POLL: Restart of FH games when players leave

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.

A player has left a FH game. What shall be done in that situation?

Poll ended at Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:25 pm

NEVER EVER restart a FH game for any reason (this should be prevented by the system)
67%
ALWAYS RESTART for more humans instead of finishing the game with bots
33%
RESTART but not on Sunday during the chase
No votes
(ONLY) THE GUEST HOST should decide depending on the situation wheather to restart or not (= keep it as it is)
No votes
GUEST HOST should be allowed to restart, but only if the majorty of the involved players agree in chat
No votes
(RE-) ENABLE THE /TRANSFER switch again to transfer the player left to another human, but finish the game
No votes
I DON'T CARE at all
No votes
OTHER SUGGESTION (please explain in the thread your solution)
No votes

Total votes: 3

GFips
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

POLL: Restart of FH games when players leave

Post by GFips » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:25 pm

Given situation (happening nearly all day and there are many complains about it):

There was just beginning a new Full-House (FH) game, but at least one player left during the first turns for some reason.
Other guests are waiting to play and are requesting a restart.
What should happen in that case? Should this game be restartet or finished with bots?

Actually the guest host has to decide wheather to restart that game or not.
Not quite satisfying in my oppinion (if the guest host has a bad start he will likely restart, if he has a good starting rather not. In addition some new players even don't know what a guest host is).

We get very often reports about either action of the guest host and I often see people getting rude in chat versus the guest host. So I think there should be some clarification. Even past and present mods did not have the same oppinion and unfortunately this was handled different over the years.

Some basic thoughts about it:

pro restart:
- the game would go on with bots while humans want to to play, but cannot
- playing with humans is more fun than with a bot
- if other humans don't want to wait, the room might go down from a FH to an empty room and the room is "killed"
- the overtaking bot might ruin others games by a silly move

pro finishing with bots:
- a restart would reward players leaving just because of a bad start or bad dice in the first turns
- players consequently quitting games (quitters) should not be rewarded
- a restart would drop out people who just loose the connection for some reason and want to return again

I am sure there are much more pros and cons. Please contribute! Thank you everybody for participating the poll!

I have added one Option - SORRY I was not aware that adding one option kills the existing votes:
SO PLEASE RE-SUBMIT YOUR VOTE

There were so far:
4x NEVER EVER restart
1x (ONLY) THE GUEST HOST should decide
2x (RE-) ENABLE THE /TRANSFER switch again to transfer the player left to another human, but finish the game
Last edited by GFips on Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: added one option after a players suggestion ...

Bean
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Re: POLL: Restart of FH games when players leave

Post by Bean » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:36 pm

My thought is there is no credibility to the RAW chase and so the issue is much less significant than many make it out to be. If it's a short map, sure, just wait so folks don't have to lose three turns and the new humans can wait 5 or 10 min without suffering. The community of players is small so get humans in whenever possible if the games are taking longer and making people wait.

king size
Luxer

Re: POLL: Restart of FH games when players leave

Post by king size » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:13 am

I think you should always restart in that case, anyway the guest host should have no power to decide in any case. mandatory restart or forbidden restart are the best options but I vote for mandatory restart.