Luxtoberfest side issues - charting a way forward'

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
gypsymystyc
Forum Newbie

Re: October 17-19th :: Roman Renaissance

Post by gypsymystyc » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:59 pm

man has this game ever gone to shit. only have a handful of players that care to come around, and now were shutting down the only rooms they care to play in. well done

gypsymystyc
Forum Newbie

Post by gypsymystyc » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:25 pm

who the fuk knew there was a "tourney" happening anyway. great job of creating some excitement, what a joke

George874
Lux Surveyor

Post by George874 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:40 pm

Yes, Gypsy.......................

It's totally DISGUSTING what this guy has done here.

I actually even tried to play in HIS ROMAN tournament,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and won two games,,,,,,,,,, and came in 2nd in the other.

Low and behold ,,,,,,,,, THE DICK made sure that I was NOT even shown on the leaderboard.................

WHAT A SCHMUCK,,,,,,,,, LIKE I SAID ,,,,,,,, HE DON'T CARE AT ALL FOR THIS SITE. ALL HE IS DOING IS SUCKING AS MUCH MONEY AS HE CAN OUT OF ANYONE THAT IS WILLING TO LINE HIS POCKETS !!!!!!!

AGAIN,,,, DUSTIN,,, WHY DELETE ME,,,,,,,,,,,, JUST BECAUSE I BARK AT YOU,,,,,,,,, TOTALLY DISGUSTING.

George874
Lux Surveyor

Post by George874 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:42 pm

Lux Delux online games for: George874
Game (#1980069) finished October 18th 2016 4:48 PM using map Roman Empire II hosted by Europa. The game lasted for 7 minutes. The starting position was initial countries random, initial armies random. Cards were set at 5, 10 ^5% transfer cards on conquer was ON, immediate cash was ON. Continent bonuses went up by 15% each round NFTCB. The turn timer was set to 30s.
Name Position Rounds Lasted Raw Change New Raw Value
George874 1 7 +26 514
GFips 2 7 +5 544
Killbot 3 6 +9 469
Boscoe 4 6 0 449
BDF 5 5 -21 591
Quo 6 4 -5 451

Game (#1980042) finished October 17th 2016 9:49 PM using map Roman Empire II hosted by Europa. The game lasted for 7 minutes. The starting position was initial countries random, initial armies random. Cards were set at 5, 10 ^5% transfer cards on conquer was ON, immediate cash was ON. Continent bonuses went up by 15% each round NFTCB. The turn timer was set to 30s.
crazygreens 1 8 +12 539
George874 2 8 +6 488
Killbot 3 7 +6 450
Foot Fault 4 6 -7 542
Quo 5 5 -2 458
Boscoe 6 5 -5 443

Game (#1980041) finished October 17th 2016 9:41 PM using map Roman Empire II hosted by Europa. The game lasted for 6 minutes. The starting position was initial countries random, initial armies random. Cards were set at 5, 10 ^5% transfer cards on conquer was ON, immediate cash was ON. Continent bonuses went up by 15% each round NFTCB. The turn timer was set to 30s.
George874 1 8 +6 482
crazygreens 2 8 0 527
Killbot 3 6 +3 444
Boscoe 4 6 0 448
Quo 5 6 -1 460
EvilPixie 6 5 -3 471

George874
Lux Surveyor

Post by George874 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:44 pm

HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT TO BET, THAT THESE POSTS ARE DELETED BY THE TIME I STOP BACK , TO CHECK IN.

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:54 pm

Maybe it's scored like golf?

:smt077

George874
Lux Surveyor

Post by George874 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:30 am

Yea, TSK,,,, your right.

But, I just don't understand why, when you try to discuss things, HE just ignores you.

He tries to pretend that he is one of the guys,,,,,,,,,,,, but, then talks to everyone in a condescending way, and states that he has other things in his life to attend to.

It just astounds me that he does NOT care about the thing that has made his life easy.

Sooner or later he will realize, that , just because he got lucky with one silly game and made lots of money of it............. that it does NOT make his life worth anything unless he does something more substantial,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, than, burning some men.

But, I'm only 60 ,,,,,,,,,,,, and DUSTIN knows a lot more than all of us.

GFips
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by GFips » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:53 am

Well George, it says: only games with at least 4 humans count towards the tourney. I think, that is why these games are not on the leadernboard.
BUT: you definitly won a Imperium Romanum Expletus Full House game i was in ( i bet everyone can remeber this nearly never ending marathon). This game is not displayed at all and is also not shown in the played games history - very strange ...
there seems to be some problems with the tracker. Dustin you should check this soon!

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:03 am

Roman Tournament came from a request from Luxers for Roman event in Luxtoberfest. Tournaments are setup for you guys. If you don't like em, sorry!

I was able to rescue the FH game that was lost, with George874's win:
http://sillysoft.net/lux/rankings/game/1980088

Only games with 4 humans or more count on the scoreboard for this tourney. Beating the bots won't win it.

I made a tweak so less games should be lost, and easier to restore them if it does happen.

Roman Renaissance will be going till end of the day on the 19th (EST). I'll turn the rest of the rooms back on before that, at mid-day...

:smt109 :geek :llama

RogueMonk
Lux Addict

Post by RogueMonk » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:23 am

Shockandawe
Lux Vigilante

Post by Shockandawe » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:53 am

Didn't know there were tournaments going on? Maybe the fact that it's October would give you at least an idea that something is going to be happening.

Probably kind of hard to generate excitement when half of your current player base seems to irrationally hate you for just existing.

You might be 60, but you seem to enjoy behaving like a child. I bet you aren't even man enough to apologize now that you know your third game didn't count.

There was one legitimate issue brought up in this thread and Dustin has managed to fix it and hopefully improve it....

...but fuck Dustin am I right?

imapickle
is a pickle

Post by imapickle » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:58 am

^^
I agree with all of the above.

Naraku
Lux Demon

Post by Naraku » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:01 am

Why are all the rooms but the Arena locked up again? wtf!!?!?!? are you some sort of zombie or ghoula addict?
Why not let the players decide what maps they want for a real change?!!?!
and where is the 4th edition apoclux edition tournament!!! I mean are you this stuck on your stoneage ways! you old flamming queen! :smt077 :llama :globe

RogueMonk
Lux Addict

Post by RogueMonk » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:08 pm

Shockandawe wrote:...but fuck Dustin am I right?
Be careful with your personal attacks!

GFips
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by GFips » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:34 pm

Yes - maybe the tournament wasn't announced well enough and it could have got more focus on the website. But if people find time to post several posts each day, they cannot tell me, they did not read about the tournament in the forums. Luxtober is and was a major part of Luxtopia in October over the years ... it was also mentioned in the newsletter that was sent out. That sometimes "ghost games" happen was fact over years and yes it is frustrating for the players who are involved, but Dustin restored that game and it counts correctly toward the tourney score now.

I personally cannot understand, why people complain so much about the fact that Bio rooms are shut off for 2 days. It is not the end of life! They will be up soon again. Either try one of the roman maps in the meantime or if you really don't want to give them a try, then hell, use that 2 free days for something other in real life! (and: bio addicted players still can host some private organized games by themself - they just won't appear on the tracker for these 2 days, but you could change ip-adresses by pm and play)
@Naraku: May i remember you, that you yourself started a thread "Boycott Bio!!!" in march?

Yes, it really sucks when games crashes. This needs fixing and the sooner the better. Yes, many other things are also not perfect here and there are still many many things to do, but i have somehow the feeling, that some you blame everything just because of blind hate against dustin and the system. But Personal insults usually won't help to improve anything and just further heat the situation. Please keep up criticizing things that are wrong, but please do it in a propriate and objectively way, so that it can help to improve things.

Now i hope to see you all in some fun games! I really enjoy this game and the community. Lets have fun with what we have! It is still a great fun game. So lets lux :-)

gypsymystyc
Forum Newbie

Post by gypsymystyc » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:30 pm

I don't think most of us check the forums. Even the tracker makes no mention of the fact that these are "tourney" games, aside from a link to the leaderboard which I'd never noticed. I forgot this was usually LuxtoBer! Oh well

hoodie
Burning Man

Post by hoodie » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:31 pm

This isn't just about lux. It applies to lux, it also applies to life.

When a contingent of people want to show how horrible something is, then sabotage it with negativity and intransigence, then claim to somehow be on a higher ground because LOOK! they were RIGHT! look how bad this is!... that's not being right. It's just being destructive.

I look in from time to time. I care what happens here. I don't avoid the place because of Dustin. Every time he doesn't attempt something, he gets dumped on. Every time he tries something, he gets dumped on. I hope he's able to right the ship, I wouldn't blame him if he walked away.

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:53 pm

Come play, hoodie! Tournament or not...

I think we should look at the context here. For years, Preacherman, Snype, et. al. - and later paranoiarodeo- knocked themselves out to provide spectacular Luxtoberfests with active hosting. We may be a little spoiled, but this year my Luxtoberfest experience has been crashed hosts that sit frozen for hours, delayed starts with no explanation or rescheduling without multiple polite proddings from mnemo, and so on. I've actively tried not to carry disappointment into the rooms with me, but I also can't fault those who do.

And I have to say it: people who are not participating or visiting the game rooms might have a skewed perception of the whole.

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:33 pm

P.S. - You're not 60 yet, George, you date-fudger!

:P

Shockandawe
Lux Vigilante

Post by Shockandawe » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:28 pm

I would suggest that those who continue to hound dustin and launch verbal attacks consider the idea that at some point Dustin may just decide that online functionality isn't worth the headache caused by those who occupy it.

He will update and fix things as he can or wants to. I'm guessing he's not the sort of person to sit in front of a computer 24/7 like para.

He has a life to live and I suggest that you start respecting that.

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:44 pm

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:04 pm

I think you're being a little hard on Shocky there, dustin...

RogueMonk
Lux Addict

Post by RogueMonk » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:04 pm

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:26 pm

Not for shock - I love that guy :smt023

But it does seem like there's a couple people who just love to complain and call names. Trump is setting a bad example for the youth (and the 60 year olds too).

:smt019

Shockandawe
Lux Vigilante

Post by Shockandawe » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:30 pm

:smt109

Hey Rogue. How about you post up an actual opinion or something worthwhile. Then again. You might just end up with your argument left in pieces...

...just like everyone else.

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:02 pm

Oh, dustin.

To the best of my knowledge, you didn't ask Luxers at large for suggestions for Luxtoberfest 13, and ignored those that were made after you posted the schedule as a fait accompli. If Bean, the Mod Who Never Was, asked for Roman maps... I hardly think you can pull that out as a consensus of active Luxers. George and Rogue may be acting out, but neither Shock nor hoodie have any valid recent experience of the online Lux community. So why on earth do you treat their posts as more valid than questions posed to you in a reasonable tone by actual, current online Luxers (i.e., mnemo)?

Shockandawe
Lux Vigilante

Post by Shockandawe » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:23 pm

The Silken Knot wrote:Oh, dustin.

To the best of my knowledge, you didn't ask Luxers at large for suggestions for Luxtoberfest 13, and ignored those that were made after you posted the schedule as a fait accompli. If Bean, the Mod Who Never Was, asked for Roman maps... I hardly think you can pull that out as a consensus of active Luxers. George and Rogue may be acting out, but neither Shock nor hoodie have any valid recent experience of the online Lux community. So why on earth do you treat their posts as more valid than questions posed to you in a reasonable tone by actual, current online Luxers (i.e., mnemo)?
If you're going to sit here and try to convince me that player interaction has changed in any way since I've stopped playing you're kidding yourself.

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:25 pm

But how would you know, Shocky? One of us is certainly fooling themselves. Maybe both!

So come play!

:D

Shockandawe
Lux Vigilante

Post by Shockandawe » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:35 pm

The Silken Knot wrote:You would have no way of knowing, would you? One of us is certainly fooling themselves.

So come play!

:D
You will not belittle me and attempt to justify George and Rogue's behavior and then play it off in such a way.

You want to cast me in such a shadow then it's time to look in the mirror. If, according to you, I am no longer up to date with this online community then you are responsible for what is happening.

You, whom are apart of the online community, refuse to stand up to those that can't control themselves.

You, whom are apart of the online community, refuse to hear the answers that Dustin has given.

and you allow this to spill into the forums because you do not stand up to it.

I don't need to go online because I can see right here in front of me that nothing has ever changed.

It's never going to be good enough.

Centrico
Luxer

Post by Centrico » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:45 pm

The Silken Knot wrote:Oh, dustin.

/me is hanging on every word of your masterful argument