Cheating, Trolling, and Lux

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
mnemosyne
titaness

Cheating, Trolling, and Lux

Post by mnemosyne » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:58 pm

since mods can check ip addresses when we join games, can one of the mods please check games between myself and frank549, and finally stop the griefing troll big will e style? please publicly post what you find here: is big will e style's wild conspiracy theory correct (i.e. are these dual accounts that play from the same ip address?), or is it totally baseless? i assure you it is the latter. check every single game i have played as far back as the records go. i mean, these were the years that para was watching ip addresses and multiregs like a hawk in all of his hosts, and he never saw anything to confirm this. i played frank549 (and rottenboy and tazzygirl) in a lot of games when i first signed up for lux in 2008 (mostly roman empire ii), but that is all there is. i enjoyed playing him because he was not one of typical hotheads who was constantly berating others in chat (like big will e style; a few others comes to mind, too). in fact, he doesn't chat at all, lol. these allegations do not have one scintilla of evidence to back them up, and it only emboldens the troll when nobody charged with maintaining decorum in this game does anything to stop the constant harassment. he joins games as other mocking avatars (e.g. 'emotional midget nemo'), continually calls me names, spreads lies about me, smack talks me to others, etc., etc. it is a non stop barrage of negativity.

big will e style was warned today by bean to stop trolling and griefing and followed it up by bumping an 8+ year old thread. he is mocking you and your authority. i mean, there are rules against: 1. griefing, 2. trolling, and 3. targeting (which he does in every game he plays me). how is anyone supposed to take lux seriously if you continue to allow this to happen and do nothing about it?! all i am asking is that you enforce the rules, and make lux a welcoming community for all!

as far as playing the game fairly goes, the only true things that are based on actual evidence indicate that big will e style is one of the biggest cheaters on lux:

1. para publicly confronted big will e style about the fact that he gamed the system for years by exploiting a bug in lux that allowed him to host games while giving himself a favorable starting position in every single game he played!! it involved hundreds of classic games, and it is the reason why his ill gotten win percentage is so high.

2. the other reason his win percentage is so high is because his buddy/teammate/partner (wife, perhaps? more likely ex-wife, lol. see below) "super good" intentionally threw games for him for years much to the chagrin of many noble lux veterans (including myself). note, even though she hasn't played for years, she is still his most "commonly played opponent" by over 100 games, and the stats pretty much speak for themselves:

http://sillysoft.net/lux/rankings/oppon ... E%20Style

"In the 665 games that had these two players:
Big Will E Style placed better 434 times with 312 wins. Average place: 2.2
SuperGood placed better 231 times with 132 wins. Average place: 2.7"

that is 444 wins for either big will e style or super good in their 665 games together. that's a combined 66.8 win % in those games. not bad work if you can get it!

http://sillysoft.net/lux/rankings/versu ... =SuperGood

on the flip side, big will e style was supergood's most "commonly played opponent" by 400 games!!!! i mean, really? it was and continues to be so transparent! you are not fooling anybody, hoosier buddy! lol!

http://sillysoft.net/lux/rankings/oppon ... =SuperGood

perhaps the most telling evidence of all is that one of big will e style's other avatars (when he isn't trolling me) is "mr. super good." could it be any more blatant?!

http://sillysoft.net/lux/rankings/user/Mr.%20SuperGood

i am sorry, but the self-proclaimed emperor has no clothes, and he of all people is certainly in no position to be throwing rocks. i see nothing "big" about you, only a very small and pitiful player and person.

unless something is done, i cannot see continuing with lux in this hostile environment. please don't let the bullies (and cheaters) win!

"10/2009: user has been warned for: Griefing"

"08/2009: user has been warned for: harassment"

#bigwillestyletoo

m

:catrun

Big Will E Style
RAW Dogger

Re: Cheating, Trolling, and Lux

Post by Big Will E Style » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:06 am

Mnemo, your defense shouldn’t be to deflect us from the real issue of teaming with someone when a Lux Moderator has proven that you and Frank have played from the same IP. That’s been proven. Why don’t you tell us why? Why do you keep lying? Dream on with your SuperGood deflection tactics. She hasn’t played in like 5 years and half of our games were 2 or 3 people. I have nothing to defend other than I met someone on here who I enjoyed playing with. Do some real research and stop trying to take the storyline away from your teaming tactics. You’re the one who keeps attacking me in games and I just repeat facts that have been presented via sillysoft forums. Years of this BS should be looked into.

Big Will E Style
RAW Dogger

Post by Big Will E Style » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:10 am

Dustin - can you back to January of 2009 and check the records from when -NN- Grin posted his Same IP address record of Mnemo and Frank? If so, it could really help with some closure.

PJB
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by PJB » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:45 pm

Hey Guys,

We will have a look, discuss it in the mod lounge and let you guys know.

mnemosyne
titaness

Post by mnemosyne » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:32 pm

dank u wel, pjb! i know this is not worth the investment of time, so your intervention here is appreciated.

and young william, i did offer an explanation/'defense' if you take the time to actually read my post instead of shooting from this hip. and it is far more compelling than the so called explanations (or lack thereof) you have for your past cheating (i also note you did not say a peep about your constant trolling, griefing, and harassment, as well).

since you raised the spectre of cheating, i thought it was only fair to lay all of our cards on the table on the subject generally, since you have cheated in the past, and it is well documented. but i understand that you do not like fair games. i am just saying you need to take a long look in the mirror before you start accusing other people of cheating.

so i repeat and expand:

offense #1:
1. para publicly confronted big will e style about the fact that he gamed the system for years by exploiting a bug in lux that allowed him to host games while giving himself a favorable starting position in every single game he played!! it involved hundreds of classic games, and it is the reason why his ill gotten win percentage is so high.
bwe response: ♪♫ this is the sound . . . of silence ♪♫

additional support (from chat last night between landlord and foosball prime aka para):

landlord: para they say you were one of the best player in here will be nice to play with you

foosball prime: one of? sorry but the best.

foosball prime: except maybe bwe he was the best with his rigged old deux win percentage [emphasis added]

judgment: guilty as charged!

sentence: tbd by mod squad.

offense #2:
2. the other reason his win percentage is so high is because his buddy/teammate/partner (wife, perhaps? more likely ex-wife, lol. see below) "super good" intentionally threw games for him for years much to the chagrin of many noble lux veterans (including myself). note, even though she hasn't played for years, she is still his most "commonly played opponent" by over 100 games, and the stats pretty much speak for themselves:

http://sillysoft.net/lux/rankings/oppon ... E%20Style

"In the 665 games that had these two players:
Big Will E Style placed better 434 times with 312 wins. Average place: 2.2
SuperGood placed better 231 times with 132 wins. Average place: 2.7"

that is 444 wins for either big will e style or super good in their 665 games together. that's a combined 66.8 win % in those games. not bad work if you can get it!

on the flip side, big will e style was supergood's most "commonly played opponent" by 400 games!!!! i mean, really? it was and continues to be so transparent! you are not fooling anybody, hoosier buddy! lol!

http://sillysoft.net/lux/rankings/oppon ... =SuperGood

perhaps the most telling evidence of all is that one of big will e style's other avatars (when he isn't trolling me) is "mr. super good." could it be any more blatant?!

http://sillysoft.net/lux/rankings/user/Mr.%20SuperGood
bwe response: er, i met somebody on lux, and we played mostly 2-3 player games.

analysis: you seem to forget that these records are public, and a quick scan of the games that you and supergood played shows that the vast majority of the games you played were not '2-3 player' games; in fact, most were fh games! i mean, you were her most commonly played opponent by 400 games! your combined win % was just under 70% in those games. you won 200 more of those games than she did. one of your avatars is 'mr. super good.' i know that trump takes liberties with the truth, and that people seem to believe almost anything these days, but luxers are smarter than this, so please don't insult our intelligence.

additional support (in game chat last night between bwe and foosball prime aka para):

foosball prime: buy me a reg code bwe so i can be your second super good wife! [emphasis added]

offense #3:

constant trolling, griefing, harassment, and targeting of mnemo.

bwe reply: er, she targets me (aka i am the victim).

will, you are indubitably one of the best luxers in this game. i used to enjoy playing you from time to time; it was always a good challenge, but you have to tone down the hostility, and trolling/griefing/harassment. its childish, and you can and should be better than this. you have been in the past. this community has no need for more negativity right now. lux desperately needs leaders who lead by example in their actions, commentary, and gameplay. you are well positioned to be precisely this. however, if you continue on your current trajectory, you should always know that when i am pushed, belittled, bullied, and accused, i will stand my ground, especially when these hostile actions flow from a source with charges that i find deeply ironic.

these issues aside, best wishes to you and yours for the holidays. 'tis the season, and all. i also hope that you have a full and speedy recovery! that's how people from indiana treat each other even when we have our differences. perhaps you have been living in los angeles for too long, lol.

#riseabove

m

Big Will E Style
RAW Dogger

Post by Big Will E Style » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:47 pm

Let's just call this what it is, another infiltration by Para through a pawn to push his agenda of creating Lux Drama and question its authority (i.e. Stelee, i.e. RogueMonk etc. etc.)

If you care beyond that, see below:

Mnemo, if your defense is going to be backed by Para quotes and false statements, then you better start using facts.

Fact 1: -NN-Grim, a past Lux Moderator, has documentation of you and Frank on the same IP address.

Fact 2: Would I kill SuperGood last if possible? Sure, but I never teamed with her to win games. I play every game to win and expect my opponents to as well.

Breakdown of my Statistics vs. SuperGood.

I have won 88/124 2-player games = 71%
I have won 42/65 3-player games = 64.7%
I have won 19/43 4-player games = 44.2%
I have won 17/46 5-player games = 37%
I have won 146/387 FH games = 37.8% FH Winning %

That is actual data.

Fact 3: Mr. SuperGood was a joke that I played 2 bot games with the real SuperGood. Poor argument there.

Fact 4: The claim I was cheating by using a Lux feature during hosting to have my turn go first it's ridiculous. I honestly don't remember doing this, but 1. if Lux allowed it, it's not cheating. 2. Who is to say going first is an actual advantage in an income-based game? Do you have supporting data? 3. I agree it shouldn't be a feature for hosts. 4. I haven't hosted in like 7 years.

Fact 5: You have been targeting me. I don't target you in games. I have spoken about your checkered past and made comments about it to people and even acted a little childish in response to your targeting, but don't make false accusations.

Stelee
RENUNCIANT

Post by Stelee » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:24 am

... you people have too much time on your hands ... (para colluded with me to make me say that)

mnemosyne
titaness

Post by mnemosyne » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:43 pm

:deadhorse

b-dub. you make good points. i especially like the one about it being so long ago. you started this by bumping a thread from almost 9 years ago (which you have done more than once). as para (the only mod who was constantly watching, and on top of all of the relevant data) presciently noted the last time you bumped this thread in 2014:
Re: List of Dual Accounts or Same IP Teamers

Post by paranoiarodeo » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:31 am

Two players playing from the same IP is not certain proof that they're teaming together for mutual benefit. Equally so, two players who've never played from the same IP aren't free from suspicion either. I could produce quite a list of pairs with statistically abnormal results compared to their own usual individual play. I'd wager that most wouldn't be playing from the same IP address either. Anyways, for the record, I have player IP addresses for nearly all games in all hosts since summer 2007. Somewhere down the road, I'll do a full analysis of this data, and see what it reveals in combination with game results.

(You'd end up on that list with a few of your friends, BWE; glass houses and stones.)
this is all water under the bridge. i don't team with anyone across games, ever, and i never have. i have no idea why grim posted what he did so long ago (we didn't get along, as you might guess; he--and nimrod--despised my turtling strategy and killed me for 0 cards in nearly every game we played), but others questioned his claim at the time, as you can see in the thread. hopefully the mods will cross check and post what they find here, and we can all add closure to this.

for your own satisfaction, i will try to avoid playing frank549 (now shahbi) as much as i can for the time being. he doesn't seem to play as much lately, so that shouldn't be too hard. if we do end up in a game together, i will not team with him, or anybody else for that matter.

i will also avoid playing in games with you until we can learn to be civil to each other.

and, i honestly don't think anything should happen to you, just for the record. i was simply pushing back against your hostility and trolling, and calling out the ironic nature of the accusations from so long ago. if you could stop with that (contingent on a mod report of course), we could hit the reset button, and go back to just being normal luxers.

i would hit you with the ham of peace, but its a pork product that some might find offensive. besides, as we already know, #meatismurder generally, and there is nothing peaceful about it.

hasta la pasta!

m

Baden
Lux Elder

Post by Baden » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:52 pm

Para: "Two players playing from the same IP is not certain proof that they're teaming together for mutual benefit. Equally so, two players who've never played from the same IP aren't free from suspicion either."

This is true. All I can say I never teamed. But of course somebody may doubt it if you have a member of familiy in the same house using the same IP.

It was always a question of honor to beat my son "K-SWISS" long time ago. We smiled later about it. It was always a fair struggle between father and son.

We met only in 21 games between 2004 and 2010. "K-SWISS" made almost 5000 games in total! But I remember that we got accused for teaming however.

If we had really the aim to team we would have played hundreds of games together.

I saw blatant cases of open teaming in the past. But it will be always difficult to prove a clever teaming.

Cheating is a poor attitude. Some people may enjoy it however in daily life or Lux. Are they really happy? I think they are not in long term.

I enjoyed winning the "most sportsmanship player" medal.

PJB
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by PJB » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:03 am

Hi Mnemo and BWE,

I couldnt find any evidence that BWE and Supergood or Mnemo and Frank played from the same ipadress. But i cant look back that far.

You guys both had to say what you wanted to say so i think we should move on. This happend a long time ago. As far as i can tell you guys want to move on as well.

Keep on luxing
:bang:

GFips
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by GFips » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:05 pm

Hi mnemo, Hi BWE,

you know I highly respect you both as great and competetive players and as longterm community members. You both are longer around here than most of the players. These "things" were issued in the past already several times. I am sure the mods at that time did their Job well and probably there was no clear evidence for either case. Actually I personally do not see any sense in warming up things that happened 5 or more years in the past. It all just results in accusations and finally in an heated atmosphere as no one can proof what happened exactly in past ("the only statistics you can trust are those you falsified yourself" ;-) ). Frank and mnemo do not play from the same ip actually, but mods will keep an eye on it. If you watch any teaming report them,. Suppergood is actually not playing. If she should return, be sure mods will also keep an eye on in it. But for now lets stop this discussion as there is not proof in any way. I hope you can move on and look forward.

One of the problems in Lux is, that many rumors result in lies, offenses and even harrassment. You both don't need to get friends, but maybe we can move on and look forward without asshating and offending each other. Maybe it is not easy after all that happened but I please you to give each other a chance. Don't take any move personal. You are both great players. Enjoy the games and if you can not, then avoid playing each other or make a break and come back later. It is a game!

Bean started an experiment with a silent room. I personally enjoy chatting , but when I sometimes see the toxic environments in some rooms, I must say, I really like that experiment ;-) Maybe we will switch some more rooms silent if the atmosphere keeps getting heated ;-)

Like PJB said, I think there has been said enough in this thread now.
The forum is not a place to consequently offend others or start feuds (take it to pm in needed). If you think a player behaves wrong report him to Dustin or the mods, but don't try to start any kind of public hate campaigns.

So I hope, you both can move on. I personally look forward to play with you both. I always enjoyed playing with you!

So lets lux.
Last edited by GFips on Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: corrected wrong infos - sorry my bad in a week under stress outside Lux

Baden
Lux Elder

Post by Baden » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:11 pm

I have since years a clear opinion concerning "BIG".

Here is one of the reasons why I have no respect at all for him:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22617&p=278279&hili ... en#p278279

That was back in 2011

His stupid answer:

"I was kidding right? I didn't even know who the Quandt's were until Baden said it. So I googled the name and one of the top stories was them having to deal with their Nazi past...so I just ran with it..."

Enough said.

Maybe he was 12 years old when he posted that. That would be the only excuse.

Big Will E Style
RAW Dogger

Post by Big Will E Style » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:36 pm

Baden you told me you love me in that same thread. 'Nuff said.

GFips
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by GFips » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:26 am

Childs - don't warm up old feuds that were discussed (and I thought already cleared) some years ago!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TIME EVERYBODY!

(don't bring us in the need to lock this topic!)

Baden
Lux Elder

Post by Baden » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:47 pm

I am pretty cool. I had and have a real life beside Lux and have a lot of good friends who don't hide behind an IP but show their face. Like him for example:

https://www.vogue.com/article/Helmut-La ... phy-career

An actual picture of the interior of the former studio (I still own) of my deceased wife there:

https://assets.vogue.com/photos/5a397ae ... graphy.jpg

Just consider: Our lifespan is limited. As one of the oldest players here I may say that. Don't waste time with stupid personal struggles.

I enjoy my life and the company of my wonderful new wife. The dogs, the garden, good food here in France.

Some things will bother me however always: Bad jokes about the Nazi period for example.

But: Case closed!

Merry Christmas as well.

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:47 pm

Merry Christmas, dear Baden!

:smt114

Dr.Thorvaldt
Luxer

Post by Dr.Thorvaldt » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:37 am

Goat Lick in 2019 and the gut Dr. wishes he could be drinking at Straubing, but hey its Verwaltungstag here so, so....um well ok more coffee and later some white wine

Dangerous Beans
oO0-0Oo-oO0-0Oo

Post by Dangerous Beans » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:42 pm

I know this post is already old news and despite my desire to let it sleep, since no one else has come forward to say as much, I feel like clearing the air...

:shield

In light of all the heat being thrown on Big Will, I do feel the need to state one simple thing:

There is NO DOUBT that SuperGood and Will were NOT TEAMERS. I have played many games with SuperGood and Will, and watched twice as many as that, and there was never any suspicion or questionable conduct in terms of collusion between the two.

Thank you,

:smt109

Baden
Lux Elder

Post by Baden » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:37 pm

Sounds reasonable. I did not watch the case. But Will is a very good player. I don't think that he needs fraudulent support.