Lux Alliance version 1.6 visual updates!

Synchronized-turns strategy. Calling all teamers.
dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Lux Alliance version 1.6 visual updates!

Post by dustin » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:53 pm

Lux Alliance 1.6 update is now available!

Lux Alliance 1.6 includes a variety of visual enhancements. Movement arrows have been re-designed for more clarity and beauty. A visual battle display has been added, showing which units are involved and how the battle rounds resolve. Conquering and building of HQs has been animated, along with other visual improvements!

The backtick key (`) has been added as an 'all-but-one' mod-key during army movements. It's close to the number keys, which can be used for quickly dividing armies (holding the 1 key moves a whole stack, holding the 2 key moves half the stack, etc).

We're hosting online game rooms using a variety of maps including Capture The Flag (CTF) variants. Click the 'Network Games' button to see the list of online games. Most online games of Lux Alliance have a 24-hour or longer timer, which allows you to take 1 turn a day in an ongoing strategic war.

Lux Alliance now also includes tool-tip hints giving danger levels for all front-line territories. It basically tells you the probable results of an all-in battle there. It ranges from 'Extreme Danger' to 'Extremely Defendable'. Anything in Danger level or above would lose an all-in battle from both sides.

We have more fun stuff planned for Lux Alliance as we continue to move towards a release on the Steam platform. We're going to be experimenting with maps that allow more unit types next... Your feedback and suggestions are always welcomed.

New Lux Alliance Map: Medieval Battles-Agincourt
The Battle of Agincourt was a major event in the Hundred Years' War. Now you can re-create the scene within a 2v2 team map for Lux Alliance. A CTF variant of the map is also available. Find this new map in the Map Manager inside Lux Alliance.

:shield :lincoln: :shield

mbauer
Not A Truck

Re: Lux Alliance version 1.6 visual updates!

Post by mbauer » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:43 pm

Bug report:

Running Mac OS 10.12.4
When I quit the program the window closes but the program is still running, the only way I can get it to close is to alt+click on the dock icon and "Force Quit."

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:33 pm

This happens when you're still in network games. There's an option in the preferences to turn this behaviour off. I should probably default it to off.

mbauer
Not A Truck

Post by mbauer » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:18 pm

Oh look at that! Sorry, didn't notice that. The last version asked me so I assumed the window was being hidden or something.