'm gonna take it as a positive thing that you didn't notice!

Naraku
Lux Demon

Post by Naraku » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:08 pm

wow you're both such pussified cowards!
I hate you both for it!

WTF is your problem with me Owned?
SToP deleting or altering my f@wking posts! That's my JOB!

WHY CAN'T I MASS MESSAGE CASTLE BANE STILL!???
what just going to murder that tournament next year too?

you're all such pathetic jokers.

@ least when I kid I'm friggin hysterical. this sad mockery of lux is super uber lame!

FIX IT PLS! :smt049 :llama :panic: :lincoln: :globe :scooter

does the map lab still work? or are they all to busy being boring?

Llama LluxaLlot
Llux Lliaison

Post by Llama LluxaLlot » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:21 pm

OH MY FARGING GOSH YOU THINK WE R GOIN TO FALL FOR THAT BULLSCHITT THAT YOU WANT TO UM PLAY .. Um I mean.... YOU THINK THAT SHOWING UP HERE AND DOING STUFF IS GOIN TO MAKE UP FOR US ASKING THAT SOMEONE SHOW UP AND DO STUFF?

YOU'VE GOT SOME FRACKIN NERVE YOU ...um... Thanks?

:shock:

Shockandawe
Lux Vigilante

Post by Shockandawe » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:06 am

wait.... you're supposed to be funny?

Now where the hell did that sarcasm font go.

Oh.... welcome back Owned. :)

Naraku
Lux Demon

Post by Naraku » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:09 am

plus you deleted LUX RADIO!!?!?! DUSTIN HOW COULD YOU!

guess I'll just have to hobble together my own means of transmission AGAIN! :panic:

Dangerous Beans
oO0-0Oo-oO0-0Oo

Post by Dangerous Beans » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:02 am

Like a Mafia transmission?

Symbiosis
Lux Solicitor

Post by Symbiosis » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:38 am

para is... subject to many personal jabs which don't result in thread locks

Owned
Lux Veteran

Post by Owned » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:24 pm

Naraku... You cannot use that sort of language or attack on these forums. Nothing against you personally. If anyone posts like that I will delete/edit the post.

I just checked into the MapLab yesterday and test played War on IsiL. I will be working on a write up for you soon, so give me some time.

mnemosyne
titaness

Post by mnemosyne » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:54 pm

can we please be consistent in applying the 'delete all personal attacks' initiative? otherwise, it seems like a double standard, and applied only to people that always seem to get singled out.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=27093

oh, and btw, wb owned. hope you had a nice summer. still looking for you in gameplay . . .

m

:catrun

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:34 pm

I think we mocked Camaro into submission in that thread, and I'm not sure it was so much a personal attack as a challenge on the battlefield, but maybe TSK can chime in if she felt attacked?

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:12 am

I can't really remember. Maybe you should disenfranchise him just to be on the safe side, Owned?

:curtsey

Owned
Lux Veteran

Post by Owned » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:23 am

I think going back that far when I wasn't around is a bit out of line, at least without request. ∞ Owned shrugs... ∞

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:57 am

Disenfranchise, not suspend, pumpkin. He can't really do any damage Luxing after all...I wouldn't worry about that.

:smt077

And welcome back :smt058

Owned
Lux Veteran

Post by Owned » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:48 am

Oh sorry, that was directed at mnemo! I figured you would know that I knew that you knew that I knew yours was a joke :P

mnemosyne
titaness

Post by mnemosyne » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:40 am

naraku's original post that you chose to delete was aug. 10-11 (who really knows b/c it was unilaterally and permanently deleted from the jedi archives). you announced you were back on aug. 13 at which point, your first official act was to delete naraku's earlier post (and also lock a thread sharing mostly positive commentary about para that was also rebooted before you 'were back'). i guess there is a statue of limitations about how far back you are willing to go (or it simply proves, once and for all, einstein's theory of relativity).

if you and/or the mod 'squad' are okay with people calling tsk a witch in the fora, i guess there is nothing much we can do about that. we have tried to address the gendered double standard in other threads, but it has fallen on non-listening ears . . .

∞ /me shrugs back ... ∞

m (aka social d 2500 . . . the end is near!)

Owned
Lux Veteran

Post by Owned » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:06 am

I had checked in with the mod squad and we were of the consensus that the thread should be locked and Naraku's post deleted. I happened to be online and make the decision to do so myself. I mentioned that the thread had devolved because it once was an honorary thread, however that thread had been around for a long time and I figured if anyone had something meaningful to say they had already done it. Sometimes locking helps protect the past as much as the present.

As for the double standard... I have no idea if camaro was joking or if the joke is appropriate, I was not around for the context. If TSK or anyone is offended by that post I can edit it out. I believe I have discussed this on these fora before, but I will not always pick up on sexist undertones because I am male and it is much harder for me. I am willing to do my best to help you all out, but sometimes that means you all have to help me too. :D

Shockandawe
Lux Vigilante

Post by Shockandawe » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:21 am

If someone can't handle being called a witch maybe the internet isn't for them.

Seriously.

Marauder
Midnight Luxer

Post by Marauder » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:27 pm

Maybe people should appreciate that someone/anyone still mods here. Just sayin'.

mnemosyne
titaness

Post by mnemosyne » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:19 pm

for somebody whose last game was on feb. 6, 2016, and whose only contribution to the lux community is making snarky comments in the fora to active players who occasionally post here . . .

maybe lux isn't for them . . .

seriously :smt019

as for the other post from a player (for whom i had and still have tremendous respect) whose last game was june 8, 2014 (or dec. 25, 2015 under a different avatar), please don't overlook the fact that i started the 'mod of the month' award earlier this year, but stopped giving the award when we ran out of active mods. i continue to deeply appreciate all that our mod squad has done and continues to do with little to no support. your underlying point is well taken, mara . . .

just sayin' :smt018

if *some* people would stop trolling the fora and active players, and instead log on and play a few games from time to time, maybe there wouldn't be so many sour grapes, and we could start rebuilding some semblance of a community.

as for the issue itself, all i ask for is that if the mod squad is going to start deleting/modifying/sanctioning personal attacks in the fora (something that i actually support), there is some consistency.

owned's response is reasonable enough (i.e. he lacks 'context'), and tsk's non-reaction was/is graceful as is her usual m.o. it is all too convenient, though, to ignore the history of the word (itself an unwarranted ad hominem attack). we used to imprison, torture, rape, drown, and burn women whom the mob deemed 'witches.' it seems that the mob mentality hasn't evolved too far for *some* . . .

lantern has already pointed out that i am way past my forum posting quota for the year, so this message finds me . . .

over and out

m

Shockandawe
Lux Vigilante

Post by Shockandawe » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:10 pm

Eh, you could have deleted several of Camaro's posts during that short stint. He made far worse offenses elsewhere... directly targeting plane crazy for one. (seriously off the deep end)

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=27106

The "witch" thread could simply have been deleted for it's pointlessness. Taken in context with his other posts where he directly attacks plane crazy his calling TSK a witch could have been viewed as a threat, but not an insult.

You can't go around deleting everything that someone might find offensive, but it is usually very obvious when someone has gone to far.

Shockandawe
Lux Vigilante

Post by Shockandawe » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:14 pm

Shockandawe wrote:Eh, you could have deleted several of Camaro's posts during that short stint. He made far worse offenses elsewhere... directly targeting plane crazy for one. (seriously off the deep end)

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=27106

The "witch" thread could simply have been deleted for it's pointlessness. Taken in context with his other posts where he directly attacks plane crazy his calling TSK a witch could have been viewed as a threat, but not an insult.

You can't go around deleting everything that someone might find offensive, but it is usually very obvious when someone has gone to far.
I don't expect mods to catch everything or to be around 24/7. They are volunteers with lives of their own.

Not to mention that of the people left you have moderators who no longer wish to be mods and as far as I can tell those who haven't been mods yet have no business being one now.