USA Election '16

Of the people, by the people, for the people, for whatevs.

Who will you vote for this Novermber in the United States of America Presidental contest?

1 - Trump - Republican Party
24%
2 - Hillary Clinton - Democratic Party
29%
3 - Bernie Sanders - Independent/Caucuses with Democratic Party in the senate
24%
4- Gary Johnson - Libertarian Party
10%
5 - Jill Stein - Green Party
5%
6 - Other
No votes
7 - None of the above
5%
8 - Staying home rather than vote in this circus!
5%

Total votes: 21

Symbiosis
Lux Solicitor

Re: USA Election '16

Post by Symbiosis » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:13 pm

First past the post... or, you know, sometimes second past the post.

"The documentation consists of statistical graphs analyzing data from five presidential cycles, as well as off-year races from across the country. The data illustrates that there are unusually large discrepancies between small precinct and large precinct election returns, and noticeable differences between hand-counted and machine-counted precinct results.

"In our research we examined the election results of the 2016 presidential primaries, and found irregularities in the overwhelming majority of the twenty-one states that we analyzed. The data indicates, in particular, that the totals reported on the Democratic side in the race between Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders may not be correct. In state after state, independent examination by two separate analysts found suspect statistical patterns giving Clinton inflated percentages, that in all likelihood, are not fully based on actual votes, and showing Sanders with what appear to be artificially depressed totals."

If you dabble in statistics you'll see that it's as good as proof of manipulated elections.

imapickle
is a pickle

Post by imapickle » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:43 pm

They did to Sanders what they are trying to do to Jeremy Corbin in the UK, for much the same reasons presumably.

Naraku
Lux Demon

Post by Naraku » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:41 pm

*Fistbump* V V :smt109 :lincoln: :llama :globe :scooter :castle Where is everyone else's vote in this poll? only 14 luxers left alive?
:smt023 :scooter

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:53 pm

So you still planning on writing in Bernie?

Naraku
Lux Demon

Post by Naraku » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:54 pm

Probably so! Best man for the job as far as I could tell! Maybe G Johnson if he stops being such an absent minded professor... :lol:

imapickle
is a pickle

Post by imapickle » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:34 pm

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:10 pm

I have to say, Q, no matter how much I dislike Clinton, Trump has demonstrated beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is UNFIT to be president; it has nothing to do with his policy positions (which I don't believe he even has). To that extent, if I lived in a Swing state, I WOULD vote for Clinton as no matter how corrupt she is, at least she had studied the job long enough to at least APPEAR competent.

As New Jersey is going to go to the Democrats no matter what I do, I feel comfortable making my protest vote for Gary Johnson (who continues to demonstrate how low the bar is set with his own ignorance). But if I were in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida or one of the other 3-5 states where our votes might actually count for shit, I'd be voting for Hillary...

Symbiosis
Lux Solicitor

Post by Symbiosis » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:44 pm

I want to vote for a potato, to truly use my worthless Democrat-anyway Massachusetts vote for its maximum protest value.

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:25 am

Symbiosis wrote:I want to vote for a potato, to truly use my worthless Democrat-anyway Massachusetts vote for its maximum protest value.
Ah. So you ALSO like Gary Johnson!

Symbiosis
Lux Solicitor

Post by Symbiosis » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:57 am

I just had a potato moment :lol:

Shockandawe
Lux Vigilante

Post by Shockandawe » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:08 am

Hey! Just skip the reasoning and make a potato your write in candidate.

Our most potentially delicious president yet!

sasquatch
Semiholy Beast

Post by sasquatch » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:55 am

“It comes from a very ancient democracy, you see..."
"You mean, it comes from a world of lizards?"
"No," said Ford, who by this time was a little more rational and coherent than he had been, having finally had the coffee forced down him, "nothing so simple. Nothing anything like so straightforward. On its world, the people are people. The leaders are lizards. The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford. "It is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them," said Ford. "They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates to the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards?"
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard," said Ford, "the wrong lizard might get in. Got any gin?"
"What?"
"I said," said Ford, with an increasing air of urgency creeping into his voice, "have you got any gin?"
"I'll look. Tell me about the lizards."
Ford shrugged again.
"Some people say that the lizards are the best thing that ever happenned to them," he said. "They're completely wrong of course, completely and utterly wrong, but someone's got to say it."
"But that's terrible," said Arthur.
"Listen, bud," said Ford, "if I had one Altairian dollar for every time I heard one bit of the Universe look at another bit of the Universe and say 'That's terrible' I wouldn't be sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.”

― Douglas Adams, So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:00 pm

Could not be more perfect. Thanks for posting it, O Hairy One.

Naraku
Lux Demon

Post by Naraku » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:13 am

I think all the politicians have finally corrupted all their inner demons and are running amok & trampling the rights of the USA & UN charters/constitutions... I propose an entirely NEW World Orders!
I'm just wondering what is taking the "elected officials" to reach the exact same conclusion!
How many TTP's or trade unions does our world really need? couldn't we just replace them all with 1 simple to use currency by now?
I think the Euro, Yen, Rubble, Pound, & Dollar are the Thalers of the past 2k years when the world didn't shatter...
How about maybe a New Yen or Zen symbol? Paypal or bitcoin?
I wrote a song about it maybe I should make a 4th poll for the election season?

Like a Zazzy Spice exchange? :smt109 :llama

Centrico
Luxer

Post by Centrico » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:15 pm

I fully intended to vote for Harambe the Gorilla...

You know the dead one?

But now that Madonna is promising blow jobs to everyone that voted for Hillary I might have to reconsider!

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/ ... ve-blowjb/

Drifter
Semiholy Rambler
Location: An undisclosed location... for reasons of security, and therefore... insecurity...

Post by Drifter » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:26 pm

Yea, Madonna openly offering hummers the other day is fine, but when a recording made years ago surfaces the main stream media suddenly transforms into a bunch of puritans who've never heard such a thing... :roll:

(BTW... Trump was a liberal Democrat when the recording was made)

Centrico
Luxer

Post by Centrico » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:36 pm

Drifter wrote:Yea, Madonna openly offering hummers the other day is fine, but when a recording made years ago surfaces the main stream media suddenly transforms into a bunch of puritans who've never heard such a thing... :roll:

(BTW... Trump was a liberal Democrat when the recording was made)
I agree with you, both these candidates suck, either way it goes America is about to get their worse president ever IMHO.

sasquatch
Semiholy Beast

Post by sasquatch » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:27 am

Trump dropped by western Colorado a few days ago for a visit and here is an article from The New Yorker about my 'hood. I live about 30 minutes from the town of Delta which is mentioned in the first paragraph...
MAKING PEACE WITH TRUMP’S REVOLUTIONARIES

:pop

Drifter
Semiholy Rambler
Location: An undisclosed location... for reasons of security, and therefore... insecurity...

Post by Drifter » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:28 pm

On the plus side, since Madonna made the offer Bill said he finally has a good reason to vote for Hillary...

Shockandawe
Lux Vigilante

Post by Shockandawe » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:40 pm

The popular photo of Trump being prayed with was taken in my church. Just so happened I was in Florida the same weekend. Kind of wish I would have been there.

Naraku
Lux Demon

Post by Naraku » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:38 pm

I think that everyone should support "da Pirate Party!!!" Lions, tigers, Monkee's, bears, cubs & real family & friends!!!
Vote your conscience just like i've been telling everyone FOREVA!!! wtf is taking everyone else so long to figure this crap out?

Mike
Lux Townie

Post by Mike » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:28 pm

To my UK friends here - is it too late for the US to rejoin the Commonwealth?

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:08 pm

Mike wrote:To my UK friends here - is it too late for the US to rejoin the Commonwealth?
Too late! They already Brexited. :panic:
In fact most of them are secretly hoping we elect Trump so that they look less dumb in comparison